Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - seeking new Master  (Read 30081 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's get personal: One on One Community Fortress
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 09:25:12 pm »

I'll dig out some rooms for myself, and if someone wants to have a base or structure close to the forges and underground. I want my forges DEEP within the most ore rich area. Like at least 5/6/7 z-levels below the ground or below the lowest non-hermit building. If there is less then 50 ores (which I doubt will happen) dig about searching for ores. But keep the gems and use them as my own currency that I use if I'm purchasing food/bed/drink. I don't want them cut, rough is fine. It'll be a start before I trade armor grafts and swords to everyone
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 09:25:59 pm »

If you think that there's any way that I can set up a currency system for food drink and beds that would be quite a bit more interesting than everything's free

Trade you gems and armor pieces/swords for x days of bed/food/drink? :P

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
  • Spirallances an epic failure in dwarven history
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 09:28:43 pm »

Actually that would be interesting ie: mason offers to craft a statue or a carpenter offers to carve a nice bed ect
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
                [-_-]~ Text Ninja I like it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 09:31:41 pm »

Actually that would be interesting ie: mason offers to craft a statue or a carpenter offers to carve a nice bed ect

Lets do it! Armor grafts for sale! I'll take mercinaries to protect me and give them swords! lots of Swords! One for your right hand, one for your left, two to tie onto your arms, two to tie to your legs and two to tie for the bottom of your feet. You'll be a whirling storm of swords! And death! Mostly of yourself! 8)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2013, 09:32:07 pm »

If no fort has been built by the time my migrant arrives he will design it and help maintain it keeping in mind my first post will be his primary job
Sounds good. I'll make sure to post detailed screenshots of the fort when the first wave comes in.

If you think that there's any way that I can set up a currency system for food drink and beds that would be quite a bit more interesting than everything's free
Haha, that means you and Timeless Bob will have distinctive competing businesses, right from the start.

The best idea I have currently for currency is everyone having their own stockpiles of things they collect/manufacture, and to pay moving items to the other's stockpile. Kind of messy and prone to error if not carefully watched, so other ideas are welcome.

Which brings up another point: If you want to make things for yourself/personal trade, let me know. Otherwise it'll all go to the fortress collective.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2013, 09:35:19 pm »

If no fort has been built by the time my migrant arrives he will design it and help maintain it keeping in mind my first post will be his primary job
Sounds good. I'll make sure to post detailed screenshots of the fort when the first wave comes in.

Haha, that means you and Timeless Bob will have distinctive competing businesses, right from the start.

The best idea I have currently for currency is everyone having their own stockpiles of things they collect/manufacture, and to pay moving items to the other's stockpile. Kind of messy and prone to error if not carefully watched, so other ideas are welcome.

Which brings up another point: If you want to make things for yourself/personal trade, let me know. Otherwise it'll all go to the fortress collective.

I keep the gems I find first, then I forge everything I can. I also give out stones to the masons for trade goods, but the first 10 rocks are free. Armor and swords aren't free though.

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2013, 09:35:31 pm »

Yes competition I think I'll have to start giving out friggin coupons buy one get one free also I demand the manufacturing a chese so I want cows and a farmers workshop maybe a small pasture behind the inn? And the workshop in the back of course
Ah ha.  Spirallances...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2013, 09:45:49 pm »

Yes competition I think I'll have to start giving out friggin coupons buy one get one free also I demand the manufacturing a chese so I want cows and a farmers workshop maybe a small pasture behind the inn? And the workshop in the back of course

Highmax to the Hermit: <insert sheogorath's voice> "Oh you gotta try that inn over there. Their booze is excellent, their beds are soft. And the cheese! To die for"

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2013, 09:48:12 pm »

Sheogorath is the best dadra the wabbajak

I think dwarven coupons are the best idea but one pig tail fiber sock get one free of course it's on a dead dwarf right in the middle of a goblin seige but it's yours
Ah ha.  Spirallances...

MaxMoore

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2013, 09:53:12 pm »

I really don't think a village idiot is expected to pay though... The concept of currency may be a bit much. He should take items from all areas liberally as he doesn't comprehend social boundaries.

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2013, 09:54:51 pm »

Some where a village is missing its idiot but not our fortress
Ah ha.  Spirallances...

C0nfusedHaberdasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2013, 10:08:11 pm »

I shudder to think of how a DWARF becomes the 'village idiot'.

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2013, 10:10:39 pm »

It's one of the great mysteries of the world like how 300 people could be workin at Walmart yet try only have 5 registers open
Ah ha.  Spirallances...

MaxMoore

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2013, 10:14:29 pm »

I shudder to think of how a DWARF becomes the 'village idiot'.

Easy... adopted by elves... years of sobriety have dulled his senses and warped his mind leaving a hollow husk of a dwarf. He was recovered by a dwarven migrant wave.

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2013, 10:19:06 pm »

He is a god among men an idiot among idiots he is the dwarven village idiot
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27