Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - seeking new Master  (Read 30078 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's get personal: One on One Community Fortress
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 07:25:08 am »

So we got forge lord, the preist/monk, the asswhooper, the "fruty" swordsdwarf, the innkeeper and the hermit...

It all goes downhill from here folks!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

alrevis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 07:16:48 pm »

Hello id like to sign up if there is still room I want my dwarf to be named Avus nickname Silverbrow. His job would be Military logistics, He would help build any fortifications and plan out a above or below ground fortress that is well stocked with arms,armor,food and could be self sustainable so if invaders were to come the rest of the populace could take shelter, he would also help to guide the rest of the troops in training when such a force is aquired. In his down time he would help with general labor around the fort helping dwarfs accomplish their tasks and at least taking time once a month month for training his own skills. His preferencial weapon is a silver warhammer and in general silver gear but the hammer is the one thing he wouldnt trade. He also demands that he have a beautiful burial chamber built in his honor so when he dies he may rest in style. He would start by cutting/taking logs and building a palasade starting with an outer and inner layer with the outer layer being defendable with a second story wall for archers and the inner layer for a barracks,living quarters, and several  farms for various crops. Is this good?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:02:17 pm by alrevis »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 07:22:00 pm »

I'd like to be named Jack. I want to dig, dig, dig, a massive section of the fortress that just goes down and down and down until he hits candy. Then he stops.

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
  • Spirallances an epic failure in dwarven history
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 07:36:20 pm »

Wow I like how descriptive alveris is then Urist mc dwarfs all like I want to dig a tunnel for candy
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
                [-_-]~ Text Ninja I like it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 07:46:00 pm »

Wow I like how descriptive alveris is then Urist mc dwarfs all like I want to dig a tunnel for candy
I was gonna say I'd dig a bit for mr guy and give him silver swords and armor, but looks like mr urist has that covered.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

alrevis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 08:03:14 pm »

We still need a smither...if one isnt aquired silverbrow would grow impatient and try it himself i suppose

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 08:24:16 pm »

We still need a smither...if one isnt aquired silverbrow would grow impatient and try it himself i suppose
That'd be me once I get charcoal and ores. that's why I said "dig until I get a crap ton of ores". I think we need a woodcutter...

C0nfusedHaberdasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 08:28:05 pm »

I want my dwarf to be a hunter-priest. With his bow/crossbow he will spend his time hunting down whatever is most dangerous or otherwise hard to kill (i.e. elephants, filthy tree huggers, clowns, carp etc.). He wears and uses only that which nature provides so he is can use only wood for his crossbow and leather for his armor. In the interests of a clean kill, only iron arrowheads are allowed. Alloys are not allowed due to the extra steps required removing it from nature, and steel is not allowed due to the natural impurities of iron being burnt away to make it. His room in the fort should have just the basics: a wooden bed, a rack for his crossbow and bolts and a small shrine for the god/dess of the hunt.

MaxMoore

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 08:29:25 pm »

Lenny - Village Idiot. Any skills...and a pet rabbit. Have him perform any odd job required for fort maintenance, but only a job any dwarf already knows and can thus train him on. He should not exceed any other dwarf in any skill. He must not be put into battle as he has no taste for it, and he must not be put into pants as he has no taste for it. Bonus points if he becomes a politician!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 08:51:13 pm »

We have a total of twelve participants currently! 11 in this thread and 1 who contacted me outside the forums. The first seven will be in the starting wave:
The Hermit
Highmax McForgemaster, Swords Enthusiast
"Fruity", Fabulous Swordswarf
That bitch
Holypunch, Monk
Baffler, Oddjob
Spirallances, Inkeeper

After that, people get to choose migrants in the order they sign up:
Avus "Silverbrow", Military Logistician
Jack
The grand scholar, a legendary bookkeeper
The hunter-priest
Lenny, Village Idiot

So the roles filled at startup are:
one self-sufficient hut, cut off from everything else (I'll look into how to use burrows briefly before starting)
weapon production (swords), some armor - collecting own ore
militia commander: skillful swordsdwarf
infrequent stonecrafting
hunter + gatherer (for trade within fortress)
archer leader (hunter + gatherer)
Bed and Breakfast - payment for rooms, dining cafeteria, and fine food and drink
Inn - hub for food and drink (free, it seems)
brewing (for inn)
cooking (for inn)
fortress piety
potential military striker
odd jobs (likely to be mostly hauling at first)

Which means the usual jobs missing at startup are:
wood cutting + carpentry (beds)
mining (for fortress itself - could instead be carpentry, or masonry + mining for stone)
Baffler won't do wood cutting or mining by default. So someone will have to decide to start making the halls and beds, unless no-one gets tired of being outside.
highmax28, you refer to "digging out a base" - does that mean the fortress itself, or are you only looking for ores at all times?

Tehsapper, you'll have a lot of down time. Do you want to spend all of that time around your shrine, or will you want to do other things (ex. combat training, collecting deity-related materials)? And do you want to make and enhance the shrine yourself, or have someone else do it?

Spirallances_, it looks like there won't be a dedicated carpenter for a while. What would you like to do in the meanwhile? (ex. brew and cook in a temporary location, build the inn yourself)

alveris, do you want to design the fortress once you arrive at it, or will you just make sure essential structures are in place?

And everyone who's going to have buildings and workshops, do you want them above ground, below ground, or something more specific (like Meph's)?

I will almost certainly have time to start this tomorrow.

More entrants welcome! The sooner people sign up, the better and more immediate choices of migrants they'll have. And more ideas for dwarves help inspire forts outside of this project too.

alrevis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2013, 09:06:16 pm »

If no fort has been built by the time my migrant arrives he will design it and help maintain it keeping in mind my first post will be his primary job

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2013, 09:10:57 pm »

one self-sufficient hut, cut off from everything else (I'll look into how to use burrows briefly before starting)
You probably dont need burrows, just lock his door once he has one. Hermit inside, fort outside. Would be awesome if that guy would dig tunnels later to archery towers around his hut, using his self-made crossbow and wooden bolts against enemies. Redneck with a shotgun and a trailer in the woods. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2013, 09:12:24 pm »

Journal of Spirallances entry 1

These idiots expect me to build my own damn inn well I suppose that's fine but it'll be low quality and I must rebuild it once we get a proper carpenter. I think I'll build a large main eating and drinking area in the front and a kitchen brewery and fishery along with a celller to store the ingredients and to age he wine that I hear the humans like so much I'll have to try some myself but it sounds good. I also think Ill have a upstairs area with rooms for guests to stay in and I think I'll have a small house just a small ways away from the inn/tavern that I still need to name.
Ah ha.  Spirallances...

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2013, 09:14:55 pm »

You can give me the carpenter job on embark but whenever we get a really good carpenter I'll ask for him/her to remodel it. Also you can call me Spirallances I actually own the actual Spirallances account (I think) but for some reason it registered but didn't send the email it's strange also if anyone has names for the tavern they're welcome
Ah ha.  Spirallances...

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2013, 09:19:24 pm »

If you think that there's any way that I can set up a currency system for food drink and beds that would be quite a bit more interesting than everything's free
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27