Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 40968 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

17th of Felsite, 130: Rumors and Love?
Well, I don't know whats been going on except from what the carpenter has told me. And she just told me the moat has been draining the river, which even though is a hilarious concept, can be a very bad thing. But that's not why I'm writing this. Yesterday, I noticed the carpenter looked really nice and she was always talking to me as if she was flirting. And those eyes and that long hair... She doesn't seem like any other dwarf. Her skin is so fair, and I've only noticed this at that last party. Is this what happens when you fall in love with someone? I talked to her about it today and she said she felt the same way. I guess that means we're lovers? Wait... Is this what that gem cutter was trying to do all along!?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

For a dwarf to get so smashed they don't remember anything from the night before is pretty impressive. Also, I don't mean to nitpick but it's kobold, not kobald. Sorry, it's just been bugging the shit out of me because someone else has a modded race they mention in the "what's going on in your fort" thread called cobalds. You keep making me think of both them and that we're dealing with a tribe of 'bolds that ritually shave their heads or something. :-\

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For a dwarf to get so smashed they don't remember anything from the night before is pretty impressive. Also, I don't mean to nitpick but it's kobold, not kobald. Sorry, it's just been bugging the shit out of me because someone else has a modded race they mention in the "what's going on in your fort" thread called cobalds. You keep making me think of both them and that we're dealing with a tribe of 'bolds that ritually shave their heads or something. :-\

Well, D&D KobOlds have no hair to begin with...

23rd of Felsite, 130: While we're down here...
I've been talking with the carpenter more and more often now. Shes amazing in so many ways... Then, Chucker and the axe lord came down and spoek to me and splint in the dining hall (the "mingling" expanded down here for comfort). They told me the goblins got gutsy and have been attacking. They killed three ambush, one alone each and then one smaller one together, with a prisoner to interrogate. I nodded and told them I'd grab my sword, but I'm stuck here for another season. I would rejoin them once the "migling" was over. They both nodded and told me that they might not get so lucky with the solo battles next time.

The warrior's life knows no true peace...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

I have figured out why Kobolds are attacking us.  It's not because we have great artifacts and shiny things galore.  We are a race of beards attached to stunted humans.  They don't want our wealth, they want our enormous amounts of hair.  (Okay and maybe a shiny thing or two.)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have figured out why Kobolds are attacking us.  It's not because we have great artifacts and shiny things galore.  We are a race of beards attached to stunted humans.  They don't want our wealth, they want our enormous amounts of hair.  (Okay and maybe a shiny thing or two.)

I want to sig that SO badly...

8th Malachite, 130: Horrors From the Depths
Someone cam running, screaming "flying blob out of the mud! Flying Blob out of the mud!" And then when I asked what was happening, they told me this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We're away from the underground, right? Right? The masons DID put up that wall, right? They did? Then we're fine... I thought we had a problem there for a second. I knew the depths were a horrible place...

Mingling season is almost over, and I keep getting more and more closer to the carpenter (although her name escapes me). Nothing other then the beast has gotten us all excited over anything. Excluding a butchered Kobold...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

21st of Galena, 130: Goblins get Gutsy
I heard more stories on the topside that the goblins have been arriving now during the thaw. The river runs red with their blood, and bodies cover the fields. Splint has been relieved of her duties for "mingling" but I was told to stay because of the relationship I made with the carpenter... Oh boy... Also, one of the expedition leaders many cats was slain during one of the three ambushes. He cried so loud, I could hear him from down here. And that's three z-levels of solid stone...

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

I want to sig that SO badly...

Go ahead dude, I'm not gonna stop ye. :P

8th Malachite, 130: Horrors From the Depths
Someone cam running, screaming "flying blob out of the mud! Flying Blob out of the mud!" And then when I asked what was happening, they told me this:

We're away from the underground, right? Right? The masons DID put up that wall, right? They did? Then we're fine... I thought we had a problem there for a second. I knew the depths were a horrible place...

Mingling season is almost over, and I keep getting more and more closer to the carpenter (although her name escapes me). Nothing other then the beast has gotten us all excited over anything. Excluding a butchered Kobold...

Oh boy, the first FB.  The fort's growing up so fast. -sniff-  Oh, did my dorf catch himself someone during the mingling?  What's he been up to anyway?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:24:25 am by Karkov »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunatley, Karkov wasn't in this session, and Cmega just ended becoming friends with splint. Nobody liked the presser. And our FB had some !!!FUN!!! also, read on...

12 of Sandstone, 130: Trouble and Praying for hope...
Dogs were heard barking and people screaming. Next thing I know I heard the forgotten beast had made it from the depths into our home. I forgot the whole mingling thing and rushed out as war dogs ran by. The carpenter didn't want me to go out and die, but I shook her off. I can't let that thing get up here... Not when shes still up here... I ran down and then heard dogs ripping apart the beast, and before I got there, the dust was gone and the beast lie dead. But I didn't trust it, so I ordered that we stay away from the body. All I could smell was miasma now. I fear the dust did its toll on one of the poor hounds. We're ordering it for slaughter as soon as possible. The dog will be killed and buried. The slayer of beasts, and king of the hounds we shall name it... The body of the beast lies in the depths, and I am telling the gemcutter to dig AROUND the beast, so that no one may go near it and interrupt the dust. I'm just glad most of the blood is frozen so it wont seep deep into the ground. Also I'd like to note that the dog is ROTTING. I've never seen this before in my life. It looks to be in much pain...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:51:28 am by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

28th of Sandstone, 130: Shock and Aftermath
The expedition leader put the dog down apparently. I think this is what they call necrosis. Thankfully, no one else breathed in the deadly dust, but as a precaution, we're walling off the entire area that his dust spread to (which is roughly 4 z levels around his dead body). We had a feast in the dogs honor and I noticed the meat looked a little bit green. When it hit me, I asked where the expedition leader put the dogs body when he killed it. He said he put it upstairs near the- And then everyone began to either vomit or get sick. I'm glad necrosis doesn't spread this way...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

19th of Timber, 130: Tantrums and Ambushes
I'm still stuck in this "mingling" place and I can't be let out until the expedition leader says I can. I heard that two ambushes came by and were dispatched by the axe lord and chucker. In the process, two cats died apparently and the expedition leader threw a tantrum... I think it would be safe to hide in here with the carpenter for awhile... Apparently hes raging about in the barracks, so if he does anything, Chucker will throw a pot or two at him to knock sense back into him

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

I'm loving this thread so far! Could you dorf me as Rith Umstizakrul, the animal disector?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm loving this thread so far! Could you dorf me as Rith Umstizakrul, the animal disector?

Hes the animal trainer now, but sure. He seems to like training skunks however...

And I never realized how stupidly hard it is to get two dwarves to marry... :-\

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

Hes the animal trainer now, but sure. He seems to like training skunks however...
I was hoping for that, thank you for dorfing me :D.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was hoping for that, thank you for dorfing me :D.

You're also in charge of making leather and leather clothing. Congrats

9th of Slate, 131: Marriage
That mingling thing mustve worked; today is a glorious day for me and the carpenter: We're married now!

I can finally get out of this damn room and fight on the battlefield! The wrestlers have been chosen amongst the four that will go, along with Karkov and another random dwarf. Hopefully Karkov and Chucker get lucky and find someone like I did.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

15th of Felsite, 131: Thawing with Uneasyness
Its been the first year of the moat thawing, and I must say, its rather uneasy with people running on top of the ice front and back. I told my wife about this, and she said don't worry about it. I tok her word for it, and lo and behold, no one was on the ice when it melted (although the expedition leader looked confused as the ice broke apart before her eyes). Its been a rather green winter with the area close to us white with snow and the forested places north showing more green then white. I was a little rusty with being off duty for a year, but I got back my skill as a swordmaster within days. Splint is happy to be on full duty also; shes been hauling while I was "mingling". She told me it was the most boring job she has ever done, and she was angry when she missed out on the slaughtering of the enemy of dwarves; though she was happy she missed out on the forgotten beast.

We also hit a second cavern layer, and there is a downward passage. I told the expedition leader to PLEASE seal it properly so we don't get another forgotten beast flying in again. She agreed. She also told me mingling will resume in the summer months and will extend longer. This will give me and Splint more opportunities for combat. We also have steel bars now, ready to be crafted into excellent armor and weapons. Soon, we will become the great warriors clad in steel and we will destroy all who oppose us!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:15:15 pm by highmax28 »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32