Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Arcane Etchings - Chapter 1: A Magical Story  (Read 4232 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Etchings - Chapter 1: A Magical Story
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2013, 07:47:05 pm »

Curse. Examine paper and notes, trying to guess a conclusion about what the scroll's effect could be and how the words lead to it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2013, 07:55:13 pm »

What do you mean how the words lead to it? You just sketched a sinkhole on your paper, you didnt actually write anything

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2013, 08:06:20 pm »

Oh.

...Try to guess a conclusion about how the sinkhole sketch leads to the scroll's effect.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2013, 08:11:19 pm »

or right let me rereadt that turn
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2013, 08:12:13 pm »

Changing action

Notice the giant scorpion, fire my special arrow at it, after carefully sighting at it's head
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2013, 08:34:05 pm »

((Here's hoping you didn't just waste a one-use item on a pathetic mook.))
Sig

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2013, 08:48:02 pm »

I'll say that the arrow isn't a one-use item :)

No more hints! I'm off to bed, will roll tomorrow.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2013, 08:59:07 pm »

Light the brazier for some nice lighting inside the dark pyramid.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2013, 08:59:41 pm »

((The description it'self (will never break) made me go, NOT 1 use, now if i can get it to rip out and return ...))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2013, 02:39:08 am »

Scorpion: The scorpion lunges at Tiruin while she is on the ground, and [2] lands it's stinger right inside Tiruins lower abdomen! The scorpion withdraws it's stinger after the venom quickly squirts into Tiruin. Tiruin is now bleeding heavily, and is poisoned. The scorpion [6] notices Samarkand quickly approaching and [3] BARElY misses jabbing its stinger into him. If Tiruin is left unaided, he could very well die soon.
((Fixed a small note.

. . .Also wat.

Fixing: 'Irod-shod' is an adjective to describe the Quarterstaff.))

Defend self-try to stabilize and cure my poisoned condition! Assess situation and examine the area, checking for further hostilities.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2013, 10:03:55 am »

My bad, I thought that was the name of your staff, and I'll keep in mind that you are of the female variety. Gonna roll after I do some work.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2013, 10:34:47 am »

Turn 4:
--------
Samarkand: Raise buckler and try to hack off a leg or the tail of the scorpion.
[5] You raise your buckler up and [3] deflect the scorpions attack. Striking with a quick counter-attack, you thrust forward and slice the whole tail of the scorpion off. The tail squirms around on the sand before coming to a stop. Warrior senses! [5] You sense the arrow flying towards you from the left and raise your buckler just in time. The scorpion head of the arrow hits your shield, and vanishes. The arrow flips up into the air, and lands right in front of you. You glare at wolfchild.

GreatWyrmGold: Try to guess a conclusion about how the sinkhole sketch leads to the scroll's effect.
[4] You curse and examine your scroll. After studying it carefully, you notice instructions that the Ancient Arcanist must have slipped into your binder. "Step one, write or draw desired object or ability. Step 2; if the scroll is going to augment the user- then fold the scroll in half, rip it, and eat the left segment. If the scroll is going to affect the environment- fold it into a square, and lie it down somewhere. If the scroll is going to affect an enemy- fold the scroll into an aviation machine, and hit your target with it. Any type of scroll can be folded any way you want, but the affects could be dangerous. Good luck!" Awesome!

wolfchild: Notice the giant scorpion, fire my special arrow at it, after carefully sighting at it's head
[1] You take aim with your Recurve bow, and load your very special arrow from the quiver. Without aiming or thinking, you let the arrow fly. In flight, the tip of the arrow morphs into a scorpions head. You notice the arrow heading right for Samarkand. [Look at Samarkand's roll].

Caellath: Light the brazier for some nice lighting inside the dark pyramid.
[1] First, you put away your Shepherding Staff. You try to light your brazier, but only manage to give yourself a nice burn on the hand. In the process, you also drop all of your coal all over the floor. You hear a kind of skittering echo all around you, but shrug your shoulders and assume it was the coal.

Tiruin: Defend self-try to stabilize and cure my poisoned condition!
[3] The scorpion turns to you and attempts to attack, but has no stinger thanks to Samarkand. You try to rip off a piece of cloth from your clothing, but you can't even move. You are paralyzed!

Environment: It is still noon. One of the adventurers is still stuck inside the pyramid with no light. Two of the other adventurers are stand outside the entrance to the pyramid. The remaining two adventurers are battling a giant scorpion, but appear to be winning. Unfortunately, it seems as though one of the adventurers might perish if not helped soon.

GreatWyrmGold: Holding a -large binder- in left hand. Holding a -green pen- in right pocket. He has a -green water rune sketch- in his binder. He has a bundle of 4 magical scrolls in his binder. Holding a -Sinkhole Scroll- in his right hand.

Caellath: Holding a -Burnt Shepherding staff- strapped to back. Holding a -long-shafted Brazier with no coal- in left hand. Has a burnt right hand. Imbued with the Rune of Water. Blind from darkness.

wolfchild: Has a -Composite Recurve Bow- in his hands and a sheathed hunting knife in his pocket. There are 20 wooden arrows and 0 Arrows of Changing in his quiver.

Samarkand: Holding a -Shortsword- in right hand. Holding a -Metal Buckler- in left hand. Wearing enchanted chainmail. Bruised scalp.

Tiruin: Holding -Quarterstaff- with right hand. Holding a strange cube in left hand. Bleeding heavily from lower abdomen. Poisoned from scorpion [2]. Paralyzed. Is a girl.
   Flitterfly: In Tiruins pocket to avoid the heat.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Sorry, there was bad formatting on that one for a while, just fixed it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:10:45 am by sakiskid »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2013, 11:30:29 am »

"Lady Luck, could you give me some help? I'm not exactly being favored here." he says quietly and gruffly.

Try to use the power of the Rune of Water to heal burnt hand.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2013, 11:55:54 am »

Slay scorpion. Help Tiruin if possible.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2013, 12:54:14 pm »

"I wonder where I could get more of these...so many possibilities! I only wish there was some way to make more of them..."

Examine the scrolls for any kind of marks or something defining them as different from a normal piece of paper.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4