Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Arcane Etchings - Chapter 1: A Magical Story  (Read 4230 times)

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Arcane Etchings - Chapter 1: A Magical Story
« on: September 23, 2013, 08:33:03 pm »

Hey guys, and welcome to my RTD! I hope we'll have fun!

-- The weary adventurers are just as tired as the cave is dark. The last torch burns on the sconce, darkness encroaching closer and closer. Next to the sconce, there is a black marking etched into the wall. A hazy light blue aura surrounds the mark, as if it was imbued with arcane magics. All might seem well, but the problem still stands; the torch is nearly spent. Darkness looms. --

Arcane Etchings is based in the old ages, focused on magic and stuffs. When you post your action for the first turn, tell me what 2 things your character is carrying, other than obvious things like clothes. Oh, and feel free to add a background or whatever you want to your character. There's going to be a total of 5 adventures, at least at the beginning. I've been working on this story for a while, so I've got it all planned out :). HAVE AT IT!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:35:07 pm by sakiskid »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Remove a piece of paper. Rub over the mark.

Items: Large binder full of loose-leaf paper (includes a divider to separate used from clean pages); Green Pen
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got it, but don't forget to post your action!

Also, 4 more people until the roll.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 10:00:40 pm by sakiskid »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Items: Sheperding Staff; Antique, long-hafted Brazier.
Short Story: Nikai Adaros is a peasant who looks vaguely like a sheepdog thanks to his brown hair framing and hiding part of his face and whom escaped the palisade people called a fortress, all in search of adventure.

Action: Poke the mark with sheperding rod.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet, both of your rolls are done. 3 more people left!

Also, how do you do that thing where when I mouse over your brazier it shows me text? Sorry, not used to this forums formatting :)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I use the abbr tags, as shown in the code windows below:
Code: [Select]
[abbr=Mouseover text]Name[/abbr]
Code: [Select]
[abbr=Appears old and ornate, holds coal and fire on one tip. Seems reasonable as a blunt weapon.]Antique, long-hafted Brazier[/abbr]
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Items: Composite Recurve Bow with 20 arrows,  hunting knife

short fluff: Calo is a hunter, living off the land, some call him poacher. He has short Blonde hair and is fit as one would expect of a hunter. He sort of transitioned to adventuring, from hunting slowly, he cannot really say where the line was.

Action, listen for any noise not from our group
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

Look for any other runes or signs.
Inventory: Short sword, metal buckler
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

[Let's do this. Taking 5th adventurer!]

Items: Flitterfly ; Irod-shod, Oaken Quarterstaff

Bio: am a tinkerer-a creative fellow who usually finds employ in the strangest of jobs- and has learnt how to survive by improvisation and application of her understanding.

Action: Remember how we got here.

((Yeah, I'm assuming I've got a light source before we got here. :I))
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:22:29 am by Tiruin »

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, gonna do the roll before I get off tonight. STAY TUNED Here's your roll! Sorry about the names guys, it's hard for me to keep track because I am using your forum username to reference what items you are holding, your actions, etc. So be off with ye custom names!

Turn 1:
--------
GreatWyrmGold: Remove a piece of paper. Rub over the mark.
[4] You carefully tear a piece of paper out of your large binder and place it against the etching on the wall. You then proceed to scratch over the paper using your pen. After a while of scratching, you're stuck with a green-riddled paper that has the faint indentation of the rune on the wall.

Caellath: Poke the mark with shepherding rod.
[3] You become curious of the glowing mark on the wall. After patiently waiting for GreatWyrm to finish, you prod the mark. There is a great flash of light and you immediately shut your eyes. Opening them back up, you see that your rod is draining the blueish glow from the marking! You soon realize though that the glow only made it half way up your staff before draining back into the wall.

wolfchild: Listen for any noise not from our group.
[4] You take stance in a position that only a true hunter would recognize. You think you hear footsteps coming closer towards you... but it takes you a moment to realize it is only the water dripping from a stalactite. Nothing else is revealed to you.

Samarkand: Look for any other runes or signs.
[2] You begin to search around the rune on the wall, looking for signs as to what it might be. As you inspect closer, you notice 5 handprints in an upside down arc on the rune. You get so excited that as you turn around to wave at the other adventurers, you hit your head with your buckler and gives yourself a nice bruise! Way to go! Luckily, everyone notices the handprints.

Tiruin: Remember how we got here.
[4] You massage your temples, trying to remember how you ended up in here. Every time you try to remember though, a giant figure pops into your brain. You can't make out any detail of him, yet you can see everything about him. You know nothing about him, but you also know everything about him. You don't want to get a headache, so you stop trying to remember.

Environment: The torch is almost completely burnt out now. The only thing that is keeping the room lit is Tiruin's Flitterfly - but even that isn't as bright as it should be. This room is not natural. Every adventurer has an overwhelming urge to put their palm against the rune. *Everyone will have to touch the rune next round, after doing your action*

--------
GreatWyrmGold: Holding a -large binder- in left hand. Holding a -green pen- in right hand. He has a -green rune indentation (pen ink on paper)- in his binder.

Caellath: Holding a -Shepherding staff- in right hand. Holding a -long-shafted Brazier- in left.

wolfchild: Standing on one leg with his right hand cupped around his ear. Has a -Composite Recurve Bow (20 arrows)- strung on back and a sheathed hunting knife in his pocket.

Samarkand: Holding a -Shortsword- in left hand. Holding a -Metal Buckler- in right hand. Bruised scalp.

Tiruin: Holding -Irod-shod- with right hand.
   Flitterfly: Flying around Tiruin.

--------
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:18:48 am by sakiskid »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He shrugs then pokes the rune once again with his sheperding staff. Poke-poke.

Action: use the rod to poke the rune once again (then put palm against it).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:23:18 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I'll do all the rolls tomorrow. I've also decided I'm not gonna make it look all fancy, because it's readable and good looking already right now, plus I'm doing most of my editing in notepad, so no need to make it all complicated. Peace out errbody, I'll roll tomorrow when I have time.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

Do a short dance while smiling smugly before touching the rune. I found the handprints after all. :)
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

So be off with ye custom names!
((NEVAR D:< ))

Tiruin nodded at the person nearest to her, and saw the same urge in his eyes-so she touched the rune. But not before touching the dripping water!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Calm myself, then touch the rune
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4