Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Arcane Etchings - Chapter 1: A Magical Story  (Read 4234 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Sorry about the names guys, it's hard for me to keep track because I am using your forum username to reference what items you are holding, your actions, etc. So be off with ye custom names!
Most of us didn't have them anyways.

Put my pen in my pocket and handle the handprint.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 2:
--------
Caellath: Use the rod to poke the rune once again (then put palm against it).
[1] Before placing your hand on the rune, you think it might be a good idea to try to siphon the power out of it again. You touch the rune with your staff. Power surges from the rune into your staff, which from there goes into your body. You start to glow a dim blue, and become so entranced by what is happening that you forget to take your staff off of the rune! You quickly remember this and take the staff off, but it is too late; half of it has been disentigrated. The rune is no longer glowing. You are now touching the rune.

Samarkand: Do a short dance while smiling smugly before touching the rune.
[6] You start to breakdance around the cave, around all the adventurers. You end up next to the rune and do a backflip to the standing position. You are now touching the rune.

Tiruin: Touch the dripping water.
[2] Managing to resist the urge to touch the rune for a moment, you turn to your right and extend your arm out to the dripping water. You catch some in your palm, and look at it. It's definately not water! As it starts to crawl up your arm, you shake it off, losing most of the moving liquid. Some of it managed to get in your clothes though. Gross. You are now touching the rune.

wolfchild: Calm myself, then touch the rune
[2] You attempt to calm yourself, but with the sounds of the dripping water and the urge to touch the rune, it is nearly impossible. You are now touching the rune.

GreatWyrmGold: Put my pen in my pocket and handle the handprint.
[N] You put the green pen in your pocket and reach out towards the rune. You are now touching the rune.

Environment: The instant GreatWyrmGold puts his hand on the rune, the adventurers teleport. It's a weird sensation, really. The adventurers can't feel anything, and it just seems as though they are disembodied minds floating around the Arcanosphere. It feels like forever, but in reality the exact second that they teleport, they end up in a large white dome. There are no visible light sources, yet there are no shadows either. The only object worth noticing is a large coffin in the middle of the room, at least 5 times taller than any human here. The adventurers are at a loss of what to do, when the coffin speaks.

"Adventurers. I have called you here for a very, very important task. So important is this task, that if it is not completed... the consequences are unfathomable. But enough chit-chat. Lets get down to business. Your mission is to retrieve the Arcane Magic imbued within 5 markings located randomly around the world. I see that Caellath here has already infused himself with one. With enough practice, Caellath, your newfound power will be your greatest ally."

"I'm going to assume you will accept your quest. You might be wondering why I'd assume that, but since your only other option is to be sent to limbo... well, that wouldn't be fun. Before you all embark on your journey, I will gift you each with a token that I see to best fit you."

"GreatWyrmGold; Take a bundle of my best magic scrolls. These will bend to your every command, at the mark of your pen. After all, the pen is mightier than the sword."

"Wolfchild; Have an Arrow of Changing. This arrow will never break, and will never become dull. By becoming one with your inner hunter, you will be able to communicate with the arrow itself, and transform it into a weapon of destruction."

"Caellath. I feel that because you have the Rune of Water inside your very soul, you are more than prepared for the journey."

"Samarkand, take my chainmail. This will no doubt protect you in battle. Don't be fooled by it's measly appearance though. At the most dire of times, impale yourself on your sword while wearing the chainmail. It might save your life."

"And finally, Tiruin. I see you are a tinkerer, just as I. Take one of my own inventions." He hands Tiruin a small bronze cube. It has gears all over the outside, with a keyhole on one of the faces. "If you are a true tinkerer, you will be able to unlock the secrets of this."

"And with that, dear adventurers, I am sending you to Ancient Cairo. Here you will find the Rune of Earth. No time for questions. BE OFF!"

The adventurers experience the same situation as before, teleporting into the sandy desert of Ancient Cairo. They end up in a small market with no walls or roof. Outside, there is a very large pyramid. The owner of the market stall shows no signs of even noticing the adventurers are there.

GreatWyrmGold: Holding a -large binder- in left hand. Holding a -green pen- in right pocket. He has a -green rune indentation (pen ink on paper)- in his binder. He has a bundle of 5 magical scrolls in his binder.

Caellath: Holding a -Burnt Shepherding staff- in right hand. Holding a -long-shafted Brazier- in left. Imbued with the Rune of Water.

wolfchild: Has a -Composite Recurve Bow- strung on back and a sheathed hunting knife in his pocket. There are 20 wooden arrows and 1 Arrow of Chanding in his quiver.

Samarkand: Holding a -Shortsword- in left hand. Holding a -Metal Buckler- in right hand. Wearing enchanted chainmail. Bruised scalp.

Tiruin: Holding -Irod-shod- with right hand. Holding a strange cube in left hahnd.
   Flitterfly: Flying around Tiruin.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

Attempt to recreate dancing miracle. Use this to get the shopkeeper's attention.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 04:02:58 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, here's me hoping the Rune of Water won't stay forever with me. I suppose the large pyramid is the best place to search for a Rune of Earth."

To the pyramid.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Interesting."

((Guessing that the other Runes are Fire, and either Metal and Wood or Air and Void.))

Approach the pyramid. Take notes on anything of note I see on the way.

((P.S. Can the rune indentation thing in my inventory be labeled as the Water Rune?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Two more rolls! How do you guys like your new items? I tried to think of some that would be tailored to fit each individual best

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the scrolls will be pretty neat. I'm not quite sure how they work, though.
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"Well, here's me hoping the Rune of Water won't stay forever with me. I suppose the large pyramid is the best place to search for a Rune of Earth."

To the pyramid.
Tiruin looks down at her clothing before remarking on that idea.

"This very much doesn't look like something from the rune of water, huh. And don't you think we need supplies? The. . .coffin-thing said Cairo. Cairo means Egypt. Which usually means desert. Which always means heated mornings, scorching afternoons, and blazingly cold nights."

She pouts.

"And...fine, you guys lead."

Take the last position in heading to said pyramid-inquire about safety precautions from the locals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We've got you, so we shouldn't need to worry about thirst. And, besides, the pyramid's right there, how l--dammit."
Sig

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

((I like the items, I need to find out EXACTLY what the arrow does but i guess that's what your going for))

Take a look around the area, looking for any trails, tracks or animal signs before moving towards the pyramid
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 3:
--------
Samarkand: Attempt to recreate dancing miracle. Use this to get the shopkeeper's attention.
[4] You start to recreate your breakdance session on the sand. After your backflip, you turn to the shopkeeper, who is still minding his own business. [Look down at Tiruins roll.] You are now standing in front of the scorpion, and behind Tiruin.

Caellath: To the pyramid.
[2] You start to head over to the pyramid, when a giant scorpion digs out of the ground! [3] The scorpion quickly realises the power within you though, and crawls back into the sand. When you reach the pyramid, you see nothing out of the ordinary. You do notice the entrance to the pyramid, and you start to head in. Once you walk in, there is a loud sound behind you, like rocks sliding against eachother. You quickly turn around, but are too late and the door is shut behind you. It is pitch black.

GreatWyrmGold: Approach the pyramid. Take notes on anything of note I see on the way.
[6] You shuffle in the sand towards the pyramid, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. You notice circular sinkholes located all around the pyramid, and doodle them onto your paper. When you arive at the pyramid, you realize that your notes start to glow! You curse under your breath when you examine the paper you drew it on. You were careless when reaching into your binder, and drew on one of your magical scrolls! It glows with a brown hue. You are now at the temple entrance.

wolfchild: Take a look around the area, looking for any trails, tracks or animal signs before moving towards the pyramid
[3] You notice that the guy behind the stall isn't going to respond to your actions any time soon, so you peer over the counter to see what he sells. All you can find are a bunch of scorpion-related items. Scorpion Poo, Scorpion flavored toast, scorpion necklaces. Anything and everything scorpion. Weirded out, you head towards the pyramid. You get to the pyramid without any trouble.

Tiruin: Take the last position in heading to said pyramid-inquire about safety precautions from the locals.
[1] You look around. The only 'local' You can spot is the man in the stall. You try to talk to him, but get no response. Turning around, you start to head towards the pyramid. Halfway there, the ground rumbled beneath you, and you realize you are standing on a sinkhole! You jump back just in time as a giant scorpion emerges out of the sandy depths below. You trip and fall backwards. Samarkand notices your immenent danger, and rushes in to help!

Scorpion: The scorpion lunges at Tiruin while he is on the ground, and [2] lands it's stinger right inside Tiruins lower abdomen! The scorpion withdraws it's stinger after the venom quickly squirts into Tiruin. Tiruin is now bleeding heavily, and is poisoned. The scorpion [6] notices Samarkand quickly approaching and [3] BARElY misses jabbing its stinger into him. If Tiruin is left unaided, he could very well die soon.

Environment: Things are starting to pick up pace, and it's now noon. Three of the adventurers are already at the pyramid, one of them being stuck inside! The other two adventurers are battling a giant scorpion halfway between the stall and the pyramid. The sun beats down on the four adventurers, it's direct sunlight making them hot and sweaty.

GreatWyrmGold: Holding a -large binder- in left hand. Holding a -green pen- in right pocket. He has a -green water rune sketch- in his binder. He has a bundle of 4 magical scrolls in his binder. Holding a -Sinkhole Scroll- in his right hand.

Caellath: Holding a -Burnt Shepherding staff- in right hand. Holding a -long-shafted Brazier- in left. Imbued with the Rune of Water. Blind from darkness.

wolfchild: Has a -Composite Recurve Bow- strung on back and a sheathed hunting knife in his pocket. There are 20 wooden arrows and 1 Arrow of Chanding in his quiver.

Samarkand: Holding a -Shortsword- in left hand. Holding a -Metal Buckler- in right hand. Wearing enchanted chainmail. Bruised scalp.

Tiruin: Holding -Irod-shod- with right hand. Holding a strange cube in left hand. Bleeding heavily from lower abdomen. Poisoned from scorpion [1].
   Flitterfly: In Tiruins pocket to avoid the heat.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Etchings - Chapter 1: A Magical Story
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 07:36:33 pm »

Look around the area near the pyramid, waiting for the others
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 07:38:11 pm »

Raise buckler and try to hack off a leg or the tail of the scorpion.
My Area

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2013, 07:41:16 pm »

Haha wolfchild, there are two people currently in need of help! But as you wish ;)

Also, it shouldn't to be hard to find out what each special item does after everyone uses it at least once - with the exception of Sams chainmail.

Sam, would you rather hack of the leg or the tail? OR BOTH?!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2013, 07:42:07 pm »

((If I'm not gonna get both, take off the tail))
My Area

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4