Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 856323 times)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #3255 on: December 14, 2018, 01:42:21 pm »

My prison is just my overflow hospital with sleeping spots between the beds, since I use the recruitment period to install all the relevant bionics for their eventual role. I've been meaning to try dosing them with yayo as well for the mood buff.

EDIT: Actually, has anyone tried making a drug-based colony? I mean making flake/yayo the primary source of positive moods.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 02:36:42 pm by Trekkin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: December 14, 2018, 09:36:51 pm »

"Primary"? It usually ends up the only such source in my colonies.
Yeah, I'm not great at this game. :P Actually I haven't played in quite a while, been thinking about firing it up again.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: December 14, 2018, 11:49:24 pm »

My prison is just my overflow hospital with sleeping spots between the beds, since I use the recruitment period to install all the relevant bionics for their eventual role. I've been meaning to try dosing them with yayo as well for the mood buff.

EDIT: Actually, has anyone tried making a drug-based colony? I mean making flake/yayo the primary source of positive moods.

Oh totally. I mean you eat through pawns with the whole brain damage thing but it's very doable.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: December 15, 2018, 12:02:47 am »

That was why I was thinking of flake and yayo specifically, since they only damage replaceable organs. I suspect tolerance would make the drug intake unprofitable to sustain at some point, though.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: December 15, 2018, 01:19:36 am »

I play modded so I don't know what's normal but "chemical damage" always takes out the brain for me.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: December 15, 2018, 01:49:36 am »

Interesting.  In vanilla, it should vary based on the drug: the two hard cocaine drugs attack the kidneys (chemical damage), smokeleaf the lungs (asthma and/or carcinoma), and go-juice and wake-up the brain (chemical damage).  Beer can cause both liver (cirrhosis and/or carcinoma) and brain (chemical damage) damage.  Psychoid pekoe doesn't have such an effect to my knowledge, though that may be more due to its low addictiveness making it difficult to build up a tolerance on it alone.  Luciferium also doesn't do this, but its withdrawal effects are to die for.

I haven't mucked about lately with vanilla or drugs lately, though, so it's partially outdated experience and partially the wiki.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 01:54:42 am by Culise »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: December 15, 2018, 06:42:52 am »

Huh, I coulda sworn I remembered colonists getting all sorts of nasty brain stuff from flake and yayo? It seemed kinda like something that came in one update, perhaps as a mild nerf to the awesomeness of drugs - previously it was pretty easy to just keep everyone feeling awesome with no real drawbacks unless supply ran low.

But again: I haven't played in quite some time so I may well be misremembering.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: December 15, 2018, 07:32:22 am »

Hey, do you still get a bad mood from harvesting organs if you do it in the brief period captured criminal/raider is "considered guilty"?
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: December 15, 2018, 07:59:26 am »

I don’t believe so, but I only did it the once, and it was the heart so I’m unsure if it counted as an execution.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: December 15, 2018, 08:10:25 am »

Hey, do you still get a bad mood from harvesting organs if you do it in the brief period captured criminal/raider is "considered guilty"?

Yes. As far as I know, the reduction in mood magnitude owing to guilt only relates to killing them.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: December 16, 2018, 12:10:55 pm »

Harvesting organs and selling slaves is always considered an atrocity by everyone who isn't a psychopath. I'm not certain if cannibals mind organ harvesting.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: December 16, 2018, 03:54:04 pm »

Harvesting organs and selling slaves is always considered an atrocity by everyone who isn't a psychopath. I'm not certain if cannibals mind organ harvesting.

I can confirm that they do. Psychopaths don't care, of course, and colonists with Bloodlust also won't mind the harvesting of prisoner organs.

Cannibal's effects are surprisingly narrow; they're immune to "butchered humanlike", corpse observation, and of course the cooking and eating of humanlikes, but beyond that they're normal.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: December 18, 2018, 06:14:24 pm »

Someone was talking about chemical damage here?
I can provide you with some.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #3268 on: December 19, 2018, 09:33:35 pm »

I've recently started playing a game of Rimworld. So far so good...

...Apart from a nearly lethal heatwave early on, a malaria outbreak which took two of my three colonists out of action for nearly a season (one of whom is my doctor and farmer and the other my hunter, and the remaining colonist couldn't farm, harvest or cook). Meanwhile all my crops were taken by blight, and toxic fallout was wiping out all creatures on the map. When that finally passed, it was late autumn and too cold to grow crops. I had literally just enough food to get an indoor grow zone up and running long enough for a crop harvest.

No one has died yet, so everything's going well so far. This was all Cassandra on Medium difficulty.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: December 20, 2018, 04:53:19 am »

This was all Cassandra on Medium difficulty.

"Uh, hey, Randy? I have to run to the ladies' room real quick, can you take over for a bit?"

"Sure, Cassandra, suuuure."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 280