Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854550 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #1815 on: September 28, 2016, 06:04:58 am »

There's sort of a hidden HP system. Do enough trauma to someone and they'll just keel over for seemingly no reason. It's been a long-standing issue.
Huh, interesting. That explains a few odd moments.

I ended up savescumming to avoid that death. The guy just distractedly rejected his girlfriend's marriage proposal whilst sitting on his ass watching TV. :P
His girlfriend's the same one who went on the berserk rampage I was talking about a few pages ago... I wouldn't be upsetting her if I were him.

In other, more troubling news, I just had a crash-landing. Not your usual sort, either.

My colony has survived some pretty nasty stuff, let's see if it manages to scrape through this situation as well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: September 28, 2016, 02:00:15 pm »

If you have CR installed just shotgun the heck out of them.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: September 28, 2016, 02:22:04 pm »

There's sort of a hidden HP system. Do enough trauma to someone and they'll just keel over for seemingly no reason. It's been a long-standing issue.

Doesn't seem to be so for mechs though, especially the worms. I've done enough damage that I couldn't be bothered scrolling through the list to see if I'd hit something critical, but it's damn satisfying to watch that melee damage accrue. I love watching my pawns beat people to death far more than getting a lucky headshot with a shortbow.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: September 28, 2016, 02:57:27 pm »

Is there any way to hunt absurdly large packs of animals?

I had a map with say 15-20 Ibex in a pack. I gathered 5 settlers to do the job (1 assault rifle, survival rifle, and then 3 lesser ranged weapons). Shot one and all 15 sought revenge which is way too many to ever have a chance of killing them before the skewer all of the hunters at once.

I get the revenge for a lot of animals and even packs of Muffalo and stuff, but it's weird that deer like animals are impossible to hunt because they'll stampede the hell out of your workers.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: September 28, 2016, 03:08:29 pm »

Is there any way to hunt absurdly large packs of animals?

I had a map with say 15-20 Ibex in a pack. I gathered 5 settlers to do the job (1 assault rifle, survival rifle, and then 3 lesser ranged weapons). Shot one and all 15 sought revenge which is way too many to ever have a chance of killing them before the skewer all of the hunters at once.

I get the revenge for a lot of animals and even packs of Muffalo and stuff, but it's weird that deer like animals are impossible to hunt because they'll stampede the hell out of your workers.

When they are asleep.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: September 28, 2016, 03:23:59 pm »

They wake up now to the sound of gunfire.
Nom nom nom

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: September 28, 2016, 06:49:57 pm »

More dakka?  If you can get a buncha miniguns...  At the least, weapons with burst shot.  Then set-up range and fire away.   Or don't mess with em.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: September 28, 2016, 06:52:19 pm »

Oddly enough, those super beavers that randomly appear don't care about me slaughtering their entire number one by one. Neither do regular animals, sometimes.

...Did I already post this? :p
Black lives matter.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: September 28, 2016, 10:54:21 pm »

Oddly enough, those super beavers that randomly appear don't care about me slaughtering their entire number one by one. Neither do regular animals, sometimes.

...Did I already post this? :p
It's random whether or not a group will go mad.  I've had some herds of muffalo permit me to execute them one at a time, and others that will go berserk at the first bullet.  I heard some speculation that the chance also went up in A15 compared to A14, though the absence of anything rigorous suggests that it may also just be a fluke due to unlucky rolls. 

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: September 28, 2016, 11:07:57 pm »

Boomrat invasion...  with lack of forsight, my wood stockpile was near the entrance area.  There went most if not all my wood.  The room was a 5k degree inferno...  for some odd reason though, it was contained and didn't spread into the rest of my base. 

Steel walls didn't catch fire once the fire contained itself...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: September 28, 2016, 11:16:19 pm »

Boomrat invasion...  with lack of forsight, my wood stockpile was near the entrance area.  There went most if not all my wood.  The room was a 5k degree inferno...  for some odd reason though, it was contained and didn't spread into the rest of my base. 

Steel walls didn't catch fire once the fire contained itself...
5000 degrees?! Holy shit dude, did the steel catch fire?!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: September 29, 2016, 10:02:58 am »

My geothermal thing did, but no, scrap metal/loose steel are immune to all sorts of damage.  No health bar.  As far as I can remember, collapsing roof is the only way to destroy such items. ...  At least I think I remember seeing it happen.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: September 29, 2016, 10:30:20 am »

so, random thing I just discovered, wargs are intelligent enough to play fetch. let's the breeding begin! but also I butchered all the huskies to tame the roaming wargs around.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: September 29, 2016, 12:01:02 pm »

In my farmstead community save, one of the families owned and operated a yorkshire terrier breeding operation... I had planned to sell them all immediately, but then they started imprinting and it was a done deal. Unfortunately, they like to "defend" their masters in combat, leading to wildly grisly deaths for the litter fuckers--including being turned into red mist by four members of the militia pumping shotgun shells down range.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 29, 2016, 12:24:50 pm »

If it was possible to make pets wear personal shields...
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 280