Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854410 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #1785 on: September 23, 2016, 10:17:33 am »

Its in vanilla.

Theres no megamodpack out yet due to lack of CCL being updated.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: September 23, 2016, 10:24:33 am »

Sorry for double post, but there is a total conversion Mars mod.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: September 23, 2016, 10:54:14 am »

Just spotted one of the many foxes the colony has sneaking in and eating his food as he slept. :))
A wild fox just attacked said fox kit, and managed to bite off all her legs before she could be rescued. :(
I thought the grizzly bears were the main ones I needed to watch out for, eating my alpacas all the damn time...

Edit: Ugh, what an idiot. It only just now occurred to me that you might be able to make furniture from different materials in the same way you do with walls and doors. Hopeless. I was wondering why wood was the only material for furniture.
Well, now I suppose I can cram a shitload more wealth into my rooms!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:00:03 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: September 23, 2016, 01:24:40 pm »

Sorry for double post, but there is a total conversion Mars mod.

That's really cool.

I wish someone did like a SpaceBase DF-9 mod (so basically a non-shit version of SBDF9 - I liked it more when it was a 2D demo). I mean complete with every type of room and facility, I think. I remember there was a space mod, but that's probably just RimWorld-in-Space.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: September 23, 2016, 02:01:47 pm »

Well, theres an SS13 mod, but I dont think it has things like atmosphere and the like.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: September 23, 2016, 09:58:43 pm »

Well, theres an SS13 mod, but I dont think it has things like atmosphere and the like.

When it comes to SS13 (SS13-themed mods included) and atmosphere, oftentimes the atmosphere fled out of a hull breach long, long ago.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Just to clarify, the image isn't expressing the idea that I believe what I said was hilarious, but was exactly what I did to my monitor (shit-eating grin, gunfingers), and I felt that needed expressing.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:27:33 pm by Man of Paper »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: September 23, 2016, 11:14:14 pm »

Well, they dont have everyone in firesuits or some form of RIG/hardsuit/spacesuit/voidsuit/softsuit/whatever new term for spacesuit some server has come up with, so the atmosphere cant have leaked yet.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: September 24, 2016, 07:21:22 am »

That uppity tribal chief we captured kept refusing to join us, so when his cellmate (the useless escape pod survivor I was hanging on to in the hopes of selling him to slavers) went berserk from the stress of imprisonment for the umpteenth time and was subsequently shotgunned to death I decided to leave the corpse there in the cell.

Now, after a few minor crises such as fire and food shortages which have kept everyone quite busy, I check back in on the prisoner to discover his decomposing dead cellmate half-eaten and himself feeling bad about both cannibalism and the rotting corpse in his vicinity. xD
Serves ya right, you ungrateful bastard. You could have joined at any time you pleased.   

Might turn off feeding for him, at least 'til there's nothing left of Pete. We need to conserve food, after all.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: September 24, 2016, 04:38:36 pm »

My current pet peeve: the game should treat predators hunting your colonists and/or animals as hostile. Right now if your guy runs to your base with a grizzly at his heels, turrets and conscripts ignore it untill you manually order it to be fired at.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: September 24, 2016, 04:55:08 pm »

Huh, I hadn't actually noticed that. I only have one currently-powered turret, but I could have sworn I saw someone attack a beastie that was savaging one of our pets... maybe it attacked them directly and I'm misremembering.

You know what bugs me? The lack of a 'hold fire' command for stationed people, that I'm aware of at least.
Had some irritating friendly fire incidents during a manhunter muffalo attack last night. My favourite colonist got his other foot shot off and is now hobbling around on double peg legs. >.>

Also, amusingly, shortly after that while a few people were still having their wounds treated, a boomalope went mad and decided to attack.
This is quite bad, obviously. I scrambled some shooters to the relevant sandbags and stacked up melee fighters behind them, hoping that this concentration of humans would lure the thing into the perfect spot to shoot it, but... I missed one. One colonist, the slave I bought years ago who recently began a love affair with some tribal I captured and recruited, was out at the tailoring bench making a shirt or something.

So the boomalope rushes her, and whilst she's a competent fighter armed with a spear I didn't want her killing the thing in melee and blowing herself up. So I change her standing orders to 'flee' and order two hunters to rush down there ready to shoot it.
One of those was her boyfriend, the tribal and my best hunter by virtue of having two functioning eyes.
He runs around the corner, blasts the thing straight away (from a considerable distance with his shotgun) and kills it in one shot before his beloved could escape its blast radius. I immediately ordered him to carry her to the hospital, and... that was where I left off playing last night/this morning, it still remains to be seen if she survives her injuries. :o

It was quite entertaining either way.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: September 24, 2016, 07:50:19 pm »

That is something CR adds in, but probably just because if you dont and use shotguns loaded with shot people will get hit by accident.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: September 24, 2016, 11:09:52 pm »

A little while ago fought off a large band of tribals with minimal casualties. Satisfying.
They were chasing the father of one of our colonists, the slave I bought in fact. Hope that doesn't make things awkward... she's just part of the family now, anyway, with a doting (probably) boyfriend and all the drugs she could possibly want. :P We managed to capture one of 'em alive, they're not good for much though. At least the other tribal, that chieftain, has one of his own to chat to for a while.

Just now, though, I had a notification about toxic fallout pop up. Oh shit. How bad is that? Do I -need- to keep everyone indoors, or can they just go about their business and tough it out? I guess I should probably set a new "STAY INSIDE" zone, the old one is incredibly outdated... probably from before most of the colony burnt down and was rebuilt, even.
Argh. So much stuff to be done, and so much walking outdoors required to do it all.
Perhaps this will inspire me to build covered walkways between all my buildings...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: September 25, 2016, 12:45:44 am »

Toxic buildup is BAD. Like, you can let people get a little bit, but it takes forever to get broken down, builds up quickly and causes Dementia at 40% buildup.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: September 25, 2016, 01:38:15 am »

I will say that it is impressive any location was able to last long enough to become lush and full of life... given the amount of disasters you get in this game that will just destroy a location.

Rimworld has a serious case of Superman's Vacation syndrome... a thing I just made up

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: September 25, 2016, 02:10:53 am »

Oh jeez, okay, well I quickly build roofs between the most important of my buildings and assigned everyone to stay beneath 'em.
Hopefully no-one's too messed up yet. Sounds nasty.

I will say that it is impressive any location was able to last long enough to become lush and full of life... given the amount of disasters you get in this game that will just destroy a location.

Rimworld has a serious case of Superman's Vacation syndrome... a thing I just made up
Haha, that's actually really clever. xD
But yeah, somehow my map hasn't been too badly destroyed. There are not-infrequent thunderstorms and flashstorms, some of them dry, but the unpopulated areas of map seem to be broken up by enough rocky ground that it never wipes out too much of them. And my colony is fairly sprawling, so obviously I rush to put out any troublesome fires in there.

Haven't seen any beavers for a long, long time, either. I guess they learned their lesson.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 280