Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44034 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive, Looking for Food [new additions go to waitlist]
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2013, 06:57:37 am »

Look for some sort of barrel to catch the rain water. If none spotted, find shelter from the storm.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2013, 09:43:11 am »

Find shelter, drink water from leaves or places where it falls and gathers

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2013, 03:06:37 pm »

Feed scapheapThen begin looking for food and water in the jungle

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2013, 03:28:15 pm »

Turn 3

Wake up and head for the claw spire.
(4) You wake up and set off towards the claw spire. You make good time and before long you see a cave at the base of the spire

Head off the beach and try to find a source of fresh water.  Failing that, try to catch/store the rainwater somehow.
(5) You manage to find a small stream, as well as a standing pool of water, within the jungle.

Attempt to use large leaves to catch water.
(4) You manage to find huge purple heart shaped leaves with green venation. You easily fashion one into a cup, which fills rapidly with water.

Get a quick drink, then start hunting for big game, and bring it down.
You take a drink from Harvey's leaf-cup.
(1) You set off again on the hunt, feeling more confident and aware of your surroundings this time. Not only do you find fresh tracks, but you also hear rustling up ahead. You decide to try to bring down the game without moving anymore and risking making noise in the underbrush. Nocking an arrow to the string, you lift your bow and shoot into the rustling bush, where you can see the vague outline of an animal. You hear a yelp which is quickly silence, and know you brought your prey down. But as you advance, shapes materialize out of the jungle. 5 small wolf-like creatures with mottled brown and green fur surround you.
[3+1 vs 5] Your hunter instinct is fast enough for you to loose an arrow at the nearest one, but the small target is moving far too fast and manages to give you a small scratch on your leg.

Follow the hunter quietly in case he needs help.
From following the hunter earlier, you are close enough to react to his being surrounded by the beasts, but you are also far enough off, and quiet enough, that you are unnoticed for now.
(4) You spot one that is far enough from the other that you can likely take it out quickly, and without great risk to yourself...
[3+1 vs 3] Dashing over to that lone wolf, you quickly slip a dagger into its back. You manage to dash far enough away that all of the remaining beasts are still focused on Rune.

Look for some sort of barrel to catch the rain water. If none spotted, find shelter from the storm.
(5) You find a mostly intact barrel and manage to dump out it's salty contents. It is quickly filling fresh water.
(5) Despite remaining on the beach, you manage to dig your feet in and do not feel the effects of the wind. As for the rain, it has a refreshing quality.
Find shelter, drink water from leaves or places where it falls and gathers
(2) You search for shelter but do not find anything more than the jungle to keep the wind and rain away.
(3) You manage to get a few refreshing sips of water where it has been collecting in some leaves.

Feed scapheapThen begin looking for food and water in the jungle
Scapheap returned to consciousness, but certainly thanks you for the service.
(4) You find a large group of mushrooms you think you remember are edible.

(4,5,6,1,3,1,4/10=2.4) Food is supplies are still not threatening yet. Especially not in light of the wolf-beast issue…(13.1)
(4) The storm lessens slightly the winds now are no longer enough to keep you off the beach, but the rain is starting to chill you. Shelter should be sought quickly
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2013, 03:32:23 pm »

Throw the bow to patrick, along with 2 arrows. Take out another arrow, hold it in my right hand and leave my left hand ready. Be ready to counter any attack from wolves. (Assuming I'm still in combat)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 06:42:20 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2013, 03:35:15 pm »

Pick out the pack Alpha then put it down with my knife and it's neck.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2013, 03:38:47 pm »

Begin constructing a shelter with driftwood

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2013, 03:40:33 pm »

Go back to the shore, looking for edible things on the way. Get inside any shelter that is done

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2013, 04:37:34 pm »

Pray and use my book for guidance on what to do.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2013, 05:06:50 pm »

Draw my letter opener and explore the cave.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2013, 06:40:03 pm »

Aid in the construction of shelters (gather rope/vines etc.)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2013, 07:33:05 pm »

Turn 4

Throw the bow to sam, along with 2 arrows. Take out another arrow, hold it in my right hand and leave my left hand ready. Be ready to counter any attack from wolves. (Assuming I'm still in combat)
You don't see a Sam nearby, but you do quickly toss your bow and two arrows to Harvey Bekter.
[6+1 vs 2] One of the wolves leaps at you, but this time you are prepared. You catch it's neck in the air with your left hand, and quickly pierce it's jugular with your right, knowing precisely where to strike from your years as a hunter. As you let it slip to the ground, you survey your three remaining opponents, feeling thoroughly like a bad ass.

Pick out the pack Alpha then put it down with my knife and it's neck.
[5+1 vs 1] You notice the largest of these small wolves is closest to you. As it watches is compatriot fall to Rune's arrow you jump on it's back and stab it's neck, severing it's spine. Rolling off of it, you stand next to Rune, ready to confront the final two beasts.
(6) You also catch Rune's bow during all of this agile fighting, though you aren't sure why he called you Sam when he threw it, or why he even threw it for that matter. Regardless, the entire display was impressive enough that your confidence has been boosted. (+1 to offense but -1 to defense for being cocky)

Begin constructing a shelter with driftwood
(2) You begin trying to build a small shelter, but quickly find that the wood is simply too uneven, and you have no sufficient means of fastening the boards together.

Go back to the shore, looking for edible things on the way. Get inside any shelter that is done
(5) You come upon the mushrooms that Alex Shater had discovered earlier, and confirm that they are edible. It's a small crop, but it's better than nothing. (+3 food)
As for shelter, the closest thing you can find is the cave that Kane Jericho is intent on exploring. You suppose it will do for now and approach the entrance.

Pray and use my book for guidance on what to do.
(5) You manage to communicate with your god unusually clearly. He tells you of a dark and foreboding place that your compatriots are approaching which could be transformed, both inside and out. He charges you with making it your home, as well as his.

Draw my letter opener and explore the cave.
You step into the cave and are amazed by the amount of light on the inside. Several types of luminescent vines seem to be growing along the walls. At the entrance you find a (3) small mammal which scurries away before you are able to see any distinguishing features. As you walk further you come upon a circular area with three other openings in its rough walls. Various small lizards scurry away, but nothing else of note seems to inhabit this area.

Aid in the construction of shelters (gather rope/vines etc.)
(6) You manage to gather a substantial pile of vines before Harold sees you and shouts that those are Spitting Twilights. You quickly cut off what vines you can carry using your belt knife and start running...
[1 vs 2] but not before some of the Twilights manage to send a volley your way. It is a rather clumsy volley, but your luck is terrible, and you are struck with a large glob in the back. Your clothing is beyond damage repair, and your back is badly blistering.

Spoiler: Party Status and Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2013, 07:39:32 pm »

Fling the arrow at the nearest wolf, and then finish it off.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2013, 07:45:08 pm »

Go outside and grab some wood from the wreckage. Craft a bowl

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2013, 08:29:07 pm »

Look for a dark place so I can follow my god's commands.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35