Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 55

Author Topic: Cookie Clicker!  (Read 135943 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cookie Clicker!
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2013, 08:16:18 am »

Hmm... well i have 50 of everything and all upgrades complete.

I think i "completed" the game.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2013, 08:26:29 am »

but do you have all the achievements

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2013, 08:34:26 am »

I like how the game is trying to tell you you're a horrible person in the mid-game.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2013, 08:37:13 am »

How, specifically? Are you talking about the news headlines and stuff?
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2013, 08:38:22 am »

How, specifically? Are you talking about the news headlines and stuff?

That, and the option to upgrade the factory with child labor.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2013, 09:38:56 am »

There is an achievement called Just Wrong.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

but do you have all the achievements
To get all the achievements you need 100 of each, except cursors (200) and grandmothers (128). Not to mention that at only 50 cursors you have 5 upgrades left on those alone.

there is no escape

The shitty thing is that golden cookies start to suck ass after you awake the grandmatriarchs :c
I dunno, the red cookies mostly hurt, but they have far stronger potential gains than the default golden cookies. The potential for huge gains seems to outweigh the likely losses, especially given the costs involved in getting rid of them again.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2013, 10:45:57 am »

It's rare to get something good from a red cookie, though. Even if the potential reward is massive, it's still a major risk.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2013, 11:31:45 am »

Did some quick maths on the red cookies vs gold cookies. There doesn't seem to be much in it at all. At least not averaged over a long time, which is what kinda matters in the late game. Over a few cookies you do expect to take a loss. Over time the greater chance of huge rewards more than makes up for this.

EDIT: Just checked and the fewer cookies you have (eg, immediately after making a big buy) the better reds are in comparison to golds. Golds do get an edge from spam clicking during bonuses when you have a lot of cookies lying around, but at such times it might be better to buy temporary elder pledges than to permanently end the wrath.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:37:26 am by palsch »

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2013, 11:49:33 am »

Huh. Looks like the site is flooded to death.
Around the time I made my previous post in this thread, which was at around 1:30am GMT-8 last night, there was a thread on 4chan's /b/ about Cookie Clicker and how the people in that thread were having fun with this addicting little game. About thirty minutes later I was unable to even reach the website, and as of 9:00am GMT-8 I am unable to even reach the website still. Now considering that 4chan is the largest English imageboard and the third largest English website with a large part of the traffic on said website being on /b/, this may be a good thing or a bad thing for Cookie Clicker.

- edit - Oh hey I can get back on the site again. I've got 55,832 cookies a second.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:52:50 am by MadMalkavian »
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2013, 11:53:13 am »

Especially since it looks like the whole thing's being hosted on one dude's private server, I doubt he expected it to blow up like this.

By the way, does anyone know if you really need to calm the grannies with pledges and stuff? Like, do they have any negative effect on gameplay, other than the creepy imagery?

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2013, 12:08:55 pm »

Especially since it looks like the whole thing's being hosted on one dude's private server, I doubt he expected it to blow up like this.

By the way, does anyone know if you really need to calm the grannies with pledges and stuff? Like, do they have any negative effect on gameplay, other than the creepy imagery?
Someone on 4chan was asking the exact same question in that Cookie Clicker thread last night. Now I'm really curious as to what these Elder Pledges do.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2013, 12:28:18 pm »

For now the only change is that you get red cookies instead of golden ones. This isn't really a bad thing.

I think more changes are planned though. In the original game elder pledges gave you a huge boost to clicking/cursors (150 cookies per click IIRC) while active.

...has anyone else gotten the "Uncanny Clicker" achievement? Or is it really that hard to get?

It's possible without using an autoclicker if you use multiple mouse buttons, but easier if you are willing to throw together an autohotkey script or similar.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2013, 12:49:22 pm »

For now the only change is that you get red cookies instead of golden ones. This isn't really a bad thing.

I think more changes are planned though. In the original game elder pledges gave you a huge boost to clicking/cursors (150 cookies per click IIRC) while active.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. Question though, around what time do you start seeing the option for Elder Pledges?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2013, 12:51:54 pm »

No, no. I got it just using two fingers on the same mouse button. I was asking if anyone else has gotten it.
I did!
It's FEF, not FEOF

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2013, 01:02:29 pm »

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. Question though, around what time do you start seeing the option for Elder Pledges?
After you get all the grandma upgrade (the one that gives you more cps for portals) you can buy an Elder Pledge and after that an Elder Covenant or something like that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 55