Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 55

Author Topic: Cookie Clicker!  (Read 135897 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cookie Clicker!
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2013, 01:03:33 pm »

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. Question though, around what time do you start seeing the option for Elder Pledges?

You have to have one of each type of granny (having 5 of each other item, then buying the upgrade that unlocks). That will unlock a bingo hall that researches further granny and total percentage upgrades. The last one unlocks the Grandmapocalypse. Once that's started you can take elder pledges to appease them for 30 minutes at a time, at exponentially raising costs (and achievements for having done so once and five times), or pay 6,666,666,666,666 to completely end their wrath. Another 6,666,666,666,666 will start it up again at that point.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2013, 01:14:47 pm »

I still kinda feel the cookies are rolling in pretty slowly, though that might be intentional. Even with 75 million CPS, it's taking a loooong time to afford anything, I don't even dare look at those upgrades with costs in the trillions.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2013, 01:25:51 pm »

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. Question though, around what time do you start seeing the option for Elder Pledges?

You have to have one of each type of granny (having 5 of each other item, then buying the upgrade that unlocks). That will unlock a bingo hall that researches further granny and total percentage upgrades. The last one unlocks the Grandmapocalypse. Once that's started you can take elder pledges to appease them for 30 minutes at a time, at exponentially raising costs (and achievements for having done so once and five times), or pay 6,666,666,666,666 to completely end their wrath. Another 6,666,666,666,666 will start it up again at that point.

What does the Grandmapocalypse entail? Something !!FUN!! right?
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2013, 01:27:46 pm »

Currently experimenting to find out......
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2013, 01:31:09 pm »

What does the Grandmapocalypse entail? Something !!FUN!! right?

It's a pretty meh creepypasta-like gimmick.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2013, 01:32:36 pm »

I've got all the upgrades, 400 million CPS and yet I still sit there and watch my cookies roll in.

WHY COOKIE CLICKER WHY ARE YOU SO ADDICTIVE?!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2013, 01:35:59 pm »

DAMN IT GAME, STOP SKINNER BOXING ME.

That has seriously been my response to this game. HEEEELP. D:

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2013, 01:49:39 pm »

Yeah, the slow cookies are kind of annoying - I have just under 99 million cps and it still seems really slow.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2013, 01:51:48 pm »

DAMN IT GAME, STOP SKINNER BOXING ME.

That has seriously been my response to this game. HEEEELP. D:
I've got all the upgrades, 400 million CPS and yet I still sit there and watch my cookies roll in.

WHY COOKIE CLICKER WHY ARE YOU SO ADDICTIVE?!

I guess I'm weird, then. Sure, it's been pretty cool for a while, but at a certain point the grindiness bored me out of the game.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2013, 02:24:37 pm »

My failure to appease the grandmatriarch has made the time machine operator's aversion to the future seem very reasonable.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2013, 02:57:50 pm »

Oh hey, I guess grandmas really are the answer.

Huh. I should have stocked up.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2013, 03:06:24 pm »

Yeah, the slow cookies are kind of annoying - I have just under 99 million cps and it still seems really slow.

I've got around 100,000 cookies per second and it seems very fast to me. Perhaps my perception of time is off or perhaps I pass the time by watching my heroine in Godville or by browsing forums and imageboards. I'm not all too certain as yesterday and the day before I thought it was Sunday and today I thought it was Monday.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2013, 03:15:37 pm »

I'm at the point where the next cheapest purchase is some 14.6 trillion cookies. It takes a couple minutes to build up enough for it. It's only going to get worse. Right now I make 4.5 billion cps, but that's because I just got a gold cookie. I'll go down a lot when the boost ends.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2013, 03:19:14 pm »

I've got around 100,000 cookies per second and it seems very fast to me. Perhaps my perception of time is off or perhaps I pass the time by watching my heroine in Godville or by browsing forums and imageboards. I'm not all too certain as yesterday and the day before I thought it was Sunday and today I thought it was Monday.

It starts to get slow once you're in the millions, sadly.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2013, 03:34:09 pm »

This game reminds me of a skit by SMBC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD69PAIqiYo

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 55