Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 55

Author Topic: Cookie Clicker!  (Read 135859 times)

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
Re: Cookie Clicker!
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 10:20:33 pm »

33 billion cookies

what now bitches

oh my god what is your secret.

grandmas. always the grandmas.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 10:49:51 pm »

Oh so this game is like Progress Quest or Godville and I don't have to actually click anything? Sign me up, barring of course the possibility that my steam-powered toaster cannot run this game.

- edit - Already at 25 cookies a second, but the game is making my computer overheat.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:01:25 pm by MadMalkavian »
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 11:10:39 pm »

Oh god this thing is so addictive.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 11:12:37 pm »

- edit - Already at 25 cookies a second, but the game is making my computer overheat.
Dude, I am so sorry for your loss.

On an unrelated note: 2,156 cookies per second!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 11:23:17 pm »

Dude, I am so sorry for your loss.

On an unrelated note: 2,156 cookies per second!

I can still play it but only for maybe twenty minutes at a time, more if I turn on the air conditioner and less if it's during the day.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 11:26:23 pm »

Does it save after you turn the computer off?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 11:36:50 pm »

This one doesn't have the same appeal to me that candy box and a dark room did. Might be something to do with the fact that it's very obvious that my investments aren't ever going to pay for themselves.
EDIT: That is, without idling for extremely long periods of time. Right now a cursor gives 0.8 cps, and costs 2642. That's almost an hour of sitting on my ass to wait for it to pay for itself.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:40:37 pm by frostshotgg »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 12:29:11 am »

Yeah, it scales up so hard that at some point it's not even worth buying upgrades.  Like, after five or ten minutes my portals were 90% of my total lifetime cookies
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 12:38:50 am »

This one doesn't have the same appeal to me that candy box and a dark room did. Might be something to do with the fact that it's very obvious that my investments aren't ever going to pay for themselves.
EDIT: That is, without idling for extremely long periods of time. Right now a cursor gives 0.8 cps, and costs 2642. That's almost an hour of sitting on my ass to wait for it to pay for itself.

It could be because the entire point of those games wasn't trying to get as much resources as possible... but rather how the gameplay expanded and expanded while still retaining its core gameplay.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 12:54:42 am »

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Right now all this is is a grind machine. Candy Box had small segments of repeating same task over and over but they never outstayed their welcome too long and varied some. This is just meh. It's grinding for grinding's sake.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 12:56:10 am »

I think that's the point, all his games are kind of weird, pointless experimental things.  Like nested
Shoes...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 12:57:32 am »

Yeah, costs increase exponentially, while growth is only linear. Upgrades and different building types increase the efficiency a bit, but you *will* need either let it idle for oodles of time at higher incomes (or watch it obsessively for hours on hours, but I think that's a rather bad time investment).
For instance for me right now now the cookies/second per cookie is over 40,000 (which means I need to wait 40,000 seconds to regain my investment), I could opt to wait for every single second in the window waiting to get a new cursor or whatever (which currently cost 77 billion each), or I can come back in the morning and buy a ton of upgrades.
Spoiler: ALL THE COOKIES (click to show/hide)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 03:44:05 am »

Is anyone else having problems accessing the site? I'm not even able to access the page and it just loads forever.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2013, 03:44:37 am »

I have more than 250 billion cps and currently about 7 trillion cookies.

Step up the cookie game, filthy peasants :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Azurestrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 03:50:14 am »

Well... I got really lucky early on, by nabbing The Lucky Cookie. I don't know how many times you're really supposed to be allowed to click on it, but I clicked on it each time it appeared 13 times.

Each time you click on it, you get a 6 added to the digit of cookies it rewards you

6,666,666,666,666 is almost incomprehensible even.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 55