Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134860 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

Imp
  Squill
  Rolepgeek -
  Superblackcat - Rolepgeek
  Mr.Zero
  Tiruin
  Darvi - Superblackcat, Tiruin

Not Voting: Darvi, Squill, Imp

Rolepgeek and Mr.Zero have asked for a replacement!

Extend - 2/3
Shorten - 0/4

Day ends in 1 hour
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Alarm bell tick.

What happens if the game is cancelled? Is it just "GAME OVER," or are all the roles and chats and whatnots revealed?

zombie urist, what's your decision about our game?  No matter what, someday its scumchat and deadchat are going open for all to view, right?  I'm really interested in their contents, even if this BM game goes the way of the few others which were simply stopped in the middle, their number reused a bit later with a new start.
All QT's will be available after the game.

QT's are quick topic private chats, that's 'where' scum chat and dead chat happens.

I don't have time to properly search atm (at work) but one previously canceled BM was 10; the mod accidentally gave a town cop player who inspected a Scum the identities of both Scum players.  In the case of that game it looks like 'it ended' was used.  A glance shows no QT links or role flips - though, the roles of both scum, confirmed by the mod, was discussed by all including the mod in the thread.

Squill or anyone still around, we've currently got 2 votes to extend.  Give us our third!  I've got to hear Tiruin's answer to this question, at very least -

Tiruin!  Sorry to be rude, maybe I'm not thinking straight.  I'm still concerned, but if this extend goes through, we've got time to talk about that later.

However!  Now you use your vote.  You 'cement' the lynch on Darvi-who-was-Griffinpup.

You offer no reasons and recently said you'd not caught up.  I suspect you read my posts a bit more than others', you've given me that feeling throughout.  I say in my post where I vote Darvi why I vote for him instead of Superblackcat, or leave the game with tied votes and hours to go.  But in that post I don't say that I think he's Scum; I say pretty clearly that I can't read him and why.

Why, why why, have you voted at this point for Darvi?  With all respect, and with no insult intended - if this is not Scum jumping on a bandwagon, giving absolutely no reason for it (and with, to my eyes, really murky reasons for voting for him PERIOD) with hours left on the clock in a heavily idle game, a stated not-caught up yet with reading situation....

If you are not Scum, then why the heck are you doing this?

Unvote.

I really, really want an extension now.  I'd still accept the game being canceled instead, but Tiruin's talking, and I'd like these answers before night takes us all.  Now I'm even more worried that a vote for Darvi is a vote for town.  I suspected Deathsword-now-Tiruin strongly, and I'm really curious about the reasonings going on in Tiruin's mind.

...So why did you vote Darvi in the first place?

At first glance-yea, it may seem like a bandwagon, and yea, it may also seem like its an easy-lynch move. I compared between the people going up for a lynch--SBC, IMO, isn't playing like naughty scummy scum is doing. He's being the newbie card role-distinct in my eye due to his wording. Comparing his early posts (in which I have lacking time to link and can only thank my typing speed for all this), he doesn't have that scummy vibe coming off him.

As for Darvi...I'm pretty unsure. While him and his predecessor, sans being an IC, have come off generally squeaky-I can not tell if the squeaky squeaks scum or town- the tells beyond him are generally vague, and despite his inconsistency (...I'm unsure but Darvi has a record, IMO, of net troubles[?]), I've found his posts mostly reasonable.

Compared to SBC--I'd like to give the little kitty a chance at this, despite recent behavior, and I would really much like Rolepgeek who is voting while in replacement to expound on his reason on SBC, as well as links to it.

To say bluntly, I'd rather have a lynch go off instead of a non-lynch. Reason being, a no-lynch at this kind of scenario (vague future) does not benefit the town at all. It gives a free night--sure, if we have an inspector (which should not be relied on-both in the BM setup or in any game setup), this would probably benefit--but in general cases, a lynch aids in focusing the angle of view. Lesser suspects.

Will the old dead people also have access to the new deadchat?  Should I end up dead before the end of the game, there's a few things I'd like to attempt to discuss with one or both of the old dead.
{From recent note in the deadchat, you'll love talking there (in the situation that you die-the chat is...more vibrant, really. Also yes, old dead people > new deadchat :D Yes this is my IC voice despite me saying it won't be used.}

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

A second day of debate passed. Names and accusations flew across the airspace. Eventually, the robots agreed. Darvi must have been one of those infected! ZOM-B pushes him towards the garbage compactor.

Once again, with a soft hiss the compactor opens and welcomes his latest guest. Darvi is stoic and he strolls in. The compactor emits another short hiss and the door closes.

The same ominous crunch is heard as Darvi's steel frame body is forced into a cube. ZOM-B retrieves his board.

Clean. No infections.

The rest of the robots quietly retreat back into the comforts of their charging docks.

Darvi has been lynched! He was a vanilla townie

================

Night 2 will end Tuesday October 29th 2013 at 9 PM
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:47:08 pm by zombie urist »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Night 2 - TWO REPLACEMENTS NEEDED
« Reply #378 on: October 29, 2013, 11:09:03 pm »

The robots awoke to a sad sight. Superblackcat's body was torn apart. A mass of wires protruded from his shell. This must be the work of evil mal-bots!

ZOM-B scans his remains. Turns out he was a janitor robot. The robots are more sad because now they have to clean up after themselves and robots aren't very good at that.

Everyone strengthens their resolve. They are determined to eliminate the threat.

superblackcat has been lynched! He was a town jailkeeper

bsnott has replaced Mr.Zero

Day 3 will end Friday November 1st at 9PM PST

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Day 3 - ONE REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #379 on: October 30, 2013, 09:19:55 pm »

Sad that noone is active at all, at least not yet. I'll ask for an extend, as I need more time to think things through and get my bearings in general, though preliminarily, I think it's extremely suspicious that Imp is still alive. And that neither of the night-kills have been of people he was claiming were scum, for that matter. Seems like he didn't want to prove himself wrong, so he could try to mislynch us.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 30, 2013, 11:43:30 pm »

Yeah no posts make me sad.  :'(

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 31, 2013, 01:02:34 am »

zombie.  I'm here.  All of my reasoning for why I want this game canceled, bad as it must seem to you, stands.  I'm not going to stop wanting this game stopped.  Inactivity and rule enforcement such as we've had, Town players are very close to shooting in the dark. 

Additionally, assuming you've posted of it when you've sent out prods, you've barely prodded at all.  Yet when I asked if a player needed to ask for prods to happen, you said only if you didn't notice.  Like I/we are supposed to read your mind or something?  And then when I next asked for a prod, after waiting through 4 weekdays of a olayer's inactivity, you said you'd give it another day.

One of our roles, though it's now dead, was idle for a week, active for a week, then idle for another full two weeks.  Prods didn't go out, rules about prods didn't get enforced, the rules about day and night lengths are just being ignored, even Tiruin who was said to be ineligible to replace is now playing.  You're our Mod.  I don't know who else to turn to.  If the right answer is ignore all these disregarded rules and play anyway, all I can say is I don't feel like my hands are being tied - I feel like they're being cut off in this game.  Rules are important to me, they're the structure of the game.  Though I'm not going to do so, I wasn't exactly joking when I said earlier that I was sorely tempted to make two posts for the express purpose of editing them to see if you'd enforce that rule at least.

No posts make you sad?  This -game- makes me sad.  The lack of rules upheld makes me sad.  I've learned a lot this game.  I'm glad for the knowledge.  I still love Mafia, but I feel this game is compromised.  I have no desire to finish it.  I feel like no one deserves to win this game.  I don't understand how to play under the circumstances this game has experienced.

Rolepgeek, Squill, Tiruin, bsnott.  If most or ideally all of you want to get in here and start talking, I'm listening.  Otherwise I've really got nothing left to give this broken remnant of a game.  I'm not going to chase active lurkers, look for inactive lurkers, or do anything else that seems to be a waste of time.  I feel the conditions within this game are and have been completely biased against any chance of a Town win and this has been allowed to continue throughout the game.

If pretty much all of you start actively playing, I will too.  Otherwise, I've already given this game all I had.  I've got words to speak to some of the dead; I'll say them when I die or when the game is over.  I'm very interested in seeing the roleflips and the contents of the private chats.  Otherwise this game itself is dead to me, I feel betrayed by it, and I'm done here.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 31, 2013, 05:12:51 am »

Crap, didn't notice this had started again; I was kinda busy yesterday. I'll get back to this after school.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 31, 2013, 10:24:30 am »

I suppose I'll go over the concerns in that WoT after game end.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 31, 2013, 09:12:57 pm »

Personally, I don't see how the rules have been broken. Not in a way that matters, at least. The game shouldn't end just because we're at a disadvantage. The game shouldn't end just because people aren't active. The mod not seeing prod requests isn't breaking a rule. The mod wanting to give a bit longer for prods to go out isn't breaking a rule. Day and night length rules certainly aren't being broken; there are mod-extends, and even if we didn't use the extensions, that doesn't mean rules were broken. It's not a hard set of rules. Rule-breaking typically means a Bastard game, and Beginner games will never be Bastards'. Don't rage-quit, just see it through to the end, Imp.

Yes, I'm voting you for now. It may change to Squill or Tiruin. Or bsnott, but he hasn't even done anything so I don't even. Reasons have been given this whole game, and even if you're deciding you've had enough(which could easily be a front, after all), you still aren't dead. Yet you're by far the most active player.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 31, 2013, 10:21:25 pm »

Crap, didn't notice this had started again; I was kinda busy yesterday. I'll get back to this after school.

Man you have long school days.  My sympathy.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 31, 2013, 11:09:28 pm »

~24 hours to day end

Imp - Rolepgeek
squill -
bsnott -
Rolepgeek -
Tiruin -

1 to extend, 2 needed
0 to shorten, 3 needed

bsnott and Tiruin have been prodded
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:28:11 pm by zombie urist »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 31, 2013, 11:26:23 pm »

zombie, how many would be needed to shorten?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 01, 2013, 12:05:11 am »

Oooh great, bad time for emotional breakdown + issues RL. PFP, apologies for being a shoddy IC and being away for ~2 days.

I'll get in a post soon. However:

This is the end stretch, everyone. LYLO - Lynch or Lose. If we don't lynch scum, we lose. If we do lynch scum-the day continues on.

Personally, I don't see how the rules have been broken. Not in a way that matters, at least. The game shouldn't end just because we're at a disadvantage. The game shouldn't end just because people aren't active. The mod not seeing prod requests isn't breaking a rule. The mod wanting to give a bit longer for prods to go out isn't breaking a rule. Day and night length rules certainly aren't being broken; there are mod-extends, and even if we didn't use the extensions, that doesn't mean rules were broken. It's not a hard set of rules. Rule-breaking typically means a Bastard game, and Beginner games will never be Bastards'. Don't rage-quit, just see it through to the end, Imp.

Yes, I'm voting you for now. It may change to Squill or Tiruin. Or bsnott, but he hasn't even done anything so I don't even. Reasons have been given this whole game, and even if you're deciding you've had enough(which could easily be a front, after all), you still aren't dead. Yet you're by far the most active player.
Yeah you're voting for her now. Why? Restate and summarize. What is the use of the bolded statement there to back up your vote on Imp?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 01, 2013, 12:53:10 am »

Oooh great, bad time for emotional breakdown + issues RL. PFP, apologies for being a shoddy IC and being away for ~2 days.

So far, you're the most active and arguably the best IC this game's seen.

Even with your absence, you're competing with Griffinpup who left the forums so never spoke in game, Darvi who played for a week, came back after a calendar week's absence to say 'whoops' (but not 'replace me'), then left us again the third week without even a whoops until a waste of a lynch ended that fantastic example of how to play; and Deathsword who regularly missed 2-3 days at a stretch and whose top absence spanned a full calendar week as well.  Compared to their activity levels, you're here full time.

I'm sorry you've been hurting and I'm glad you're back.  I hope you are okay.

...So why did you vote Darvi in the first place?

I explained that here.  If you desire other details, ask.

I believe that brings my answers to your questions up to date.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44