Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134760 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it's because I realized that we have two players dead, one asking for replacement and inactive, one asking for replacement and semi-active, and one mysteriously vanished.

Really, it's only me, Deathsword, SBC, and you.

This analysis makes sense.  You say you just realized it, which is what's different about today than yesterday.  What was your understanding yesterday?

As for Mr. Zero, I think that his request for replacement could very well be because he's a scum, new to the game, that couldn't take the pressure.

Your answer makes me feel really uncomfortable.  I'm trying to ask you about your overall impression of him, not just or only the most recent impressions you have floating somehow 'isolated in a moment of now-ness', which is what you're repeatedly offering me in place of an overall analysis.

None the less, now you're telling me you think he's cracking under the pressure of being Scum.  What pressure are you talking about?  Simply the pressure of having drawn a Scum role (if he did), or the pressure we other players are putting him under?  If it's the pressure others are placing on him, would you please link and or quote so I can understand what your reasoning is working on?

And why are you completely avoiding providing any further analysis of Deathsword?  Why are you avoiding offering any 'older than a few days' analysis at all so far, despite being specifically asked for overall considerations?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile

I think it's because I realized that we have two players dead, one asking for replacement and inactive, one asking for replacement and semi-active, and one mysteriously vanished.

Really, it's only me, Deathsword, SBC, and you.

This analysis makes sense.  You say you just realized it, which is what's different about today than yesterday.  What was your understanding yesterday?

Okay, first question: My understanding yesterday was basically the same, but it was between yesterday and that point that I really thought about it and realized there were only four active players. I was thinking about how inactive the game was, and how it shouldn't be possible for seven people to do that little. I just kinda mulled it over and realized that if we are going to get any information out of the day, we'd need more than half the players to be playing.

As for Mr. Zero, I think that his request for replacement could very well be because he's a scum, new to the game, that couldn't take the pressure.

Your answer makes me feel really uncomfortable.  I'm trying to ask you about your overall impression of him, not just or only the most recent impressions you have floating somehow 'isolated in a moment of now-ness', which is what you're repeatedly offering me in place of an overall analysis.

None the less, now you're telling me you think he's cracking under the pressure of being Scum.  What pressure are you talking about?  Simply the pressure of having drawn a Scum role (if he did), or the pressure we other players are putting him under?  If it's the pressure others are placing on him, would you please link and or quote so I can understand what your reasoning is working on?

And why are you completely avoiding providing any further analysis of Deathsword?  Why are you avoiding offering any 'older than a few days' analysis at all so far, despite being specifically asked for overall considerations?

I just went back and re-read all of Mr. Zero's posts using the lurker tracker. To me, it looks like he was always fairly reclusive and defensive, except for one front: Superblackcat. For whatever reason, Mr. Zero has been voting for SBC for pretty much the whole game, except to lynch kleril (which he tied SBC to anyways.). While I'm not entirely sure if that is considered "scummy," it is certainly bizarre, and not very helpful to town.

As for the pressure, I mean the pressure of being scum. The fact that people have voted for him throughout the game certainly wouldn't help.

As for Deathsword, what I said in this post still stands. My view on Deathsword (Who has been inactive for 56 hours) still stands, and as such I see no reason to post more.

But right now, I think I will unvote. With three, potentially four people inactive, I just can't feel comfortable in voting, as I know that I don't have the whole picture, or nearly as much as I should have.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Quote from: Imp link=topic=130600.msg4706785#msg4706785 dat=1382444784
Heya Rolepgeek! I've read your post. I wonder why you didn't answer any of my questions in your post.
That's the post I'm referring to here. Here's my responses.

0a. I didn't ask for an extension because I forgot to. I had been planning to whilst writing it up, but I didn't get to it before I'd posted, and didn't remember that I hadn't until it was too late. Or I thought it was. I will, however, ask for one now. In addition, when I say weekends, I include Fridays.

0b. I meant how other people had already discussed and commented on how he'd back stabbed Kleril. I felt no need to repeat what had already been said. You know, where he turned on Kleril pretty fast after it became clear people weren't happy at the buddying?

1. I feel like this has been discussed already. Answer: because it left the most people alive who were still pointing fingers. Other Answer: If Mr. Zero was right, in that the Perseus Nightkill was inherently confusing, then my comment about NKing to confuse people if I were mafia could be used against me to aim suspicion my way.

2. You responded to other posts and parts of that port where no direct questions were asked. He was calling you out on something and you did not reply to it when you referenced the post. Only part you didn't, in fact, if I remember correctly.

3. I'm seeing that when he does have time to post, he makes it count. I'm not referring to when he's simply giving IC advice, or telling us he can't post, but when he does get the time to truly post. At those times, it looks like he's giving good effort and looking for scum, from my little experience in the game.

4. Simple. Being confident is better than not, if nothing else, and I'm also fairly sure that confidence will help bring us to victory. Plus, my last game, I figured out who the scum was and we were slain by a misunderstanding. I doubt that'll happen this game.
Ehh, sorry, I've been really busy.

Extend

RPG: you are voting me for... being busy, while you have been trying to play and not play at the same time.

Can we get an mod extension untill atleast one of these people gets replaced? I don't want to die from two people who isn't even supposed to be playing anymore.
I'm voting you for not even attempting to scum hunt, busy or not. I've been trying to scum hunt, even if I don't feel I have enough time to do so as I would prefer.

And as I've said before, I'm going to play until I get replaced as best I can; it's just that that's not very good and I'd rather someone with more time take over if they could, as it would benefit us more.
@RPG: You have been one of the most consistently antagonistic players in this game. Why is that?

Aggressive is the name of the game. Team sport yes, as I've said, but I have to try and break you to see if you're a squishy scum or a shiny town inside, below the posting exterior. To do this, I go after whom I can. Without time, I am forced to react, rather than act, which is why (at least lately) I've been focused on Imp; he's been the most active, thus I have the most to respond to.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile

@Imp:

Scumhunting, in my opinion, is actively searching for scum. Then in between that and lurking, is pointing out scummy things, putting pressure(rarely) and kind of being there. Then there is lurking, where there is no activity.

RPG, What about me is scummy? You still haven't explained, well at least, What I understood is that I wasn't here, and you didn't like it. Continued to think I was lurking, and voted me. So if that's true, why have you not unvoted me.

Ok, Sorry, I want just reread your post, and saw you had more reason than that.

It's true that I have not actively pursued any person today. But that is basically because, out of the people that are active, (Imp, Squill, me and you) I don't want to vote Imp and Squill, because I don't think they are scummy. You are asking for a replacement, and I don't want your replacement to come here with votes that aren't his fault.

Darvi you said you forgot, by saying that, I assume you remember and don't have amnesia. (Correct me if I am wrong). Therefore, you should be here right? Except you have had no activity here, while having activity on the forum.

(If someone says something about the pot calling the kettle black or something) I have not even been able to come onto the forum, and the first thread I do check if I do come to the forum is this thread. I have posted everysingle time.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cross out the "want" In section 4.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

Day extended to Friday Oct 25 9PM

Both ICs have been prodded.  :-\
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Both ICs have been prodded.  :-\
*Ahem*
:P

Everyone's too busy I take it?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:25:30 am by Tiruin »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But right now, I think I will unvote. With three, potentially four people inactive, I just can't feel comfortable in voting, as I know that I don't have the whole picture, or nearly as much as I should have.

What do you envision or imagine happening, if this game continues to progress as it has been?  Assuming each player's play stays similar to how it's been, the requested replaces just don't appear as the days keep passing, and zombie urist doesn't step in to say 'enough, we are paused' or 'enough, game called on account of rain' - if we're left to muddle around in our own devices and all of us (except maybe you) play as we have been so far - what sorts of choices do you see yourself making?  I'd call your current strategy 'try to wait it out, can't get anything done as is'; is that an accurate assessment, and do you think you'd keep using this strategy as time passes without change?

@Imp:

Scumhunting, in my opinion, is actively searching for scum. Then in between that and lurking, is pointing out scummy things, putting pressure(rarely) and kind of being there. Then there is lurking, where there is no activity.

Neat.  Would you define active lurking, please?

Rolepgeek:  I hear you that I'm a good reaction target for you, I'm active and give you lots to grind up.  Think any Scum (even considering me Scum, there's at least one other) are using a lower level of activity to hide in general/hide from you?

Considering the state of this game, what do you think we should be doing, we as a group of players that contains both Scum and Town, with players running the gamut from high activity to high absence, what's a reasonable sort of 'plan to progress' with as is?
0b. I meant how other people had already discussed and commented on how he'd back stabbed Kleril. I felt no need to repeat what had already been said. You know, where he turned on Kleril pretty fast after it became clear people weren't happy at the buddying?

4. Simple. Being confident is better than not, if nothing else, and I'm also fairly sure that confidence will help bring us to victory. Plus, my last game, I figured out who the scum was and we were slain by a misunderstanding. I doubt that'll happen this game.

Who are your Scum picks now?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Unvote

Request replacement

I don't like having to do this, but I don't have much choice. I'll still try to give IC advice when needed until a replacement is found.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

FFFFUUUUUU!
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

'Red laser' marks emerge from the viewfinders on ZOM-B's hardware as the orb retreats into his secret compartment.

He levels the spectrometric level on a few to shift to the wavelength patterns of the sun at dusk.

A few of you are painted orange. Those found to be in need of rebooting.

The red light shines. Granted, its wavelength permits the lack of dispersion in the air, the more philosophical of you muse.

You feel a certain tension in the air. This is not a roguelike.

Imp -
  Squill
  Rolepgeek - Imp
  Superblackcat - Mr.Zero, Rolepgeek
  Mr.Zero
  Deathsword
  Darvi - Squill

Not Voting: Darvi, Superblackcat, Deathsword

Rolepgeek and DeathswordIC have asked for a replacement!

Extend - 0/3
Shorten - 0/4

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:19:23 pm by Tiruin »

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile

@RPG: You have been one of the most consistently antagonistic players in this game. Why is that?

Aggressive is the name of the game. Team sport yes, as I've said, but I have to try and break you to see if you're a squishy scum or a shiny town inside, below the posting exterior. To do this, I go after whom I can. Without time, I am forced to react, rather than act, which is why (at least lately) I've been focused on Imp; he's been the most active, thus I have the most to respond to.
There is a very distinct mark between aggressive and antagonistic. Imp is aggressive. You are antagonistic.

What do you envision or imagine happening, if this game continues to progress as it has been?  Assuming each player's play stays similar to how it's been, the requested replaces just don't appear as the days keep passing, and zombie urist doesn't step in to say 'enough, we are paused' or 'enough, game called on account of rain' - if we're left to muddle around in our own devices and all of us (except maybe you) play as we have been so far - what sorts of choices do you see yourself making?  I'd call your current strategy 'try to wait it out, can't get anything done as is'; is that an accurate assessment, and do you think you'd keep using this strategy as time passes without change?
I was thinking that if nobody is replaced when this extension ends, we should stop delaying and play the damn game.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tried to say this earlier in a PM to Tiruin, but I don't get to PM that player anymore for a bit; so saying it here.

Our recent vote count and day end is a bit borked; I believe it should look like this:

Imp
  Squill
  Rolepgeek - Imp
  Superblackcat - Mr.Zero, Rolepgeek
  Mr.Zero
  Deathsword
  Darvi - Superblackcat

Not Voting: Darvi, Deathsword, Squill

Rolepgeek and DeathswordIC have asked for a replacement!

Extend - 0/3
Shorten - 0/4

Today will end on Friday, October 25nd at 9pm PST

zombie urist, what's your decision about our game?  No matter what, someday its scumchat and deadchat are going open for all to view, right?  I'm really interested in their contents, even if this BM game goes the way of the few others which were simply stopped in the middle, their number reused a bit later with a new start.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MrZero Also asked for a replacement if irc.

Can we put this game on hold until people can play? Currently 3 players are active.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ayep! I totally messed up Deathsword's vote! D:
zombie urist, what's your decision about our game?  No matter what, someday its scumchat and deadchat are going open for all to view, right?  I'm really interested in their contents, even if this BM game goes the way of the few others which were simply stopped in the middle, their number reused a bit later with a new start.
The scumchat and deadchat will be open for all to view post-game. That happens in every every every game. All quicktopic topics (or team chats) made by the mod will be revealed--if you choose to make your own quicktopic for your own notes and/or talking, then it. . .is mostly generally accepted, provided that..well, its mostly for your own talking and such.

MrZero Also asked for a replacement if irc.

Can we put this game on hold until people can play? Currently 3 players are active.
Do you hear, do you hear,
the call of man's fear?
The stalling, the waiting,
the idle in the night.

This reminds me of the time wherein most people asked for a replacement and few volunteered to replace in. It was a bad time.  :-\

Also heads up-given that the deadchat I know is mostly dead, I'm being requested in for a replacement of DEATHSWORD.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44