Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: ☼Ruthless☼ - MasterworkDF Tutorial Fort - V.3h  (Read 7519 times)

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Ruthless☼ - MasterworkDF Tutorial Fort - V.3h
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2013, 10:00:13 pm »

we've got a new version out so maybe?

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2013, 03:33:55 am »

Arise, thread! Ye have been so helpful to me!
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2013, 04:37:36 pm »

I got a lot of work cut out for me, both RL and for the GUI update. I still got the save... I could upload it and let another player continue, if you guys like. This fort is pretty low priority for me atm. (I also have the fault of losing interest of a fort when a newer mod-version exists)

If there is interest, I can make posts for the rest of the first year and let someone else continue.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2013, 04:49:35 pm »

I got a lot of work cut out for me, both RL and for the GUI update. I still got the save... I could upload it and let another player continue, if you guys like. This fort is pretty low priority for me atm. (I also have the fault of losing interest of a fort when a newer mod-version exists)

If there is interest, I can make posts for the rest of the first year and let someone else continue.

And thus, the curse of Meph struck again.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2013, 04:56:28 pm »

I was very much enjoying your explanation play-through.  As good as the documentation is with MDF, the few times I tried to play things seemed a bit too different.  If you or someone else can continue the playthrough, I'll keep reading it :).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2013, 07:10:29 am »

SANDSTONE - Mid-Autumn

First thing this month is our first mood. The Lord of Gamers decided it is time to become very secretive and seek out a workshop...

Well, the table will get a nice spot in the Expedition Leaders study. Will make him happy for once.

We finished a few sets of wooden furniture for the dining room, made more flux, discovered the ability to forge rocks into weapons and armor, while still lacking the blueprints. The architect is really slow. In the meantime our farmer made a new field for prickleberries. Just in case. We cant use it yet, but its ready for spring.

Big group of migrants... 7 adults and 3 kids. One good fighter among them, one weirdo of the fishers guild, an ashkin-weaponsmith (yeah), and two masons/engravers and 2 chemists.

Research is really resulting in.. results. Like, practical ones, the Rockforge and the Alchemists Lab. Cant wait to build them.

The last thing we do this month is build some stables. While this is kind of useless, since we dont have any grazers, it prepares us for getting some. And its dirt cheap, only costing 5 blocks to build. Maybe, once we have new tuskoxen, we can really use it.

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2013, 03:21:34 pm »

You ended the world history prematurely did you not? With the history seed set as it is, a dark drow fortress spawns where you've embarked.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2013, 03:44:58 pm »

World is 25 years old. I usually play >100 year worlds.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2013, 05:51:58 pm »

I like the stable.  Would be useful in my current fort.

Nitpicking:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2013, 06:11:20 pm »

More nitpicking, I'm afraid: "Thoroughly" is misspelled as "Throughfully"
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2013, 07:10:05 pm »

Timelessbob: Where, also in the announcements? (these typos are so hard to catch for me, because they are not tags/tokens, and cause no errorlogs/bugs)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2013, 12:15:16 am »

I've done freelance editing work before, Meph.  Want me to go through your latest version's text files and correct things?  (I'd have each instance that was corrected in a separate file, for you to add or not, as you liked)

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2013, 05:58:08 am »

Hehe, Jimboo did the same a few versions back... I certainly dont mind the extra help, but would probably be the best if you guys dont do the same thing twice. It has been a while since I heard from him, he is busy with RL.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2013, 07:55:44 am »

I know there's a thread for bug reports, but just giving a heads-up here, it's "Magnum Opus" and not Magnus Opum"  ;)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2013, 08:24:32 am »

Thanks, Meph - I'll shoot him a PM and see what he intends to do first.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6