Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: [FEF] MGs in the Tower of Horrors (OOC/Discussion) [With Glacial Speed]  (Read 23760 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Heh, that One Eyed skill sounds alright to me. I'll take that one.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

I could give suggestions, but something tells me Irony might not be too happy about that XD
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Just to point out, I'm pretty sure there's a number of first-time FErs here. Myself included.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Then welcome! Be glad that you aren't going up against Haspen as a GM. The guy is BRUTAL, but oh so fun when he fails his rolls and we get to laugh/sigh in relief.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile

Name: Luke.       
Battle Name: Cold Fist
Physical Description: Very tall, about 6 foot 6, and is very skinny with a black mullet.
Mental Description: Is very kind, and hates oranges
Equipment Description:Is wearing a cheap suit, with the tie all messed up. And jackboots.

Class: Swordsman Trainee

HP 20(50%)
Str 4 (30%)
Def 2 (30%)
Skl 5 (60%)
Spd 4 (40%)
Mag 1 (40%)
Res 2 (20%)
Luk 2 (30%)

CON 4
AID
MOV 4

Inventory
-Slim Sword (Thrust E), RNG 1, MT 3, WT 2, CR 10, Hit 100

Slim Sword
AT: 7
Hit: 111
AS: 0
Eva: 2
CR: 12
DG: 2

Character Skill: Adept
Personal Skill: Hive Mind:When next to two or more allies, +2 damage.
Personal Fault: Can't think for himself:When not within any 2 spaces of other PC's or Allies, -2 to dodge.

Affinity:Cheap suits
Theme: Stupidity
Finished my sheet. Also, how many people before the game starts?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:47:40 pm by Lukeinator »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

This really makes me cringe.

We're waiting on me to get everything together, though, not on players. Should probably change title but I want to lure more people in.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

We're waiting on me to get everything together, though, not on players. Should probably change title but I want to lure more people in.

This is going to be the most dysfunctional coven of magical girls ever, isn't it?
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RotMG
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile

This is going to be the most dysfunctional coven of magical girls ever, isn't it?
Those are the best kind.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] Magical Girls in the Tower of Horrors (OOC/Discussion) [It Has Begun]
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2013, 04:52:09 am »

Alright, so I'm gonna need you guys' input for this.

Originally, I was planning on getting rid of FEF's partial turn thingy. I figured the game would probably go at least twice as fast if turns didn't run until everyone had posted, at which point they ran all at once.

However, it then occurred to me that this would make the game considerably less predictable, since you couldn't rely on anything happening or not happening. If you really need an enemy dead, for instance, you can try attacking them one at a time under normal FEF conventions. That's pretty slow, but it does help you live more. Under this system, you'd have to either pray it worked or overkill just in case.

So, I'm basically trying to balance game health with player character health. Given that you guys depend on both, I figured it was only fair to ask your opinions on it.

In less universal news:
Personal Skill: When attacking enemies with more than 6 mag, It does +2 damage
Personal Fault: When not within any 2 spaces of other PC's or Allies, -2 to dodge.
I was so distracted cringing at your character concepts that I forgot to look at your skills.

For starters, it's more flavorful and lets us know more what you're going for if you name them.

Secondly, I have issues with your personal skill's scaling. Very early on it's not going to trigger on anything; later it'll trigger against anything that isn't 100% physical based. Better defining what exactly it's supposed to be would help, but generally speaking I think it'd need some kind of formula to trigger only off genuinely very high-MAG targets, since otherwise it's equivalent to a bonus against three-four classes and their promotions at the least.

Your personal fault is... interesting. I'm honestly not sure how to weight Dodge, though I guess since it comes from Luck and only Luck it's comparable to damage. So I guess that'll work.

Finally, you forgot to distribute your four bonus points. You get four points to put into your stats at char creation. Anything except MOV can be increased.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2013, 06:27:22 am »

Why not let us do conditionals--"Attack X, or one of the Y's if X is dead".
Sig

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile

Name: Luke.       
Battle Name: Cold Fist
Physical Description: Very tall, about 6 foot 6, and is very skinny with a black mullet.
Mental Description: Is very kind, and hates oranges
Equipment Description:Is wearing a cheap suit, with the tie all messed up. And jackboots.

Class: Swordsman Trainee

HP 20(50%)
Str 4 (30%)
Def 2 (30%)
Skl 5 (60%)
Spd 4 (40%)
Mag 1 (40%)
Res 2 (20%)
Luk 2 (30%)

CON 4
AID
MOV 4

Inventory
-Slim Sword (Thrust E), RNG 1, MT 3, WT 2, CR 10, Hit 100

Slim Sword
AT: 7
Hit: 111
AS: 0
Eva: 2
CR: 12
DG: 2

Character Skill: Adept
Personal Skill: Hive Mind:When next to two or more allies, +2 damage.
Personal Fault: Can't think for himself:When not within any 2 spaces of other PC's or Allies, -2 to dodge.

Fixed ma sheet. And I Just noticed, there is one person who is 5'8" One who is 5'4" and one who is 6'6". The heights are totally equal.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:45:51 pm by Lukeinator »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2013, 09:34:12 pm »

Where did you guys get the awesome character portraits and can I get one? Or two?
Sig

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2013, 12:01:47 am »

We take the mugshots from Fire Emblem 6-8 and edit them until they fit our satisfaction. You can find them at the spriters resource and a couple other sites.
It's FEF, not FEOF

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2013, 02:02:57 am »

Would anyone be willing to do them for those of us who don't know how?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10