Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: [FEF] MGs in the Tower of Horrors (OOC/Discussion) [With Glacial Speed]  (Read 23747 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Alright...I thought I got 5 points, but that's easy enough to fix. -1 Spd. Done.

Now for the Skill...it's a unique thingy I make? Any guidelines suggested somewhere? Ideas on what sorts of things it would be? I'm considering something fencing-related, but past that...I dunno.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Alright...I thought I got 5 points, but that's easy enough to fix. -1 Spd. Done.

Now for the Skill...it's a unique thingy I make? Any guidelines suggested somewhere? Ideas on what sorts of things it would be? I'm considering something fencing-related, but past that...I dunno.

Well, it's in the manual, but yeah it's 100% custom.

For fencing, I'd go with a stance thing, and have it be that if she takes <50% of her move she gets a bonus to attack and/or defense, but if she uses her full move she loses it?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

The skill has some guidelines sections under the personal skill section in the handbook I think. It has lists of activating conditions, such as: When you've used all your MOV, When you are within 3 spaces of allies, when you are fighting (first class) and their promotions, etc.

Then, an effect, such as +2 to DEF, +50% to support bonuses, +10 hit and evade, etc.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

He means Character skills. He's already got his Personal Skill and Fault.

They're listed in the book at the beginning of the Skills section, and under the Character Skills spoiler in the OP. By default they're not custom at all, though I suppose you could try for one.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a suggestion on where to put the rules link: Anywhere not in a spoiler. Thank you for listening.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

ooooh. Derp. Yeah. OP for those.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Um...Charisma, I guess? Maybe Fortune?
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

HP 17 (30%)
Str 2 (30%)
Def 0 (30%)
Skl 4 (50%)
Spd 4 (40%)
Mag 8 (100%)
Res 3 (30%)
Luk 2 (20%)
Not sure if the GM changed the rule, but in the 1.22 rulebook, min of 40% for HP(10% for others bar either mag or str depending on class which can be 0%) and a max of 70% for any stat bar HP. So mag and Hp are wrong. Don't hate me.

I have to clap for the PS and PF.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Actually that's one rule she specifically repealed.

No mins or maxes. Or statcaps.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Okay.

So yeah I expect Setsuna to die rather quickly what with her relatively low HP and the fact that she damages herself whenever she moves <____< at least she gets MAG for it?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sucky when it comes to personal skills and faults in FEF... Anyone got any ideas that could fit?

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile

Name: Luke.       
Battle Name: Cold Fist
Physical Description: Very tall, about 6 foot 6, and is very skinny with a black mullet.
Mental Description: Is very kind, and hates oranges
Equipment Description:Is wearing a cheap suit, with the tie all messed up. And jackboots.

Class: Swordsman Trainee

HP 18 (50%)
Str 4 (30%)
Def 2 (30%)
Skl 5 (60%)
Spd 4 (40%)
Mag 1 (40%)
Res 0 (20%)
Luk 2 (30%)

CON 4
AID
MOV 4

Inventory
-Slim Sword (Thrust E), RNG 1, MT 3, WT 2, CR 10, Hit 100

Slim Sword
AT: 7
Hit: 111
AS: 0
Eva: 2
CR: 12
DG: 2

Character Skill: Adept
Personal Skill: When attacking enemies with more than 6 mag, It does +2 damage
Personal Fault: When not near any other PC's or Allies, -2 to dodge.

Affinity:Cheap suits
Theme: Stupidity
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:45:20 am by Lukeinator »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sucky when it comes to personal skills and faults in FEF... Anyone got any ideas that could fit?
Fault: One eyed: when fighting archers or their promotions, -15 to eva.
Poor control: When under 50% health, -15 to hit.
Frail: when fighting bandits or their promotions, -2 to def
Skill: Not so stoic: If an ally is killed, heal all on this unit(HP and status) and add +1 to all(eight) stats for the rest of the fight(can stack)(possible OP).
Iron will: when fighting a shaman or their promotions, +2 to Res
Actually petty funny:when above 50% health, +50% to support bonuses(whatever their may be).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:11:57 am by scapheap »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Um...Charisma, I guess? Maybe Fortune?
Both are definitely solid skills. Your luck progression is pretty good, though, and since Luck reduces your odds of being crit Fortune is probably less useful for you than it would be for most people.

On the other hand, your defensive stats are all really low, so you certainly can't afford to take much of a crit.

Equipment Description:Is wearing a cheap suit, with the tie all messed up. And jackboots.

Affinity:Cheap suits
This is... a bit strange.

Fault: One eyed: when fighting archers or their promotions, -15 to eva.
Heh, I especially like this one.

Skill: Not so stoic: If an ally is killed, heal all on this unit(HP and status) and add +1 to all(eight) stats for the rest of the fight(can stack)(possible OP).
I wouldn't worry about on-death skills being OP. I don't doubt they can be, but you're gonna have to try pretty hard to make something overpowered that only triggers on an ally permanently dying on you.

Actually petty funny:when above 50% health, +50% to support bonuses(whatever their may be).
This probably wouldn't work because of the way support bonuses work. Which I do apologize for keeping all mysterious and all, but which I don't think would have impacted your decisionmaking too much.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10