Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333818 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #3195 on: January 24, 2015, 07:35:16 pm »

Leo looked up when Alec greeted him.

"You're not the first to have that reaction. It seems most of my friends are disappointed I have short hair. I haven't seen Julius yet; I suppose he cut his hair too then."

Leo picked the rock back up since it had bounced back to him and chucked it at the wall again. Alec made a comment about it, and the saint returned his attention to the bard.

"What current predicament? That I'm an idiot who can't stop saying the wrong thing to his female friends? Because that one looks like it's going to be unsolvable."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: January 24, 2015, 07:47:12 pm »

Alec walked over to the wall that Leo was throwing rocks at and leaned right on it.
: "Unsolvable is just a word. A word that comes up when you're trying to sew cloth with a hammer. Sift through the dust a little, you'll find the tool you need to do what you set your mind to." The bard chuckled to himself.
: "Let me ask you something." Alec crossed his arms, "How long have you known miss sea-legs? Given how you were mercenaries together I'd say it was quite a while."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: January 24, 2015, 07:52:31 pm »

"...I don't know. Less than a year, but more than six months. It's been awhile since we started traveling together."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: January 24, 2015, 07:58:56 pm »

Long finished tending to his horse, Miguel was gearing back up and heading back into the castle proper through the servant corridors. By chance, his path crossed that of Sheila's as he was nearing his chambers. He hailed her down with a welcoming smile.

: "Greetings and salutations my young friend. What brings you down this way?"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: January 24, 2015, 08:01:44 pm »

: "Heh, long enough to forget the details? That could be interesting."
: "How about this- with how much you've talked to her, could you hazard a guess as to what drives her? What do you think makes her get up in the morning to do god-knows-how-much fighting and mercenary work you've all been doing?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: January 24, 2015, 08:07:07 pm »

"That's easy to answer. She's looking for her father, a pirate captain. That's why when I was given a choice by Matilda's father, I chose this mission for us, on the off-chance that we might encounter him in the sea or at port."

Leo looked at Alec.

"Why?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: January 24, 2015, 08:29:28 pm »

Alec looked a little dumbstruck.
: "Her father's a pirate cap-?"
The bard immediately shook his head even more vigorously.
: "No-no-no, Alec, that's irrelevant." He muttered to himself before continuing.
: "Alright, sure. She's looking for her father, but that's not much of an end. What does she plan to do beyond that? Spend the rest of her life under her father's thumb traveling the high seas or whatnot?"
: "The point I'm getting to, mop-top, is that it's worth it to consider that she might not just be aiming at that alone. Finding her father might be her immediate goal, but she might also have a thought in the back of her head that she's looking for someone that could support her further than that. Not only that, but support can go way past just knowing someone's got your back. Hell, someone could need a certain person to stand foremost in their thoughts, someone they can be close enough to so that they'll always be there, physically or not. Something like that, definitely, is a treasure a good number of people would chase to the ends of the earth for."
: "And I think a certain someone has demonstrated a rather unique gift in the desire-to-help-others department. Enough to convince miss sea-legs that she'd want to be much, much closer to them. Get it?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: January 24, 2015, 08:38:49 pm »

Leo's reaction may not have been the one Alec was looking for or expecting.

"Pffffft! Haha! Are you, are you seriously suggesting she wants to marry me?"

The saint scoffed and continued to laugh quietly to himself for a bit.

"Oh, I didn't realize you were a jester, Alec. Imagine a woman like Sheila, who loves the open seas and freedom, wanting to be tied down with someone as caught up in rules and propriety as me."

After a moment, he sighed.

"I will admit that perhaps, to use common vernacular, she has 'a crush' on me. But I know I'd only end up disappointing her in the end. If I've hurt her, it's for her own good."

"Hopefully she comes to see that in time."

He didn't sound like he entirely believed it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: January 24, 2015, 08:44:41 pm »

[Flashback]

"Regular saint then, huh?" The historian joked, but then smiled and adopted a more serious stance. "From the sounds of it, you've helped a lot of people. Can't say the church life is much for me, personally, but its hard to not respect what they do to try and fix this world. Must seem impossible at times I bet, takes someone strong to carry on." It was hard not to sound a little proud of his brother. Not that he tried much.

Shifting gears to a different question, Fezz continued as something prior said registered. "You mentioned something earlier, about feeling various emotions with little cause. ...You too?" The scholar was confused, not sure what to make of this news. "I've... Never really mentioned this to anyone, but there would be moments where I would just... Feel something that I couldn't quite explain. A calm or peace or happiness when nothing really warranted it. I've never really known what to make of it."

"Have you heard of anything that might be a cause? I've never spoke of this to anyone since it didn't seem harmful, but you have it worse than I." The scholar sounded worried.

Fezz's cheeks rosined slightly as Grifen complimented him. Before he could say anything, his cheeks turned a bright red as she kissed him. His mind went to fuzz, taken aback. "I-uhm-uh... N-no problem."

Regaining his faculties, the historian had a grin on his face as Grifen did. "I... I'm only as strong as those around me. Without you or everyone else, I wouldn't be able to stand on my own."

Moving back to the subject at hand, the historian nodded. "Sure, I'll help. Hopefully the others are up and awake already."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: January 24, 2015, 08:49:33 pm »

"If I had to guess, I would say it's because we're twins? I've never heard of such a thing before - emotions of one affecting the other, that is - but given that we're both magically inclined, perhaps that has something to do with it."

"I imagine that those moments you felt were times when I was meditating. I tend to do that a lot."

The saint folded his arms behind his back.

"I imagine a life exploring old ruins must have been exciting, if the tales are true. Are there really undead and traps in some of them?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: January 24, 2015, 08:52:38 pm »

Alec ran his hand through his hair and sighed.
: "Please. You didn't exactly sound like you knew her two sentences ago."
Alec's tone picked up pace.
: "There's your problem. You're mentally putting words in her mouth. I may not know the all-mighty power of the divine or whatnot, but I don't think a lone man who opts so simmer in a hallway throwing rocks at a wall can one-hundred-percent determine what another's thinking through intuition alone."
: "All I'm saying is: consider the possibility. No-one knows until they try to find out. No-one. She might have been trying this entire time. If, and only if, you continue to assume that she's mistaken, then the answer's going to be a one-hundred-percent 'No', and both of you will be left to wonder what could have been."
: "And believe me when I say: The worst thing you can do to yourself, or anyone else really, is leave things like an unfinished book." Alec finished and quietly eloped off to his room.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: January 24, 2015, 09:01:40 pm »

"...Before you go, Matilda wants us all in the audience room soon."

Leo watched Alec walk off, then picked up the rock and pinged it off the wall again.

Well, what does he know, anyway? He's only been with us since we started this mission for the rebellion and has kept mostly to himself. I'm right on this, I know it. Sheila deserves someone better than me.

He flung the rock one last time as hard as he could and got to his feet.

Sheila came to get me, we told Efa, Alec knows, Grifen is getting Fezz. Candy hasn't been seen. I suppose that leaves only Julius and Miguel.

The saint stalked off toward Julius's room in a dark mood. He knocked heavily on the door.

"Julius, are you awake in there?"

After a minute, it became apparent he wasn't. Then Leo remembered Sheila had said she'd already gotten him.

"Great, I'm just wasting my time here..."

He turned and began to walk toward the audience chamber, noting Sheila and Miguel at the far end of one hallway as he went. He decided now wasn't the time and continued on his way until he got to his destination. Once inside, he found the nearest unoccupied wall and leaned against it, frowning and waiting.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:15:41 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: January 24, 2015, 09:11:11 pm »

Grifen giggled when the scholar stuttered, feeling a bit silly, but sobered up as Fezz continued to speak.

: "I know exactly what ya mean. Seems like when we're workin' together we can do stuff we'd never be able to do on our own. Anyway, let's get a move on." The nomad opened the door completely and stepped into the hallway, beckoning Fezz to join her.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: January 24, 2015, 09:20:10 pm »

Efa took the Orion's Bolt from her pocket and looked at it as she walked. ...and, coincidentally, she chanced upon Grifen (and Fezz) as she did so.
:"Oh, hey Grifen. How exactly do I use this thing?"
She waved the Orion's Bolt aloft.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: January 24, 2015, 09:22:30 pm »

Julius was grumpily leaning against the opposite wall and gave Leo a short nod.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 510