Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333000 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1680 on: February 25, 2014, 09:40:54 am »

Sheila nodded. "Of course! I'll introduce him to all of my friends. And I suppose some of the other people who got roped into this with us. 'Cept you know who."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: February 25, 2014, 11:09:55 am »

"I understand."

"He must be an interesting person. Have any stories about him?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: February 25, 2014, 11:20:08 am »

Sheila started to fiddle with her hands a bit. "Uh, well, a lot of the stories about my dad need... Context. Otherwise they kind of make him look bad."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: February 25, 2014, 11:30:07 am »

"I see. Well, if you're uncomfortable talking about it, I won't press you... but I would like to hear about him someday, if that's all right."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: February 25, 2014, 11:34:08 am »

"Oh, yeah, definitely! Just... When we have a little more time to kill. I don't want you to get the wrong idea about him by telling you bits and pieces, that's all."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: February 25, 2014, 11:38:03 am »

Leo nodded.

"That's true. We probably don't have much more time before we have to get ready to head out with Lady Matilda."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: February 26, 2014, 01:29:31 am »

@Grifen

"Ah, hm, no, I'm afraid I can't quite say I have." The thought of beating the others to the castle and being on a galloping horse didn't seem to actually cross until now for the scholar.

"Well, there were a few times with bandits... But I suppose that doesn't count if one's in a wagon while the horses are galloping, does it? There's always time for firsts however, and one never can get better without practice I've always heard."

The historian did rather well in blocking out the mental images of him falling off the horse and hitting the ground face first, he must say. Sadly that did little to dissuade the acknowledgement of the possibility. The fact that he would be riding with a skilled herbalist does rather help with the possibility of broken bones however. Besides, he took a bolt to the gut, he can take a fall off a horse! Probably.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: February 26, 2014, 01:36:57 am »

Grifen could hear the hesitation. Heck, you'd have to be deaf to not hear it!

: "Well, we should probably save that sorta thing for emergencies, or at least until ya have fewer saddle sores. We'll go at a nice trot instead; its still way faster than folks can walk on foot, so we oughta be able to beat the others."

: "Ya remember how to hold on, right? Time to do it again!"

Once Fezz was properly secured, she kicked Bree's flanks lightly, and with a snap of the reins the horse set off at a brisk pace.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: February 26, 2014, 11:29:39 pm »

"...once or twice. Maybe a few more."

"So er... how did you end up here?"

: "Me? Circumstance mostly. Though I'm wishing I didn't ever since I heard we're off to Kretos for some dragon-forsaken reason..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: February 27, 2014, 11:12:21 pm »

Fezz tried to keep the relief out of his face at the mention of not going at a gallop, but instead a brisk trot.

"I quite appreciate the compromise."

Following Grifen onto the horse and getting situated, the historian tried to calm his nerves as he nodded at the green-haired archer's words, holding onto her shoulders for support. The scholar had an initial jolt at the start of the trot but started calming down before too long, becoming slightly more used to the pace with each trod of the horse's pace.

Fezz even started watching the surroundings pass as the two moved on. This... Wasn't so bad, once you start getting the hang of it. As they started to close in on the keep however, thoughts that were shoved into a dark corner of the mage's mind started to resurface. This whole situation with the rebels, the revolution, their sword-point initiation...

"You know... This is pretty fun, I really should of tried something like this sooner."

Reality can catch up on its own.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: February 28, 2014, 12:05:07 am »

((my imagehost is having issues, so no mugshots))

Grifen laughed, happy that Fezz seemed to be having a good time.

"Ya shoulda asked, silly! There's plenty'a riders that'll teach ya the basics...even if its just so they can show off later."

As they rode down the trail leading towards the keep, Grifen found her thoughts unknowingly mirroring Fezz's. This whole forced recruitment thing stank worse than an outhouse. She didn't care for it, and she fleetingly imagined running away. She had some gold, a fast horse. She could make it. And if it didn't mean abandoning Fezz, Sheila, Leo, and the rest she might have given it a shot.

"So uh, what's the deal with the book ya picked out? Is it magic?"

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: February 28, 2014, 05:06:02 pm »

"...once or twice. Maybe a few more."

"So er... how did you end up here?"

: "Me? Circumstance mostly. Though I'm wishing I didn't ever since I heard we're off to Kretos for some dragon-forsaken reason..."

Julius felt a kneejerk reaction to defend his homeland at the masked girls words.

"Hey Kretos isn't entirely all that ba-"

Julius stopped and realized what he was saying.

"Okay, it actually is. Worse even. I should know considering that it's where I grew up."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: February 28, 2014, 10:04:11 pm »

"Suppose I just always had other things on my mind, I can't say it really occurred to me. You'd think it would, with all the traveling, but a cart just tended to work well. Hard to lug a trunk on a horse too, I suppose. Or, at least I think. I suppose that doesn't matter anymore after that blasted merchant ran off with it though..."

The scholar grumbled under his breath at remembering the merchant, happy only in that the merchant doesn't have the three keys necessary to opening it. A scholar must protect his work! That... Tends to be hard when one doesn't have it, however. Shrugging off the idle thought, Fezz addressed the next question.

"The book? Oh yes, it's quite magical I assure you. During our first brief visit I managed to look at it and it seemed to be of similar type to the 'photon' book I obtained earlier, but seemed more potent, and the writings and theorem more complex. The book I read, as enlightening as it was, was simply introductory! I can barely wait to crack it open and put a wrinkle in the spine!"

"I... Will make sure to force myself to put it down and get some sleep, however." The historian quickly amended.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: February 28, 2014, 10:29:56 pm »

: "Ya better! Even if we ain't going to a play or whatever, sleep is important to yer health, Fezz! Didja know that after only a few days without sleep ya start seein' and hearin' things that ain't there? Preacher will back me up on this, it ain't healthy to stay awake fer too long."

She wasn't really angry, not any more. This was more of a scolding, like ma would do when Grifen would run around in the rain without protection.

: "Aw, that's enough lecturin' fer now. So what do ya know about where we're going next? Kretos or whatever it was."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: February 28, 2014, 11:40:21 pm »

"I will, I promise. I can't just act like I'm on my own when I'm not."

It was true, whether he liked it or not he was on a team now and he has to act beyond his own perspective. That's not to say he doesn't like who he's with, quite the contrary, but the circumstances he could live without. Speaking of circumstances...

"Its Kretos, yes. I heard a few things about it, it even has a saying about it although I still can't quite recall what exactly it was. Something about a pauper... But frankly, little I heard was good. They have good, cheap iron but, according to the rumors, absolutely abysmal living conditions. ...Perhaps why its cheap."

"But this is all hearsay and rumors I've heard in taverns and the like, I've never actually been there. I assume the coastal towns are well developed, considering their reputation as shipwrights, and most likely riddled with mines because of their iron. But that's all I know that I would trust with any certainty without going there and seeing for myself."
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 510