Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333127 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1470 on: January 17, 2014, 08:13:41 pm »

After the conversation with Fezz and Grifen ends

After brushing off Creidhne and ensuring he had a fresh supply of water and fodder, Tacey went into town to search out the various shops recommended by Sara.

Check prices and availability for lances and swords at the Singing Spear, Dervish, and weaponsmith's guild

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: January 17, 2014, 08:29:24 pm »

Back at the yard

: "And ya know what? I bet the four of us will make a pretty darn good team too. Ain't much can stop a coupla Masallan girls like us...long as we got backup, anyway." She extended a hand to shake with the older woman.

After that

Grifen rode over to where Fezz was standing.

: "So whatcha up to? Need to do some shopping? Bree and I would be happy to give ya a lift."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: January 17, 2014, 08:43:16 pm »

After an imperceptible pause, Tacey took the offered hand, giving Grifen a firm handshake. 

"Aye, that we'll be for sure."  Tacey looked up at the sun, slowly tracing a course across the sky. "Ah.  It's been fun, but I better take care of Creidhne here, then head into town.  Need to do at least a bit of shoppin' to equip myself right."  She patted the coin purse, which clinked audibly. 

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: January 17, 2014, 09:30:03 pm »

Fezz was wiping sod off of him that he had garnered from the stop of the speeding horses a short distance from him. He fought back a yawn when Grifen approached, failing to suppress it and instead just lessen.

"Well, my original plan was to go celebrate a bit." The scholar paused for a moment.

"...But it would probably be wiser to spend the coin on something useful. Maybe some medicine or possibly more spells." He relented.

"I should have enough for both though, I think. I'd quite appreciate a ride, yes. You have any plans to acquire something in the town?"

While asking his question, the scholar studied the saddle for a bit before awkwardly shambling onto the horse behind Grifen. It was quite apparent the mage doesn't ride much.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:32:56 pm by Xanmyral »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: January 17, 2014, 09:37:25 pm »

Grifen shrugged.
: "Nah, not really, but somethin' might catch my eye. I just wanted to talk for a bit and I figger we can kill two rabbits with one arrow, to put it cole-o-quill-y." Grifen seemed inordinately proud to have remembered the word Fezz had used once before. She offered her good arm to the mage. "C'mon up, she don't bite."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: January 17, 2014, 10:45:02 pm »

The scholar accepted the help happily, and with it he shambled onto the horse behind her. It was quite evident the historian wasn't exactly skilled when it came to horses.

"Sounds fair to me, places like these always tend to have something that will catch people's eyes. Finding it tends to be the harder bit, but we can't find it if we don't search. Can't say I know where to start, but the road leading in should be as good a place as any." Fezz readied himself for when the horse was going to move, to avoid being startled by it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: January 17, 2014, 11:36:15 pm »

With a gentle nudge to the flanks, Bree began walking down the road towards the market. Not much faster than a person could walk, to be honest, but Grifen didn't want to throw the poor man off with a trot or a full-on gallop.

: "Since Bree don't use a saddle or them stirrup things, ya gotta use your knees mostly to stay up. Don't need to use much pressure at these speeds. And if ya feel yer about to fall off, go ahead and hold onto my shoulders. Don't worry, I don't bite either."

As the two (plus horse) approached the market, Grifen began looking at the different stores.

: "So what sorta book did Tacey give ya? Something about ancient ruins and treasure?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: January 18, 2014, 12:09:03 am »

The scholar nodded at the rider's instructions, focusing on keeping balanced even at the slow amble of the horse.

"No, not quite sadly, but it was something just as..." The man's tired mind grasped for the right term before settling on what he used last time: "enlightening. It was a book on magic, 'light' magic specifically. It was utterly revolutionary on how I looked at things!"

The man's source of unbridled happiness this morning seemed to have been touched on as his words tumbled excited out of his mouth.

"I can't believe I actually worked it as long as I did prior, now it's just mind boggling that I could of even bothered with such a crude medium! Its like discovering I was walking around looking at everything with just one eye, and seeing with both was just as easy as opening the other almost."

"Like--Like... Imagine if your arrows were weighted down with rocks. And you still had to hit targets with them. Nonono--Like if you were using your arrows to hit something that would then weigh your arrow with rocks and then you had to hit them with it! It seems like that's what I've been doing all this time; I almost can't even believe it, haha."

"Now instead, I just hit them with the arrow, no funny business or rings of metaphorical and or quite possibly literal fire to jump through!"

"Er... Sorry, didn't mean to go on like that. You can probably see why I didn't sleep now." Fezz coughed awkwardly into his gloved hand, going silent.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 18, 2014, 12:24:23 am »

Grifen listened to the somewhat long-winded explanation, then turned around to give the man a sideways look. After a long moment, she said:

: "Fezz, I feel no shame in saying that ya lost me. Again."

She then smiled and turned her attention back to the road.

: "Still, I guess the important thing is that ya understood it. And it sounds like a pretty big deal! It's just...not something I get, is all. Lotta things I don't get, so no surprise there. But from the sounds of it yer gonna be using a different kinda magic now, right?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: January 18, 2014, 05:24:57 am »

See what I can get for selling the swords in my possession. Then go check other shops that sell swords and see what they have.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 19, 2014, 07:14:49 am »

@Tacey:

Singing Spear:

Winged Lance: 600
Axereaver: 900
Killer Lance: 1050
Iron Pilum: 300
Short Spear: 500
Steel Pilum: 550
Glaive: 700

Dervish:

Scimitar: 450
Killing Edge: 1100
Cutlass: 650
Slim Sword: 240
Iron Rapier: 280
Armorslayer: 750
Lancereaver: 800

Weaponsmith's Guild

Steel Axe: 320
Poleaxe: 350
Hammer: 350
Steel Club: 320
Steel Mace: 440
Short Axe: 350
Francisca: 400
Steel Hand: 440
---
Steel Sword: 320
Scimitar: 360
Steel Rapier: 340
Long Sword: 440
Steel Blade: 360
Armorslayer: 420
Steel Knife: 320
---
Steel Lance: 300
Steel Javelin: 360
Heavy Spear: 400
Steel Halberd: 360

@Sheila:

The boarding axe was in Sheila's hands.

@Roderic:

"Sorry sir, but due to our contract with Kretos suppliers, we can't buy your swords." Said the clerk at weaponsmith's guild.

Roderic found that only "Dervish" sold swords as well. THe merchant behind the desk hummed, looking the swords over.

"These are thin blades, eh? I could give you one hundred for this slim sword, and that magical poking stick... I say two hundred."

@Leo:

There was an apothecary that dealt in medicine only, and a small shop run by young cleric - she offered simple healing powders as well as staves.

Apothecary:

Vulnerary: 300
Antidote: 150
Concoction: 780
Pure Water: 660
Muscle Drink: 200 Gold //(+5 STR for 5 turns)
Mind Drink: 250 Gold //(+5 MAG for 5 turns)

Cleric's supplies:

Vulnerary: 300
Heal: 350
Antidote (staff): 250
Mend (1): 900
Soothe (1): 700
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: January 19, 2014, 11:02:29 am »

Candy, meanwhile, was performing a dance in town next to a little change-carrying top hat. However, the man whom he stole the hat from walked by, punched Candy in the face, and took all the change with his hat.

: "Aaaaawwwww."

@Apothecary

Candy walked into the shop and looked at the medicines.

: "Hi! I will buy a Vulnerary for my friends if that is okay."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: January 19, 2014, 01:03:23 pm »

Sell both swords, then go back to the weapon guild and buy a steel rapier and a longsword.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: January 19, 2014, 01:27:12 pm »

Leo sighed. There really wasn't anything he wanted or needed. He would just hold onto his gold for now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: January 19, 2014, 05:39:55 pm »

"Thanks again for spotting me the rest of the cash for this axe, Leo. This should come in handy."
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 510