Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333131 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1455 on: January 17, 2014, 08:47:01 am »

Sheila openly gaped at the seafarer's weapons. "Oh wow... But I'm a little short. Can you hold one of those for me? I'm gonna see if I can shake a bit more out of our leader." Without waiting for an answer, Sheila rushed out the door, heading back to the castle. Leo should still be there, right?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 17, 2014, 10:29:04 am »

:"Ah... damn."
Sighing, Efa wandered back to the castle area. Wasn't much for her to do, she guessed.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 17, 2014, 10:37:17 am »

The straightaway after the second turn was the longest in the yard. Where some other horses might slow down slightly to conserve energy, Bree had it to spare. More importantly, Grifen had severely underestimated Creidhne's speed once the big horse got moving; if she wanted a chance at winning, she'd have to make Tacey and Creidhne work hard for every inch of lead.

: Well, if I had any reason to doubt they were from Masalla, it'd be gone now! Plus she's got experience on her side. Come on Bree, you can do it!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 17, 2014, 10:53:31 am »

OOC: I just looked at the margins of success, too; Grifen won the second roll by 5, and Tacey won the second one by 2, so Grifen got the commanding lead.  ^_^

The straightaway was long and wide, and Creidhne's powerful stride gradually began to close the gap, but Grifen and Bree had gotten too far ahead after the second turn.  Even though the two managed to catch back up with and even pass their opponents on the broad straight, they couldn't take enough of a lead before the third and final turn.  A sharp jog onto a short straightaway back towards where Fezz waited, Creidhne had to slow down again to get through it, and Bree caught up again.  In the end, even with the gap closed, Bree managed to pass Fezz just a neck ahead of Creidhne.  With a slight nudge of her feet, Tacey signaled Creidhne to slow down to a light trot, coming back around to where Grifen and Bree waited. 

"Not bad, there.  Ya ride real well."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 17, 2014, 11:31:49 am »

The thrill of competition was enough to put a huge smile on Grifen's face, and she giggled at Tacey's words.

: "Thanks, Tacey. Yer really good, too! Heck, if the track had been just a bit longer you woulda passed me fer sure!"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: January 17, 2014, 12:16:50 pm »

Tacey smiled genuinely at Grifen's infectious laughter. 

"Could well be, but ya knew 'xactly how to take advantage of the track to get the most outta yer horse.  You'n Bree make a great team, like me and Creidhne here."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 17, 2014, 02:54:40 pm »

Sara sighed, before responding to Leo
: "I can promise I won't start anything. All I can do. Well, I should go find the boss and go keep an eye on her. A handful of trouble she is..."

Sara said, before she straightened herself out, and left the room, looking for Matilda in the castle.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: January 17, 2014, 03:04:46 pm »

@Leo:

"I do hope that once more, we will be lucky. I will talk with Duke that you won't be joining him. Unless you have a request or a question, you might go."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 17, 2014, 03:36:34 pm »

DUKE

"None that I can think of, your grace. I'll tell the others of our next destination."

Leo inclined his head respectfully, then left.

SARA

"Oh, yes, about that. We're tasked with accompanying her to Kretos, so she might be preparing for the trip. Good luck finding her,"

"And thank you. I appreciate it."

Leo felt some progress had been made, and not just on his end. Smiling to himself, he wandered off to look for the others and see what sort of mischief they were up to.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 17, 2014, 05:45:16 pm »

By luck or fate, Sheila found Leo just after re-entering the castle. "Hey, Leo, I found some seriously nice equipment, but I'm one-twenty short. Can you help me out?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: January 17, 2014, 05:54:08 pm »

Leo, lost in thought, almost bumped into Sheila. It was only because she spoke in time that he didn't.

"Hmm? Oh, yes, of course. Here you go."

Leo dug the requested 120 coins out of his pouch.

"Did you see a staff shop, by any chance? I was thinking of looking around."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: January 17, 2014, 06:03:52 pm »

"YEEE-ESS!" Sheila snatched the coins and did a fist-pump. "Aw yeah, I'm gonna be the most dangerous woman to ever sail the sea!" Leo's question filtered in about then. "Wait, huh? Uh, no, I don't think I saw one. But once I get what I need, I can help you look, if you want."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: January 17, 2014, 06:31:57 pm »

"OK. I'll walk with you."

Leo fell into step beside Sheila as easily as he normally did, although he seemed a bit distracted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 17, 2014, 06:49:18 pm »

"Okay, great!" Sheila strutted on down back to the weaponsmith's guild. In her giddy pre-purchase state, she didn't notice Leo's pre-occupied nature.

Buy Boarding Axe!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: January 17, 2014, 07:25:16 pm »

Leo looks for shops that might be selling staves or other sundries while following Sheila back to the weapon shop.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 510