Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: ~ Lost - (OOC Thread) ~  (Read 9034 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: ~ Lost - (OOC Thread) ~
« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2013, 03:02:04 pm »

Intelligent enough to make and use weaponry and language :L. If monkeys can count, I'm sure gobbos can too.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2013, 03:03:06 pm »

It was an example, Bekter has no idea who you are or what kind of person you are other then you have no problem killing things. Besides which he's not going to trust anything anybody in the group says because you could be lying through your teeth for all he knows, much the same way he doesn't expect any of you to believe each other or him either.

Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2013, 03:15:34 pm »

all your character can tell is that she is a warrior, has a sense of honour, enjoys combat, and carries a great shame.
All of that has been present within her dialogue, in plain view for your character to pick up on. Assuming everyone is lying about everything is going to make things very annoying. You know she's also got demon blood because she transforms into a goddamn fox. What motivation has she got for lying? Oh, no, she might encourage you to cooperate. You can say you're rping your character, but try not to make him as thick as a post. The simplest solution is typically the best: Why is everyone lying? They aren't, because they've got no reason to. They're in the same solution: it's pretty obvious none of the group have the capabilities to do something like this.

If we're going off impressions, your character made the worst: all we know is that you have no problem killing things, you'll take all the things you can without regard to others, you'reunfriendly and uncooperative, you have demon blood (which seems near reviled and mistrusted, suggesting there's reasons for this) and you eat other sentient beings. A decent decision could be to run you through so don't murder us while we sleep for petty gain.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2013, 03:21:07 pm »

Back to taking things? I took nothing until everybody else had taken things then I took from amongst the spare stuff. All I took to begin with was a pair of daggers.

Would leaving it all sitting on the floor in the cave have been more productive?
He hasn't been unfriendly he just hasn't been friendly either. He's pretty much neutral at present. Uncooperative is right but thats intentional for the moment because he's not going to help people he doesn't trust.

Your all total strangers, you told a story about who you are but it's impossible to prove so doesn't count for very much. He's not thick at all he simply doesn't trust people without seeing it with his own eyes. One thing in RP that irks me is without fail within 5 minutes of meeting everybody is acting like best friends. So I decided this time my character will not just suddenly trust you all he'll be wary and defensive and wait to see if he can trust you or not over time.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2013, 04:45:01 pm »

The only thing taken before you went looting was a plank. So far, you've taken the only two packs we've found, filled them with things that are either plain useless as a whole, or just useless to Bekter and not the rest of the group, and most recently snatched away a weapon another player was eying.

And your character has been unfriendly. Bekter didn't say mages were easy to hunt because of a goblin mage. He said it because Gayle said she wanted to rest because her mana was low. And even then, there's no context where saying mages are puny and easy to kill can be construed as neutral, especially not in a party with 3 magic users. The whole eating a goblin thing just cemented that he's not someone we'll ever want to get along with.
"I am low on my magical reserves, I will not be much help in future fights, especially as I plan on holding back so what mana I do have left can be used for healing, we may need it before the day is done"

"Bekter looks up briefly then snorts and looks back down.

"Puny mages, always getting tired. Hunting mages has always been easy money.""

If you don't want to be buddy-buddy at the start, fine, whatever. But your character is being almost actively counterproductive to this whole "group" situation we've got going on. He's taking a large amount of things, isn't letting the resources be divided, has hissy fits when we take offense to his words and actions, and is acting unpleasant seemingly for the sake of acting unpleasant.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2013, 04:50:24 pm »

Which weapon? I took both daggers because my character is duel wielding daggers as his primary means of combat where nobody else is using daggers as a primary means of fighting.

Other then that I took 2 swords nobody had gone for and 2 axes nobody had gone for at the time.

I found the packs then put things that I think will be useful in them, if somebody had at the time asked I'd have been happy to give away the second one, or if somebody had politely asked me since and explained when they want it for that matter. But so far one person tried to snatch it from me and one has just said hey whoever. Hardly polite.
Of course it's neutral, he didn't say you 3 were easy to kill he said mages as a general term. Considering 9/10 mages is helpless without mana it's not like he's wrong.

Besides which why should he not eat some meat if he's hungry? When did I refuse to let stuff be divided, so far nobody has IC asked me for anything I've put in my packs. People have tried to take the stuff without asking me but thats all. I have said multiple times, asking is a good idea but nobody seems to actually try it. You'd be amazed how far showing a little respect to an outcast will go.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 04:51:58 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2013, 05:47:35 pm »

Someone did just ask! And you ignored them! Because Bekter was in a strop! Because you someone construed 'you can prove you're not a troublemaker, like i did' as an insult! And yes, saying mages are puny is an insult to mages, considering 3 of our number are mages! If you can't see the difference between eating any old meat and the raw flesh of dead enemy combatants then you are thick as a post. Why would anyone respect you when you've shown no actual good qualities?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2013, 06:10:29 pm »

He said uhm whoever, which is what I just said.

He's eaten meat his entire life, where it came from is not really important to him.
Caine's law.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2013, 07:31:12 am »

When did he say 'uhm whoever'? And in what context? Quoyte it please, because I can't see anything like that.

Eating raw flesh of sentient beings might not be important to him, but it's important to other people. Even he can see that, surely. You don't typically trust someone you think might try to eat you in he gets in a huff.

As another thought, for someone who complained about being hunted unjustly because of his demon blood, he calls himself a 'demon of the darkness' and says if a person had angered him he'd eat them. He describes demons as 'my kind'. Those aren't really consistent with the whole 'woe is me i don't trust anyone because they hunt me unjustly' when you are actively calling yourself a demon.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2013, 07:53:09 am »

I'll quote it when I get home tonight.

He ate a dead enemy he killed, but that would be a bit odd I guess.

He's a demon born in the dark, he's not going to lie about who he is. Demons are his kind, he'd admitted it already why would he deny it right after he said he was one?
Caine's law.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2013, 08:17:57 am »

He's a demon born in the dark, he's not going to lie about who he is. Demons are his kind, he'd admitted it already why would he deny it right after he said he was one?
You miss my point again. Are you doing this on purpose? I din't say anything about him lying about what he is. My point is Bekter really doesn't help his case. 'People assume I'm a threat!' Yeah, because he's an arse who threatens to eat them. Maybe that's why.

He associates himself with demons, though he's half human too. That might be a better thing to say 'Despite my looks, I am not entirely a demon, I have a human side' against 'I'm a demon, I'll eat people who annoy me, wait why are you being mean to me'. See the difference there?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2013, 08:27:38 am »

He was born amongst demons and lived with them when he was young.
Then humans hunted and tried to kill him.
So he considers himself to be more demon then human and he largely considers humans to be the evil ones not demons.
Most of what he knows of demon human relations is based on humans hunting demons and labelling them monsters for killing humans while ignoring there own actions. He doesn't want to be human.

He said he'd eat people who make him angry he never said he'd eat one of you at all. It was a statement not a threat. Part of his reactions are also because he's had extremely little interaction with people so doesn't know better as well.
Most of his interaction has been threats and insults from humans against him. So to him thats normal. Where as to all of you who know better it's not.

He's lived alone or with demons almost his entire life remember.
I'll update his background tonight.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:42:17 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2013, 08:56:18 am »

See, as far as I know you made that up on the spot just now: None of that has been hinted at through your dialogue. All that's stated in your bio is that he raised himself as a feral child in the wilds, nothing about growing up among demons. Considering the only demon of your kind we've heard of is one that kidnapped and raped a woman until she had his child, whereupon she died and he abandoned it there's nothing to suggest that those hunters were not, in fact, justified. Oh yeah, they get vilified for killing humans. How odd that humans don't like them then. Whats a few murders and kidnap-rapes between friends?

How where you hunted and shunned during your youth anyway? Your bio says you raised yourself with barely any contact with intelligent beings. Hunters aren't psychic: they won't go into woods on the off chance a half-demon child might be living in them. You can't blame us for not knowing things you never said anywhere. All this stuff you could show through RP, but you didn't even have it in your bio. Your character is 23. At most he's been persecuted for 6 years, rather than twenty, as that was when he chose to rejoin society. And if it made him so miserable, why not go back to living in the woods, away from humanity?

You may feel like I'm just having a go at you, but to me your character seems nonsensical and inconsistent, so it grates on me.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2013, 09:06:58 am »

His back story is incomplete, I've been expanding it bit by bit in my spare time but it's still not finished.

I'll try to finish it tonight and put up the updated version of it.
I can't now couse I'm at work.

Caine's law.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2013, 12:05:14 pm »

Only some of the alchemy supplies would fit in the second back along with what's already in it. Is that fine?
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12