Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: ~ Lost - (OOC Thread) ~  (Read 9033 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: ~ Lost - (OOC Thread) ~
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2013, 03:03:15 pm »

Look at it this way: it'd be better for bekter to have allies that can fight effectively than holding on to a bunch of weapons he can't use for shit. A situation where there's a monster so tough your weapons have both broken and unarmed is useless so only throwing weapons will work is so unlikely as to never happen. Roleplaying wise, you say you want to play a stealthy assassin: carrying more metal than a travelling pedlar seems kind of counter productive, no?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2013, 03:42:34 pm »

Well nobody else wanted them, so why exactly shouldn't I take them? It's perfectly possible to learn a new skill and fighting like an assassin won't always be possible anyway.

I drop the bags before I go into a fight and the swords are for the rest of you if any of you ever need them but it's really much simpler then that.

Taking a backup weapon is exactly what my character would do, so he has. The fact that he does not have any skill to use it really doesn't matter because the character itself and what the character would do comes before what is logical for him. Thats why I joint a RP game. Sheesh just leave me the heck alone to play the game instead of arguing every time I do something.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2013, 03:48:36 pm »

Pat, we wouldn't be arguing so much if you weren't taking everything good other people could use better, and then filling our only portable storage with useless crap nobody can use, and not letting anyone but you interact with it.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2013, 03:59:57 pm »

I left it all in the pile other then what I could use or what there was more of the first turn, nobody else wanted it so why exactly shouldn't I take it when nobody else wanted it? Useless crap? I have a pot for cooking I have a bedroll for me then I have nails, silver utensils and a mining pick for a purpose once we find a town or something that can be used as a forge and somebody who can do it for me if he hasn't had enough reason to really interact with the groups smith by then. Candles because they might come in useful at some point. 2 Whetstones and some spare clothing. The cooking, Bedroll and Clothing is all for RP purposes.

If anybody wants the swords they're welcome to them and as for interacting with the packs. Fits the character perfectly and since only one of you has actually tried speaking with him or helping him is it a wonder he won't let you touch his stuff? He's known you for all of an hour and all he actually knows is your capable of killing people. Not exactly the best impression to leave somebody who's been an outcast and actively hunted and attacked by the vast majority of people his entire life is it?

It's a damned RP game, so if you want him to act like part of the team that would require you to make him think he actually is part of the team rather then saying nothing at all to him and complaining at me a lot about my actions. He has a set personality which so far in relation to this is pretty much, they can hurt me, stay away from them until they get themselves killed with the exception of Nixor who has offered to help him so Bekter has some reason to trust him.

I'm treating is a RP game, which means my character will not instantly say " Hey they told me there names that means I can trust them all and we're best friends now. "
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 04:16:32 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2013, 05:36:27 pm »

The whole unfriendly-not-trusting-thing works two ways: you've made a character who's grabbed a excessive amount of stuff and pretty much walked off. When you introduced yourself the first thing you said was that you've killed lots of people - and not just criminals. Then you walked off. Not something to make others trust you. Or to encourage further conversation, either.

Earlier, someone asked you for something and you ignored them, so yeah, not so sure on the sword-taking front. Taking both packs sets a bad precedent: you could easily have managed with one and left the second for the others.

Helping him? With what? He hasn't offered to help either, because so far, there's been nothing to offer to help with.

If you want to interact with the groups smith, you should start talking to Ket. She's quite friendly once you're past the bloodlust.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2013, 11:02:46 pm »

Well when he spoke to me I thought he was out of earshot of me, otherwise I would have spoken to him.

NRDL spoke to me and helped me carry stuff and I interacted with him just fine.
But of the 2 you've all killed things or tried to as well as I have so my having killed things is a little less of an issue then the fact that almost my entire experience with people involves being hated and made an outcast so I have 20+ years of experience staying away from people and avoiding interaction as much as possible. Besides 1 bag would not have fit everything I'm carrying.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:08:57 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2013, 07:29:51 pm »

Lots of awesome roleplaying going on, and I just HAD to go on ahead.  Am I still actually capable of hearing your guys talk? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2013, 07:32:24 pm »

Sure, it can just be before you walked off.
Caine's law.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2013, 10:44:34 pm »

It's already been mentioned that someone ran off in-character. You can always just decide it's a bad idea and come back.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2013, 02:42:22 pm »

Actually, be cheeky and grab some sleeping rolls for the rest of us. Consider it that you decided to help out your new-found companions.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2013, 02:48:05 pm »

Woops forgot about this.

But this is very fun so far, playing the group outcast. Who was smart enough to swipe the useful stuff first.
Caine's law.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2013, 02:50:34 pm »

Considering the fact you decided to up and eat raw a sapient being in front of everyone, then insult a mage to her face for no reason, no being told you're like solid sunshine and roses isn't an insult. In fact, you were offered tacit understanding and told you could prove you were not a troublemaker. That's not being insulted. That's, in fact, being offered the olive branch. But Bekter gets in a huff and walks off.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 01, 2013, 02:52:19 pm »

Telling him he can be like you isn't a good way to make him feel better when he knows nothing about you mate. For all he knows you just told him he'd make a great mass murderer.

And I didn't insult the mage at all, I said mages had been easy to kill in his past and that I hate hunters.
Caine's law.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2013, 02:58:49 pm »

"I proved I was no troublemaker, you can too"
You complaint is that you are automatically assumed to be a troublemaker. Gayle was saying you can prove you aren't. How insulting. If it was Ket who said it, maybe  icould see your point: all your character can tell is that she is a warrior, has a sense of honour, enjoys combat, and carries a grea shame. Gayle, however, is also a demon-based thing that says she was also assumed to be trouble, but proved she wasn't. Nothing at all to even suggest the possibility if saying he'd make a great mass murderer, though from what i've seen that doesn't seem like something he'd take as a insult anyway.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 01, 2013, 03:00:27 pm »

Just to point it out in case it's been forgotten in the downtime/wasn't clear, these weren't quite the same as the goblins mentioned as a default playable race. They were feral goblins, a little shorter and a lot nastier and stupider.

Still not animals though. :P
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12