Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: ~ Lost - (OOC Thread) ~  (Read 9034 times)

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
~ Lost - (OOC Thread) ~
« on: August 25, 2013, 06:42:38 pm »

You saw the title, you know what this thing is.

Quick little link back to the game thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=130374.0
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: ~ Lost - (OOC Thread) ~
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 07:01:08 pm »

Just looking at the sheet, I get 4 spells right?

Well, opinions, I will take the healing, what others should I get?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 07:12:31 pm »

What kind of mage are you trying to make?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 07:14:35 pm »

All of the spells listed there are ones you 'know', but you can only cast spells have to be prepared beforehand (In the Prepared Slots). The Lesser Bolt Spells, and a few others have an infinite amount of casts once prepared, so you'll have those for as long as you want them. But others, you need to take a little time to prepare and you get a set amount of casts of that spell.

Like for the Arcane Bolt, if you have 10 minutes to spend on preparing that spell, you can cast it 6 times, and it'll take up Spell Slot #2.
You can prepare a different spell like Shadow Walk to get 6 of that in Spell Slot #3, or you could prepare another set of Arcane Bolts and have 12, but two slots with Arcane Bolt assigned to them.

(And Prepared Spells that aren't cast within a certain amount of time aren't wasted or anything. They'll stick around until you want to use them just like the Infinite Cast spells would.)
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 07:16:52 pm »

I was actually asking the team which I should prepare in general (we don't know what we are going to face) situations
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 07:18:49 pm »

I'd recommend you prepare the healing spell and the create light spell. You won't need anything but the lesser bolt as an attack for a while.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 08:27:34 pm »

The actual post is pretty short, but most of what I had to explain was already in the intro, so there wasn't really a point in repeating it all.

And so it begins.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 09:06:22 pm »

Harvey, eh?.. :P

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 09:10:41 pm »

Sorry was doing responses to 2 other games where I used that name.
It got a little muddled.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 03:48:42 am »

Create Light has to be cast on an object or creature. Of course, right now nothing's stopping you from casting it on a little chunk of wood or something from the ship and throwing that into the darkness, but I just want to make sure you're aware of that. (That might actually be what you'd meant in the first place.)

Also, I'm guessing you mean to the left side of the map, where the light doesn't reach, right?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 03:50:34 am »

Yup, and yeah im doing it ala D&D light, f(Find pebble or analogue, Make pebble Lucent, throw pebble) other good option is a shield for a searchlight

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 04:06:23 am »

PTP
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 11:42:22 am »

NRDL, try to avoid moving away from the group like that to explore on your own. It separates the updates, and if you go too far and get in a fight, you'd be pretty screwed.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 11:55:01 am »

If it's in his characters nature though then he should do it, ignoring what your character would do to make something easier goes against the point of a RP doesn't it?
Caine's law.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 12:17:23 pm »

Patrick, I'm not trying to "go against the point of an RP" I'm simply giving some friendly advice as a veteran of Anin's games.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12