Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259210 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2895 on: December 05, 2013, 04:35:49 pm »

Pretty sure the bioweapon might still kill, I mean, mutation can kill even in controlled, lab environment. Pretty sure a recently modified bioweapon will kill too.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: December 05, 2013, 05:34:26 pm »

Keep in mind, we aren't mutated. Thus it would be wise to avoid any sort of proximity to the weapon when it detonates or any time immediately afterward.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: December 05, 2013, 05:57:14 pm »

Keep in mind, we aren't mutated. Thus it would be wise to avoid any sort of proximity to the weapon when it detonates or any time immediately afterward.
Or we can just take the much-belated third option and mutate/cogify ourselves. This is the endgame, gentlemen, and perhaps Cheerie can provide us with the schematics necessary to turn our physical form into a steel-wrought avatar of destruction.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: December 05, 2013, 06:03:37 pm »

If we cogify ourselves, that must happen in the climax of this. Like, just before the final battle.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: December 05, 2013, 06:11:59 pm »

If we cogify ourselves, that must happen in the climax of this. Like, just before the final battle.

+1 for rule of drama shenanigans

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: December 05, 2013, 06:17:13 pm »

Personally, I'd like to do a mix between cognification and mutation. Maybe the goo person / mech suit thing that was brought up earlier for Cheerie except on us. Kind of fits considering that our adopted daughter is a goo girl. Maybe squid and goo mutation along with cognification so we'd have something in common with all sides of the "family".
Sure thing peanut man!

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: December 05, 2013, 06:19:36 pm »

Is there any particular reason for this? Not that I am rabidly in favour of bodily modification, but I can really see how we will need to go on a lot of missions ourselves to ensure they don't end up in catastrophic losses of mooks and minions and gaining an extra edge over our opponents might be very prudent.

Despite being the strongest fighter we have(with the possible exception of Cheerie), our evil self cannot go toe-to-toe with a Heroic Hero, as we lack the passive +4 and +6 bonuses that those buggers get to use on every turn, including the turns they use their opening +12 moves, resulting in devastatingly powerful initial attacks. Imagine if we could get a +25 bonus on our firt turn.

And besides, Cheerie seems to be an expert on robotic prothetics, as her minions were all cyborgs, so perhaps we should ask her what she can teach us in that area.

+1 for rule of drama shenanigans

Ah, I see, but what if we just begin the process now? A couple of fingers, testing out what we can do, and by the time of final battle we'll have become something resembling Raiden from Metal Gear Revengeance.

EDIT: Okay fine, I confess, I want us to become a cyborg because I am tired of how we genuinely believe that the future of humanity lies in transhumanism, but are still perfectly human ourselves underneath all that armor and because I've been in fucking love with cyborgs ever since I first saw Robocop. Cyborgs are awesome. I am going to become one myself after the global community stops arguing over the willing modification of human body.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 06:30:06 pm by Knit tie »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: December 05, 2013, 06:33:04 pm »

Maybe it is time to try get a message to Knighthowl in some way, tell him what the Heroes have done, blame the nukes on them, might just convince him to try and convince the others to defect/get out or he maybe join us himself, unlikely but might be worth a try.

Taking parts of everything could be risky, if we do do it make sure we are sure we have taken all precautions to ensure success. Would rather find a better mutation, could summon something magical or something and use that, but don't mind using Rags mutagen or Psysquid(pre alt world incident) + Chemista mutagen.
Prefer becoming just a robot or something like that though, but maybe a mutant android combo could be more powerful/interesting.

Edit:I love androids as well, only wanted to remain human for the benefits it brought, and I wanted to wait til we had the best available options. Now is near, if not the time, to start working on plans to enhance our self.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 06:37:52 pm by Cain12 »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: December 05, 2013, 06:37:30 pm »

I am against mixing mutation and cogification simply because it has a rather great chance of reducing us to paste.

Which is why I suggest talking to and examining Cheerie to find out what has been done to her and how to replicate that.

EDIT: Cain12, being human so far has not brought us any benefits as far as I remember.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 06:41:42 pm by Knit tie »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: December 05, 2013, 06:43:10 pm »

Well we should discuss the possibilities of combination with the people who actually do the stuff, Psysquid/Cherrie might not know how to work Cog/robot parts onto a goo/whatever person, and Cog/robot parts might mess up any mutations or become mismatched or useless afterwards.

Which is why I suggest talking to and examining Cheerie to find out what has been done to her and how to replicate that.
+1
Edit:Walking around as a human could have helped us, IIRC, it let us walk around freely and we could have used that more. Plus if we weren't obviously Silver under our costume and due to our abilities (which someone feared we would lose if we changed) Knighthowl might have not stopped trying to kill us. And Cherrie can recognize us as well because we still look like Silver. I'd call those possible benefits.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 06:54:57 pm by Cain12 »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: December 05, 2013, 06:45:24 pm »

Replicate cogification mechanization and mutation? Pretty sure we're able to do that already.

Pretty sure Ozymandes would have some great ideas on how to tackle the HEROES Organization![/joke]

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: December 05, 2013, 06:51:31 pm »

Oz may actually have some good ideas, but he might try to trick us, and he would probably have his price for that sort of thing.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: December 05, 2013, 07:00:49 pm »

The goo-person and cogification is not a good combination. Because a metal suit negates all benefits from having a malleable body.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: December 05, 2013, 07:08:25 pm »

The goo-person and cogification is not a good combination. Because a metal suit negates all benefits from having a malleable body.
I kind of think of it as having two (and a half?) lives. If the suit gets destroyed we emerge with our still combat capable goo person body and if we get our butts kicked still, we might get that goo person / squid special ability of escaping.
Sure thing peanut man!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: December 05, 2013, 07:11:33 pm »

It feels more like a contingecy plant rather than a way to achieve synergy. Remember that we are going that way to fight the last battle. Screw means to escape.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 213