Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259108 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2910 on: December 05, 2013, 07:13:07 pm »

I'd like to notice that neither Knighthowl nor Cheerie have seen us without our mask. We might've been a slugman underneath that for all that mattered.

Anyway, to my argument: for every event that did occur in the universe, there are a coutless events that could have occured but didn't. We, perhaps, could have somehow used being human to our advantage, but the fact is that we didn't, and we sure as fuck won't be able to do so now, as the Heroes know enough about our identity to purpose-build a weapon against us, which is Cheerie. Being Silver is no longer a possible advantage in any way, shape or form as the Mechanist is obviously gunning for his own son. If we are still unsure of that, let's ask Cheerie.

What I say is that being human for us is now a foolish liability in the same sense as how using a sword is a liability when rifles are availible. There may be a significant psychological meaning to the idea for the ordinary person, yes. But we have openly stated, and genuinely believe, that all humans should become monsters! So why, in the name of Ozymandias the goldfish, have we not become a monster ourselves if there's no practical meaning to our remaining human!?

EDIT: I proposed goo-girlifying Cheerie solely as a means to deal with extensive physical scarring. There is no practical value to this combination whatsoever. If we want to go for mutant/cog combo, we might as well use Knighthowl mutagen. It'll be a tribute to an old friend as much as a means of making us a cyborg werewolf.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:17:14 pm by Knit tie »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: December 05, 2013, 07:14:50 pm »

Because of rule of drama. The same thing that we use to don't go on unimportant missions.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: December 05, 2013, 07:19:48 pm »

I still call for cogification now. Upgrading in the beginning of a new season is also a very well used drama trope.

Because of rule of drama. The same thing that we use to don't go on unimportant missions.
So invading a pet shelter and a radio tower full of snail enthusiasts were important missions?[/sarcasm]
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:25:57 pm by Knit tie »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: December 05, 2013, 07:30:59 pm »

Well a goo body would only need so much space to enter and exit the suit. And the suit offers extra protection, it doesn't negate all the benefits. We can still fight with goo appendages and the like from the suit while it protects the rest of us. And it provides a means to escape after seemingly dying, would make a bad end that doesn't result in our death even if we lose, or even a chance to try again.

Knit, I am aware we need to change now, we didn't back then. Simply wanted to stay human back then because it was an advantage if the need came, like being a goo person is an advantage if we needed to escape, or being a fish person could have helped us with the Nil Psysquid or underwater missions, or being a monster or robot could help in fights, they all had benefits, your desire to become a robot was no more likely to be useful than remaining human, considering we have been in what? Three fights our self?

Suggest we don't waste time arguing about things that don't matter now, since we both seem to agree we want a cyborg of sorts.

Edit:We made our choice of missions on rule of Drama, Funny, Cool, and on occasion based on what would benefit us the most.
Edit:Oh Cyborg wolfman, neat, do test runs on the Knighthowl Spawn? Might make them smarter.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:38:26 pm by Cain12 »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: December 05, 2013, 07:37:36 pm »

I apologise if you have been annoyed by my nagging, I am just trying to be a liberal/progressive/there's-no-way-that-could-go-wrong type of player. Still, and I promise to not bring it up any more, my point remains - we are likely to be in a lot of fights in this book, and we haven't used our humanity to any benefit, so far, so we might as well become stronger.

EDIT: Jeesus Christ I need to lay off coffee. Look at all these posts with me arguing over, as a classic would say, "matters entirely minute and inconsequental".
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:42:45 pm by Knit tie »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: December 05, 2013, 07:51:45 pm »

Agreed, now the true battle against the enemy begins, they have shown to be much more powerful than our self, if Mauve is any example of what the enemy may be like, they are stronger and willing to take desperate measures to destroy us.

We may have to shed our weakness, in more ways than one perhaps. Maybe even consider talking with the fish, just to see what he can bring to the table. And please, don't apologize, you did nothing wrong. Edit: I tend not to give enough thought to things before posting, sorry if I provoked the argument/discussion.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:54:32 pm by Cain12 »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: December 06, 2013, 11:13:37 am »

I approve of us injecting ourselves with Knighthowl mutagen and then cogifying ourselves.

Because cyborg werewolf Incognito.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: December 06, 2013, 11:21:42 am »

Can we at least show Cheerie our face before we mutate/cog ourself? I don't think she knows who we are, not really.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: December 06, 2013, 11:26:09 am »

Still, we are not doing it just yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: December 07, 2013, 08:35:21 am »

In the meantime, how about we try to further augment our power supply? I have a gut feeling that we'll need that magical crystal fusion reactor soon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: December 07, 2013, 09:18:46 am »

Yes, mainly for making lots of minions. Why don't we begin with a thermal generator from the volcano?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: December 07, 2013, 09:21:29 am »

Yes, mainly for making lots of minions. Why don't we begin with a thermal generator from the volcano?

+1 on that. Considering how much power can be put out from an entire volcano with geothermy...

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: December 07, 2013, 10:53:36 am »

+1 on that. Considering how much power can be put out from an entire volcano with geothermy...
+1

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: December 07, 2013, 11:01:51 am »

+1
Maybe we can modify the volcano to function as a fucking massive artillery piece?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: December 07, 2013, 11:09:30 am »

+1
Maybe we can modify the volcano to function as a fucking massive artillery piece?
This isn't dwarf fortress. We are better off building that battleship and rigging our zeppelin to blast enemies with the power of rock.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 213