Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259560 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1740 on: October 31, 2013, 01:27:21 pm »

No! The fan's blood is worth nothing to us! I... just had an idea. Sacrifice the returning memories. Along with the silver shard.
That might not even possible.

Also, I highly doubt that sacrificing the our former heroic self would result in something we can control.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 31, 2013, 01:28:03 pm »

How about we deal with our current summon before thinking about the next one?

If we want a warrior or something like that how about our blood/KnightHowl's blood, sword, armor (with or without spikes), tears as a maybe.

Also more in favor of trying mutagens, haven't even used KnightHowls yet.

No! The fan's blood is worth nothing to us! I... just had an idea. Sacrifice the returning memories. Along with the silver shard.
Well not yet, might want to wait til we can use them to deal with Cherrie. Plus that seems like something we don't know we can do, we can sacrifice memories?, why not sacrifice Ceruleans memories she would rather be without then, like her being tortured.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 31, 2013, 01:28:46 pm »

That might not even possible.

Also, I highly doubt that sacrificing the our former heroic self would result in something we can control.
Yes.

Also, let's scarifice really emotional stuff when we actually need the extra punch.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 31, 2013, 01:32:10 pm »

Plus chances are some people will want to add a bunch of stuff and without knowledge of what actually works we would most likely get something wrong.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1744 on: October 31, 2013, 01:37:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mauve swallows heavily as she fidgets.
"Ah...master? I'm...Well...I am the soul known as 'Mauve' but...I..." she looks around warily, "I don't remember anything...I...I know I wanted to kill you, but...I can't remember...It's...it's something I...probably...paid in exchange for power," she seems contrite, "Please...I don't want to go back there," she's earnest at least on that. "I'll...I'll do anything, really. Hell isn't...it's not a nice place for sinners."
You didn't suspect that in the slightest -irony is thick in your thoughts.
"I...I barely remember my name, your evilness. I...I live to serve, really..."
You look towards Cerulean, who seems conflicted. On one side, you don't know how she'd treat Mauve if she were given to her. You doubt she'd treat her like with 'Lionel'...technically, Mauve did kill the pet. It's highly possible Cerulean might simply mistreat her, or worse.
Or maybe not, but she doesn't seem at all inclined in saying anything, and judging by how she inches towards the exit...it's possible she simply doesn't want to talk or see Mauve at all for a while.
The imp simply fidgets, gazing at you with her bright and large crimson eyes.
She does look sort of frail and scared like a child...even though she supposedly fired down giant meteors on Psysquid's team and kicked a hellstorm -no pun intended.
Then again, you can't judge a book by its cover.
You turn thoughtful.
She clearly is a Dark Minion. Maybe she could be upgraded to become a Side-Kick and then a Dark Advisor...but as she is, she does appear extremely eager to please -if probably to avoid hell.

While musing over those thoughts, you decide to have a look at the available missions -before choosing whether to take any or upgrade the base.

Chemista unrolls a scroll, before coughing politely.

City chosen is...Justice City!

1) The Song of the Soul Is Born From The Darkest Pits of Hell. Underwater. Destruction. "There is an underwater volcano guarded by mermaids," Chemista says, "we could use it for Geothermal energies, the chance to find obsidian and something else...or just to have a volcano in the background. In any circumstance, a volcano is a naturally 'hot' source. We could cut down on the heating costs no doubt." Resource Acquirable: Volcano. Volcanic Stones. ???
2) Deathless, he shall smite the evil. Mixed. "There's a great deal of talk concerning the latest problem of recruiting new children into the active hero ranks. The propaganda machine of the Heroes is going full force. We can infiltrate the theaters and the cinema, exchanging films with more 'monster-related' themes or simply burn the places down."
3) The Blood Shall Cleanse. Control. "You know the usual talk of the 'ultimate weapon' needed to kill the evil Overlord? Well, apparently this time around somebody found an ancient 'ultimate' Evil Overlord Weapon. The Heroes hushed the noise down but..." she gazes at Splinter-Cog, who holds his head high, "Apparently this new addition found out about it...somehow."
"Computing...their system were no match for my l33t hackz skillz."
"Whatever he said," Chemista retorts. "Or you know, we can upgrade the base. Like, with something."

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: October 31, 2013, 01:40:02 pm »

Geothermal energy should be our priority. Also, volcanoes are cool. Everyone loves volcanoes.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: October 31, 2013, 01:41:40 pm »

Guys, I don't think that's how we should do it.
Maybe we should sacrifice one thing at a time, see what comes from it and take note. Later we could break our wanted reward into pieces and we will know what ingredient is for each piece.

Also, we could divide each sacrifice by suggester. Like each suggester get a chance to do his own summon by himself, without other people interfering. That way everyone get a chance to test their ideas. Just a suggestion, but I think it's a good one. If accepted, Shadenight could provide us with an order of players(rolled, maybe? Prettier/smarter/fresher socks could be used too for order, it would be his call) and we could make a list of what each one wants to sacrifice. Then the sacrifices would be done, one per day, following the order provided and everyone would be happy.
Of course, for that to work we need player maturity. No crying after the sacrifice that "but I wanted to sacrifice X, Y and 2 units of Z. You just sacrificed one unit of Z and therefore I'm pissed/unhappy/gonna report u". Changes could be made to the list, but no crying over spilled milk once it's done.

Edit: And there's definitely something extra in that volcano.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:49:24 pm by Cattani »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 31, 2013, 01:47:48 pm »

Well I have the smartest socks, they tell me all my suggestions, just hard to understand them what with the no mouths thing. Joking aside will wait for smarter people, including the Gm himself to share their views. (Doesn't seem that suggestion gameish imo)
Edit: Changing to the third (The Blood Shall Cleanse)  an overlord weapon the heroes actually don't want us to know about? Sounds worth the danger to check out.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:00:54 pm by Cain12 »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 31, 2013, 02:07:49 pm »

Thank you, Shadenight. Thank you deeply.

Wait, no Psysquid claivoyance?

Also, googirls FTW. We can sacrifice our daughter's flesh with no lasting damage!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:10:43 pm by Knit tie »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1749 on: October 31, 2013, 02:09:40 pm »

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: October 31, 2013, 02:15:35 pm »

Silly me.

Anyway, thank you again for explaining the SAD system. We were seroiously fumbling in the dark there.

As for the missions, I am tempted to do missions 3 and 1, but 3 seems to be very hardcore. Maybe we should send Chemista and Splintercog for maximum sneakiness?

EDIT: You know, why don't we try to make a paladin. You know, because we are fighting for equality and all. Corrupt the fan, cheer him up, give him a sword and a magic crystal and then transform him into a force of evil-that-is-actually-good.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:25:38 pm by Knit tie »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: October 31, 2013, 02:23:39 pm »

So:
Blood = Alive
Unnatural = Unnatural
Machinery = Steampunk
Flesh of the Daughter = Evil Aligned

Trying to make a simplified list. Thanks for for the bone, saved away for reference.
Edit: +1 to the above about the fan going paladin.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:25:35 pm by Cain12 »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: October 31, 2013, 03:12:25 pm »

No, we hadn't. We would have avoided that ambush if we did.

1) You are a bastard! You are my bastard! Control. "Acquire THE past Hero's bastard son." Psysquid blinks. He rereads it another second. "Yep, acquire THE past Hero's bastard son."
Your eyebrows sky-rocket to the top of your forehead. "What?"
"It says..."
"I HEARD THAT," you yell, "What else does it says!? Are your squid sense tingling or what!?"
"No, which is strange," Psysquid mutters. "I mean, they should tingle...they don't."
Chemista snorts. "There might be a Nullifier then. The HEROES association has a few in reserve...and keeping the dirty laundry clean would warrant using one."
"Nullifier?" you ask.
"It emits an electromagnetic field that utterly disables any special ability from being used..." she smiles then, "Doesn't work on animals however...if you catch my drift."
"And it's a control mission," you deadpan.
"Well, you can't expect everything to go your way now, right?" she replies. "Maybe he had a one-stand with someone after I killed your mother," Chemista mumbles. "Uh, well...I say we should get him. THE Hero might just awaken in the bastard as much as it might return in your father...we need to take him out."
"He's my...half-brother," you deadpan.
"Well...your call," she shrugs. "Out of life, out of thought..."
2) Baby, Baby oh, oh, Baby Baby, oh, oh. Destruction. "There's a concert going on to raise funds for the HEROES association," Psysquid remarks. "We could slaughter our way through them and get that cash for ourselves...or just maim, burn and kill...." he hums, "Or Gamington might enjoy singing with the Camerathing something catchy to get people on our side...what do I know..." Security Present. Low Chance of Special forces present. Musical Hero present!
Resource Acquirable: High-Tech Recording Equipment OR High-Tech Sonic Equipment. ????

3) The moon shines brightly tonight...let's drive a hole in it and cheer with moonshine. Mixed. "The rednecks of the countryside are having problems with the police. If we aid them, they'll give us Booze, poorly working guns and their ears on the ground in case of trouble...if Cheerie's in the countryside furthermore, they might be able to find her before we do..." Resource Acquirable: Rednecks. Alcoholic Wares.

"Or we could upgrade," Chemista suggests. "You know, the training grounds sound like such a nice idea. And Cheerie might just do us a favor and kill your half-brother in our place."

What do you do?

EDIT: I'm really sorry for the accusation. Really. Didn't see that the second mission actually was predicted.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: October 31, 2013, 03:18:52 pm »

So there appears to have been a nullifier used on both mission 1 and mission 3.  The clue IS there.  Was almost highlighted - we didn't get a security report for mission 1, and that was explained... we did for mission 2, and we didn't again for mission 3.  We -should- have asked and verified that mission 3 HAD NO SECURITY versus HAD NO SQUID SENSE.... except that Psysquid should have said something along those lines, having just been prompted to talk about this when explaining mission 1's lack of security report.  (He's me!  Despite his strange proclivities, which I make no claim to share.  None the less, he's me!  Please don't kill me for that dumb choice, I'm still really useful!)

Instruct Psysquid to specifically and directly point out when his squid sense should be tingling but is not, as well as other unusual happenings of any and all sorts he becomes aware of.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: October 31, 2013, 03:39:13 pm »

So there appears to have been a nullifier used on both mission 1 and mission 3.  The clue IS there.  Was almost highlighted - we didn't get a security report for mission 1, and that was explained... we did for mission 2, and we didn't again for mission 3.  We -should- have asked and verified that mission 3 HAD NO SECURITY versus HAD NO SQUID SENSE.... except that Psysquid should have said something along those lines, having just been prompted to talk about this when explaining mission 1's lack of security report.  (He's me!  Despite his strange proclivities, which I make no claim to share.  None the less, he's me!  Please don't kill me for that dumb choice, I'm still really useful!)

Instruct Psysquid to specifically and directly point out when his squid sense should be tingling but is not, as well as other unusual happenings of any and all sorts he becomes aware of.

I think he wouldn't find anything out of the ordinary with him detecting no resistance on a mission to negotiate with rednecks in the middle of nowhere, thus he didn't realised there was a block on his psyniscience.

And anyway, we should focus on whether we want to do the missions or upgrade our base. I vote missions 1 and 3. Or, if we are not well prepared enough to do them, build a training grounds.

And also build that damn assault cog!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 03:44:21 pm by Knit tie »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 213