Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259566 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1455 on: September 26, 2013, 10:16:56 am »

Damn, we are going to get a huge amount of Mc Hammer jokes in the future if we end up creating hammer cogs.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: September 26, 2013, 10:17:30 am »

FUCK THAT REMINDS ME.

FIND THAT SPLINTER-COG. WE NEED HIS STEALTH SKILLS.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: September 26, 2013, 10:26:46 am »

+1 to the hammercogs!

And ok, the Figurehead may not be completely useless. It may even be as awesome as Imp says. I'm just happy if it dont explode in splinters if it try to move. Else it'll be another Blorble.
Anyway good idea for a summon Knit, just a somewhat bad execution luck. I thought we would get a Dovahkiin too.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: September 26, 2013, 10:40:52 am »

As the GM said, keep it simple

a design is not perfect when there's nothing left to add, but when there's nothing left to take away.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: September 26, 2013, 12:30:48 pm »

Words of support and encouragement.

Some more words of support and encouragment.

Words of advice.

I actually meant this whole cluster-f-bomb dropping and exasperation at my incompetence to be a joke, but thank you anyway for the support. You are awesome!

Oh, and Shadenight, I hope you feel better soon!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:37:53 pm by Knit tie »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: September 26, 2013, 05:19:38 pm »

Yeah, I think that with that temporarily unidentified thing I forgot to say to the GM:

I hope you get better soon! Just don't over exert your hand.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: September 26, 2013, 07:33:11 pm »

Yeah, I think that with that temporarily unidentified thing I forgot to say to the GM:

I hope you get better soon! Just don't over exert your hand.

On that note how's your hand and could it be do better with some time off? maybe 2-3 days without posting?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: September 26, 2013, 07:34:38 pm »

Maybe you should try voice recog to write with for a while?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1463 on: September 27, 2013, 02:28:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You forge a hammer made of iron and steel, lumping together a few cogs and an hydraulic engine for added smashing power to the back of your normal cog.
You watch as the thing starts to clink and clunk, before smashing down the hammer on the ground.
By the crack it leaves, apparently it's going to do quite the bit of damage...but by the weight it bears, there's doubt he's a 'dodger' extraordinaire.

Resource Acquired: Hammer-Cog. Build Time: If none, one turn for two. If have, one turn for one.

"And un, deux, trois...coghuahua!" you watch Gamington and Coghuahua dance the Flamenco in a corner of the throne room, as Psysquid comes nearby with the mission-pertaining scrolls. He coughs, politely opening the first scroll.

1) You are a bastard! You are my bastard! Control. "Acquire THE past Hero's bastard son." Psysquid blinks. He rereads it another second. "Yep, acquire THE past Hero's bastard son."
Your eyebrows sky-rocket to the top of your forehead. "What?"
"It says..."
"I HEARD THAT," you yell, "What else does it says!? Are your squid sense tingling or what!?"
"No, which is strange," Psysquid mutters. "I mean, they should tingle...they don't."
Chemista snorts. "There might be a Nullifier then. The HEROES association has a few in reserve...and keeping the dirty laundry clean would warrant using one."
"Nullifier?" you ask.
"It emits an electromagnetic field that utterly disables any special ability from being used..." she smiles then, "Doesn't work on animals however...if you catch my drift."
"And it's a control mission," you deadpan.
"Well, you can't expect everything to go your way now, right?" she replies. "Maybe he had a one-stand with someone after I killed your mother," Chemista mumbles. "Uh, well...I say we should get him. THE Hero might just awaken in the bastard as much as it might return in your father...we need to take him out."
"He's my...half-brother," you deadpan.
"Well...your call," she shrugs. "Out of life, out of thought..."
2) Baby, Baby oh, oh, Baby Baby, oh, oh. Destruction. "There's a concert going on to raise funds for the HEROES association," Psysquid remarks. "We could slaughter our way through them and get that cash for ourselves...or just maim, burn and kill...." he hums, "Or Gamington might enjoy singing with the Camerathing something catchy to get people on our side...what do I know..." Security Present. Low Chance of Special forces present. Musical Hero present!
Resource Acquirable: High-Tech Recording Equipment OR High-Tech Sonic Equipment. ????

3) The moon shines brightly tonight...let's drive a hole in it and cheer with moonshine. Mixed. "The rednecks of the countryside are having problems with the police. If we aid them, they'll give us Booze, poorly working guns and their ears on the ground in case of trouble...if Cheerie's in the countryside furthermore, they might be able to find her before we do..." Resource Acquirable: Rednecks. Alcoholic Wares.

"Or we could upgrade," Chemista suggests. "You know, the training grounds sound like such a nice idea. And Cheerie might just do us a favor and kill your half-brother in our place."

What do you do?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: September 27, 2013, 02:33:01 am »

Do the half brother one.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: September 27, 2013, 03:51:12 am »

Re mission one, -1.  Sure I'm curious.  I'm just not curious enough to stick my neck in the noose.  The reason why Psi can't predict the forces here may have NOTHING to do with the heroes.  Remember, they set one CERTAIN trap for us, which we walked into when we met Sorrowful Drinker, the Trademark Hero (we acquired the sidekick who became Snowstar from this mission, whom Drinker was pretending initially to be).  Psisquid was able to read that mission, and reported for it High Chance of Hero present. Low chance of Special Forces present.

I strongly believe that the Upkeep previous to that one contained a trap mission for us as well.  Psisquid, as expected, was unable to provide us details about the missions that turn, but there's no reason to suspect a nullifer. Here's the mission I suspect - 3) The Crime Syndicate is DEAD. DEAD I TELL YOU IT'S DEAD! Mixed. "Some low key Overlord-lovers wannabe actually want to become our minions," Chemista remarks. "Seems awfully nice of them. But they're humans. Can we trust humans?"

So since the heroes (as a whole or singly) can set traps, and have done so before without nullifer, is it likely that there's nullifer being used now?

Furthermore, would the heroes expect that our bastard half-sibling whom we may well have never met would be an excellent lure for us, and worthy of their (hopefully not infinite use) of nullifer?

Knighthowl might, he could be involved in this somehow, as an advisor or more.

Cheerie could.

I really doubt the heroes' involvement... but possible.  How about another new force we've not met or realized we met behind this?

In any case, I say ignores it.  You catch far more Incognitos without setting traps then by setting them - because we're not the sort to walk purposefully into traps like this, right?

If we do insist on going on this mission - send everything.  Utterly everything we can.  And expect WAR. I'm going to ask again.... this time, directly to you, shadeknight123 - Would you please confirm or correct this statement:  We are not able to send monsters on Control missions.

Doh, edited to add - lets do mission 2 instead.  Maybe mission 3.  I'd LOVE to upgrade the lair.  But I think that's bad to do twice in a row.... no one loves an inactive Overlord.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: September 27, 2013, 03:59:44 am »

Missions 1 and 3 appeal to me. Mission 1 most of all.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: September 27, 2013, 04:04:42 am »

Yup, that control mission seems like a trap. Besides, we don't have enough cogs or good mooks to bite the hook and win.

also we've spent our time doing control or destruction missions, time to make a mixed one for once.

So take 2 and 3. Psysquid+Snowstar on 3 with all the animals, hunter and 2 succubi, Gamington+Coghuahua on 2 with all the cogs, figurehead, 1 succubus, wraith, and the camerathing.

Lord Gamington live tonight at the concert! I'm sure he'll love it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:41:33 am by Naryar »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: September 27, 2013, 05:55:20 am »

Mission 1 is such a trap that you can stick it in a dress and all the guys will hit on it, but it looks like it could really bite us in the ass later if we do not do it.

But the problem is, can we? What is a special ability? Is succubi's seducton a special ability? Is Gamington spearing people a special ability? Is our cog-armour a special ability?

Does the nullifier also block out the abilities the forces of good may have? Does it block out the police's buddy system? If it does, there is a chance. But if it doesn't, there is no possible way we can survive fighting an army of SWAT with machineguns we doubtlessly encounter there.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: September 27, 2013, 06:29:14 am »

Mission 1 is such a trap that you can stick it in a dress and all the guys will hit on it, but it looks like it could really bite us in the ass later if we do not do it.

But the problem is, can we? What is a special ability? Is succubi's seducton a special ability? Is Gamington spearing people a special ability? Is our cog-armour a special ability?

Does the nullifier also block out the abilities the forces of good may have? Does it block out the police's buddy system? If it does, there is a chance. But if it doesn't, there is no possible way we can survive fighting an army of SWAT with machineguns we doubtlessly encounter there.

I think the abilities are like Gamington's Lance of Doom and Dancing Damage Away, plus those passive bonus for rolls like Chemista's +2 for Control missions (At least that's what the Wiki says... so I suppose it's right...http://eviloverlord.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Abilities). So I believe Psysquid would be able to lift garbage to throw at people, but would not get his +6 from "Psychic Unlimited Scrap Works" if there is lots of garbage around. The Police Buddy System and machine guns bonus is probably active even with a nullifier, since it's more a trained ability rather than a Superpower. The Heroes may be hindered though.

+1 mission 2 and 3 with the minions Naryar suggested.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 213