Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258374 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #765 on: September 03, 2013, 01:49:22 am »

1. We didn't.
2. No we didn't.

We probably were quite a terrible hero, if we were THE Hero.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 03, 2013, 01:53:24 am »

Not only was Knighthowl once our friend, he spared Lord Gamington.

This society might be corrupt, but we don't make it better by killing the one hero who's shown compassion.

We've been manipulated by Chemista since this started. Let's not give her the final victory by killing our former comrade while she watches.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 03, 2013, 01:56:46 am »

Not only was Knighthowl once our friend, he spared Lord Gamington.

This society might be corrupt, but we don't make it better by killing the one hero who's shown compassion.

We've been manipulated by Chemista since this started. Let's not give her the final victory by killing our former comrade while she watches.

Chemista has merely revealed us the truth. And Knighthowl, I believe, is not the person to let us be neutral. Besides, we really do not have the ability to choose a third option and run away. So I say we fight against the greater evil, the heroes.

Actually, we need to talk to Chemista about whether or not she ran away on purpose when Cerulean was captured. Talk really, really hard.

As for the ideals, well, when we were THE hero, we were probably obsessed with equality, democracy, justice and all the pompous shit all propaganda idols are obsessed with. And afterwards, we were fighting a society that hated us for what we were and did not exhibit any of the ideals we used to believe in.

Anyway, that speech was pure bullshit for the purpose of demoralising Knighthowl, the real reason we fight heroes is because we hate their guts for being even more evil than we are.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:08:13 am by Knit tie »

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 03, 2013, 02:04:36 am »

My view on the matter is that the past is irrelevant now, Incognito is Incognito now being brought back to the asylum is as good as death both for incognito and his former self.

I suspect Knighthowl will pull his punches a little in the vain hope that he can change our minds which gives us the edge. which is all that matters. When this is over make sure Chemista is clear on who is the overlord now, we can respect her calling herself the overlord for a tactical edge here. but she shall never do so again.

we fight against Knighthowl with Chemista on our side. When this is over we'll have a stern talk with our mentor.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 03, 2013, 02:06:08 am »

Like Cruelean, we're happier now.

Use what Chemista said as an awesome distraction.

Do try to take Knighthowl alive.  Soon, he'll be Wolfsbane, he just needs to be mutated to more clearly bring out his monstrous nature, and give him chance to be free from his false senses of right and wrong.

He belongs at our side, as does she.  So mote it be.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 03, 2013, 02:13:42 am »

"What?" that question is asked both by your shocked mouth

We really shouldn't be shocked by this. We first suspected Chemista might be playing memory games twenty eight pages ago, and a couple of us called this very specific scenario of us having been the hero.

Heroic Heroes bonus are on the +12 scale.
The Overlord/THE Hero are on the +14

Then why was Knighthowl getting +22, and why did we only get +8 even when we were Overlord+Chemista+Cerulean?

Who do you choose?

I think we need to find a way to take a third option

Unfortunately, Chemista is right. We've seen how the heroes act here. We've seen what they do in the asylum , and we've seen them make a show out of torturing children on television. I don't really want to go back to being one. I would like to get our memories back. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced that if we go with Knighthowl we won't end up with memory wiping just the same.

Sorry guys...I don't like either option. I propose we leave B-city. Thank Chemista for her revelation. Apologize to Knighthowl. Take Cerulean and retire in the Bahamas.

Live.

This is end-game. If we choose to be the Overlord, we continue to be a tool of Chemista's. If we choose to be the hero, we betray everyone we've come to know since she found us.

Take the third option.

+1. Leave this place far behind.

Go live somewhere nicer. if nowhere nicer can be found, live on a ship and spend the rest of our life sailing peacefully with Cerulean.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 03, 2013, 02:20:10 am »

"But I'm not going to let you run from this choice," she adds with a bitter and hollow laugh. "The Zeppelin is gone. There's Psysquid aboard, and whoever else managed to escape his slaughter," she eyes Knighthowl. "I'm leaving the call to you. Are you THE Hero...or are you Incognito [Ink], the Evil Overlord?"

We cannot run away. We have to choose between the two evils. I say we choose our manipulative brainwasher's side as she is the lesser one.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 03, 2013, 03:02:04 am »

"But I'm not going to let you run from this choice," she adds with a bitter and hollow laugh. "The Zeppelin is gone. There's Psysquid aboard, and whoever else managed to escape his slaughter," she eyes Knighthowl. "I'm leaving the call to you. Are you THE Hero...or are you Incognito [Ink], the Evil Overlord?"

We cannot run away. We have to choose between the two evils. I say we choose our manipulative brainwasher's side as she is the lesser one.

+1 And afterwards we will destroy the shattered remnant of the heroes association and take over the world!
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 03, 2013, 03:09:54 am »

Let's try to maintain peace for the moment. Argue with Knighthowl a bit.

After all, I don't believe the HEROES guild would do anything else than execute us. I mean, we ordered the death of a thousand civilians.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 03, 2013, 03:25:46 am »

Quote from: Chemista
"But I'm not going to let you run from this choice,"
We cannot run away.

Like 10ebbor10 pointed out, we have the submarine.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 03, 2013, 03:46:37 am »

And failing everything else, we can ride our beautiful giant catfish into the sunset.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 03, 2013, 03:52:20 am »

Quote from: Chemista
"But I'm not going to let you run from this choice,"
We cannot run away.

Like 10ebbor10 pointed out, we have the submarine.

It has no engine. We had two engines and three vehicles-two zeppelins and a submarine. Before resquing Cerulean we removed the engine  from the submarine and installed into a zeppelin, the one that Psysquid is escaping on.

Besides, do you honestly believe that the psycho wolf paladin will accept anything other than our surrender to the forces of good?

EDIT:Pretend that we are considering defecting to good. Say some bullshit about forgiveness and light. Imitate a psychological breakdown. Fall to our knees clutching our head. Knightwolf will then probably divert his attention to Chemista. Stab him in the back.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:04:56 am by Knit tie »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #777 on: September 03, 2013, 04:09:09 am »

"Did you do this on purpose?" you ask Chemista, keeping an eye out on Knighthowl. "Did you leave Cerulean to be captured only to force my hand in slaughtering innocents?"
"No," Chemista replies dryly. "I did not 'manipulate' you at all. You made your own choices. I just removed your past. Everything you did, every decision you took, you were the one who chose. I didn't do anything more than advise you, I didn't mind control you, force you or in any other way make you choose something. You did everything by yourself. So what if instead of being THE Hero, I told you that you were the Overlord? You did what you wanted, and I never had to do anything. When they captured Cerulean, you were the one who had no qualms killing people, destroying the city and even more to get her back. I shrugged it off if you recall. You asked, and I told you how to get her back...but the choice was yours. You slaughtered hundreds of innocents, killed thousands, to get back Cerulean...and you did all this out of your own volition, out of your own accord, out of Your. Own. Mind."
Then, she continues.
"You were the one who chose the easy way at the Asylum, not me. You could have tried kidnapping the girl. There was a risk of course, but you could have taken it. You chose to let me poison her, because it was quicker, faster, because it suited your purpose. Don't try and pin the blame of your misgivings on me boy. You did everything on your own. I didn't snap my fingers and order you around like a dog. I truly am done being an Overlord. You can have the title, you can have the power it entails, you can have the headaches it brings. I did bring Cerulean to safety didn't I? This doesn't concern her, or Psysquid, or the others. I made sure they all left before coming back here. This is about you, me and your past. Follow Knighthowl and I swear you will never see Cerulean or any of the others again for a long time. I will just have to train Cerulean in your place then. Become the Overlord and I will follow you to death and beyond, that much I swear."

"Silver," Knighthowl says then. "Heroes are inherently good. We fight for the many against the few. She's biasing your view of the world! Just because some heroes abuse their powers, doesn't mean all of them do! The Asylum keeps its patients sedated most of the time because it's a security measure! Do you know what a broken hero can do when his switch is triggered? I nearly killed an intern once! I know it sounds inhuman, but even normal people are kept sedated in mad houses...and a person who can create fireballs from the tip of his fingers MUST be knocked unconscious!" he points his sword at Chemista. "She could have taken the long and arduous journey of forgiveness, she could have tried to make those who spurned her see she was a good person. She didn't. She gave in to hatred and malice. She became a horrible monster that killed hundred of thousands before she was stopped. She doesn't care about anything but her revenge on humanity as a whole, you must see this for what it is!"

"Enough chattering, mutt," Chemista snarls.

"What if I don't want to choose?" you mutter back. "What if I just want to leave?"
"You are THE Hero," Knighthowl replies, "As long as you are, your duty is to defeat the Overlord. I will bring you back to the HEROES association by force if I have to."
"If you leave," Chemista states then, "IF you spit upon all the sacrifices the monsters, the cogs, everyone did up until this moment because you can't even choose between what is right and what is wrong...I will kill you."
"You manipulated me!" you snarl at Chemista, "And you want to bring me back to the Asylum!" you point at Knighthowl. "How can you think anyone sane of their minds would choose one of the two options?"

"If you follow Knighthowl, nothing will change," Chemista states plainly. "Heroes will keep on rising, people like me or Cerulean will keep on suffering. You heard her cries on tv didn't you? How many more do you think will happen if you refuse the post? How many more Cerulean, guilty of nothing but being monstrous, will suffer?"
"Every system has its mistakes," Knighthowl says, "But it is not by burning it down to ashes that you can change it." he adds, "Come with me, Silver. Once, I even considered you my son...please, do not force me to kill you."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 03, 2013, 04:09:12 am »

EDIT:Pretend that we are considering defecting to good. Say some bullshit about forgiveness and light. Imitate a psychological breakdown. Fall to our knees clutching our head. Knightwolf will then probably divert his attention to Chemista. Stab him in the back.

What, and lose the chance for an epic boss battle? I was looking forward to crushing him with our giant cog golem.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 03, 2013, 04:15:33 am »

4) Argue for more fluff

What is the difference between us and Cerulean. Why was she tortured, and about to be executed. After all, she was just as much a hero as we were. Our deeds are far more severe than hers.

Besides, the estabilished system doesn't make mistakes. It's rotten to the core, and we need to purify it before it collapses on itself. Just like a rotten wound needs to be cleansed before Gangreen sets in. Knighthowl knows it. He tried to change the system, and was exciled to the Asylum in spite of his efforts.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:20:44 am by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 213