Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258336 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #675 on: September 02, 2013, 09:05:53 am »

(Snowstar is already part-starfish.)

Greet everyone with relief that they're all alive. Declare that we're all going to have the next few days without missions, while everyone recovers and celebrates that they're still alive.

Cerulean can probably be promoted to Advisor-at-Ear, which is an advisor for all intents and purposes except combat. We are extremely happy with her performance at all other points apart from combat. She has proved she is loyal (she took those bullets for Chemista) and psychologically strong (they wouldn't be using those vipers if she had given in, they would be gloating at her weakness instead).

Let's get to that father-daughter time and teach her some cog-making, eh?

And get Chemista to make some cogs for us after she's fixed up Gamington's cog-parts. Out of each of their performances (Gamington managing to defeat 28 heroes, 8 police and 7 special forces, and Psysquid flawlessly rescuing Cerulean), she's the one who least needs some rest and relaxation.

No advisor rank for her. she forced us to break our standards to save her.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 02, 2013, 09:10:18 am »

Yeah, the maturity thing's a good point. Instead of making her Advisor-At-Ear, create a REALLY nice Staff of Evil as a reward for her loyalty and strength.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 02, 2013, 09:21:57 am »

Yeah, the maturity thing's a good point. Instead of making her Advisor-At-Ear, create a REALLY nice Staff of Evil as a reward for her loyalty and strength.

Yes in every way don't promote her just give her some time to rest. An is there a way we can get Lord gamington back quicker?

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #678 on: September 02, 2013, 09:26:53 am »

Yes in every way don't promote her just give her some time to rest. An is there a way we can get Lord gamington back quicker?
Give him magic dancing shoes?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 02, 2013, 09:44:19 am »

+1, also get her a bunny or something fluffly. She just lost her emotional anchor that was her succubus plushie. And tell Chemista to take it easy with her for a change. Kid has been through a lot.

And +1 for mutating Snowstar with a crab to make a regenerative-crabguy-of-doom-and-despair.
Edit: And yes, Chemista should repair Lord Gamington's biological parts (since she's the one who does that) and we should personally repair his cog parts (since we're good with cog-related stuff). And celebrate his success but monitor him secretly to see if he's not corrupted (He's the one of us that has higher Standards).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:48:52 am by Cattani »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 02, 2013, 09:53:53 am »

Anyway, we just murdered an entire city block, time to capitalize on that. The center of hero propaganda is down and their trust will be severely weakened. We must follow up on it, to prevent them from using this as one giant chop of propaganda. Start the release of the EVIL Vacation planner. A simple device that gives you nice suggestions of locations we won't attack.

Cerulean is in no position to go on outside missions for some time. She will be a giant target for all Hero activities. As in Kill on sight, not even capturing. Don't blame her for this, she's already extremely likely to suffer from her traumatic experiences, we don't want to break her.

On a side note, no cancelling missions for X days. If we have the chance to blow-up their memorial, we should do that. Amongst other things. Though I agree  we might want to focus on base improvements.

On that note, we had serious losses.

And +1 for mutating Snowstar with a crab to make a regenerative-crabguy-of-doom-and-despair.
Additional mutation has a significant change of death. Besides, we already had quite a few losses, we need to recover a bit.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #681 on: September 02, 2013, 10:07:33 am »

You head over to where your daughter is supposed to pass through and the moment she sees you she surfs quickly to tackle you in her goo-like arms and hug you, crying out loud for the first time.
"Good daughter," you whisper holding her close, "Good daughter."
"I was so scared!" she wails pitifully.
"It's over now, I got you back," you reply. "They aren't going to hurt you any longer."
"Thanks dad," she meekly whispers.
Chemista rolls her eyes, but says nothing.

She doesn't seem to have any trackers on, not that Chemista doesn't say she will check and then proceeds to carry Cerulean away for a 'talk'.

You then turn to Psysquid, who appears to be waiting for something.
"You did well Psysquid," you start.
"Can I get my string of insults, please?" he looks at you with pleading eyes, and you exhale.
Well, he did do an excellent job.
"YOU CALL THIS A JOB WELL DONE!? IT WAS FLAWLESS YOU SACK OF..."
"Yes! More! Insult me more!"
You actually fell your tongue dirty by the time you're done -considering Psysquid is quivering on the floor in apparent delight, you suppose you've done a good job.

You'll wait for Gamington to return and in the meantime, since you're in Downkeep and you can't re-build Cogs or summon minions for this turn, you take the time to think about how to go about building a staff of 'Evil' for Cerulean.
"SilGoo," the Golem says plainly looking at you. You stare back at it.
"SilGoo?"
"You're hungry?"
"SilGoo!" the thing nods.
"What do you eat?" you ask, slightly worried about it.
"SilGoo!" it points at some scraps laying around the floor.
"Oh, scraps? Sure, eat plenty."
"SilGoo!" happily, the 'thing' starts munching away.

You decide to tell everyone to take it easy, at least until Gamington returns.

You are now in Upkeep of the Next Day (Day 7?)

However, the moment you hear the zeppelin land, a furious howl soon follows.

"OVERLORD! I HAVE COME FOR YOUR HEAD!"

Did Knighthowl hijack the zeppelin?
Did the damn potheads not see a Heroic Hero hide in it?
Still, the fact remains.

Knighthowl is raiding your lair!

Lair Raiders and you! How to keep your porch clean!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 02, 2013, 10:13:05 am »

Oh, fuck

We should try to weaken him enough so that when he reaches us we can easily defeat him. Any ideas? Chemista can be used many times because of her liquify and flee ability (I think)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 02, 2013, 10:13:22 am »

hey it's Knighthowl! Go on the speaker and tell him you'll be right over with his freinds for a final showdown.

Guy i have an idea. After he's down and out decapitate him and trow the head out for fish to eat. Then use the rest of the body for EVIL experiments. Maybe we can put a minion in charge of his superior body and use it for our own purposes...like blowing up the army base.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 02, 2013, 10:15:01 am »

Fuse his body with a cog-minion?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 02, 2013, 10:23:41 am »

Don't desecrate the heroes body before he's death. Likely he's going to make a list minute escape.

We should've seen that one coming though. Luckily our airships don't have radio, so he can't have transmitted our position.  This does implicate that the potheads have been subverted, and Lord Gamington destroyed.

Anyway, here's a set up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note to self: Kidnap cloning equipment. I want genetic backups of our monsters, before we run out.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 02, 2013, 10:25:36 am »

NO NOT LORD GAMINGTON.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 02, 2013, 10:29:06 am »

Chemista and any leftover minions first. Then Psysquid, Snowstar and Fluffy. Then any leftovers and us. Get out our biggest, most dangerous weapon (Chemista MUST have had SOME sort of giant sword, right?) and our shard of glass, and wait in the room before the Throne Room.

"Greetings, Knighthowl. I must say, you must have been rather stealthy to get on the blimp. However, this is my lair, and I will not be allowing you to leave. Well, not alive, at least. Fortunately for you, your death shall be far quicker than Overlord Bob and his five-day burning-alive, and whatever else you've done to previous Overlords.
"Now, since you're here, Anti-Hero, we might as well talk. I haven't a clue what happened before this week, but from the redacted things in a book I read, something must have happened. I also presume that the 'THE hero' you wanted to avenge is somehow related to that happening. So, tell me. Who was THE hero, and happened to them?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 02, 2013, 10:56:49 am »

Psysquid should be in any room where there are scraps, so that he can use his ability.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 02, 2013, 11:05:56 am »

Finally read through the entire thread, and OH MY GOODNESS THE EPIC EVIL!!

Also, I sure as hell hope that Gamington somehow survived, he was my favourite advisor.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:37:54 am by sebcool »
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 213