Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258182 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #345 on: August 29, 2013, 12:18:30 pm »

So, then organize sacrificing ritual, make every minion standnearby if shit happens, and sacrifice cash.

EDIT: bolded for clarity

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 29, 2013, 12:23:34 pm »

I would just as soon wait on the sacrificing then. Next mission, regardless of what it is, we can simply have our adviser bring back some extra incidental hostages.

Would be curious to see if "sacrifice 10 humans" results in a stronger minion than "sacrifice 1 human."

Maybe we should be building holding cells. We're going to want  to keep making minions, not just do this as a one-time thing so regular, incidental kidnapping over time is probably preferable to going out of our way for it right now.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 29, 2013, 12:42:14 pm »

SACRIFICE THE TEDDY BEAR

After than, ask Cerulean if we can take a sample to see what happens when we use it in a ritual. Perhaps we get an adorable demon thing?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 29, 2013, 01:14:25 pm »

So, then organize sacrificing ritual, make every minion standnearby if shit happens, and sacrifice cash.
I'd rather use said cash for a permanent upgrade to our minion-o-matic. We really need better meatshields, rather than  a corporate lawyer of Evil.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 29, 2013, 01:15:34 pm »

I'd rather use said cash for a permanent upgrade to our minion-o-matic. We really need better meatshields, rather than  a corporate lawyer of Evil.
It's an inversion.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 29, 2013, 01:59:54 pm »

Shadenight, your game is absolutely superb and you have my undying gratitude for making it. :D   

I would like to humbly request to join it and, in the meantime, remind the existing players that we still have an uncorrupted scientist from Psysquid's bloodbath mission that we could possibly use to manufacture better cannon fodder. Or, you know, wrap him in cash and throw him into the abyss to summon the demonic equivalent of a Monsanto executive.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 29, 2013, 02:01:35 pm »

On the note of what to sacrifice, we always have that shard of glass if we really need a powerhouse - the link to the mysterious past.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 29, 2013, 02:02:42 pm »

MY SHARD OF GLASS HISSSSSSSSSSS

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 29, 2013, 02:10:06 pm »

Actually, do we have to do a mission each turn, or can we do something else like designing weapons for our cogs or bolting a death ray onto our lair?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 29, 2013, 02:12:45 pm »

Actually, do we have to do a mission each turn, or can we do something else like designing weapons for our cogs or bolting a death ray onto our lair?
We can do a mission, or upgrade the base. But not both.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #355 on: August 29, 2013, 02:14:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You decide to err on the side of caution. With your entire 'staff' assembled, you near your SAD system and take out a bundle of money. You have wagon loads of the stuff, so one bundle isn't going to change your meaning of life.
You know that as far as wealth goes, it is supposedly the Wealth of the object. Is green stamped paper worth something?

Still, it has been taking dust in your lair for a bit, all this money.

You then cough and start pronouncing the words to summon forth, well, something while wielding your Dark Rosario.

"I CALL THEE FORTH, SPIRIT BOUND BY MONEY! I CALL THEE FROM THE ABYSS, THE BEYOND, THE BENEATH AND THE ABOVE! ANSWER THE CALL OF OVERLORD INCOGNITO!"

There's a bright flash of light, a wave of dark malevolence and then...

"Oink!" it's a sort of...metallic sound.
"Oink!"
You look, half-expecting something majestic and grand.
"Oink!"
You lower your gaze.
"OINK!"
You look further down.
It's a Piggy Bank.
A very small, cute, metallic Piggy Bank.
"IS that a Dark Minion Material?" you mouth towards Chemista, who nods.
"Well, it does have abilities, I suppose..." she replies. "Maybe...Control? Certainly not Destruction. I mean...it's a metallic Piggy Bank...and it's the size of a cat."
"Aw...he's cute!" Cerulean states then. "You think it does something special?"
Gamington prepares his cane-lance. "You wish for me to try and test its mettle, your Evilness?"

The metallic piglet oinks, and then narrows his eyes on you.
You thrust the Dark Rosario forward.
"I BIND YOU TO MY NAME, INCOGNITO!"

The piglet oinks in approval, and then wobbles forth towards your feet. "Oink!"

Well, for this day you're done summoning stuff.

Tomorrow, at Upkeep, you'll try with sacrificing a Teddy Bear to SAD and see what happens.

Resources Acquired: 1 Dark Minion: Steel Piggybank

Do you let Gamington test the Dark Minion? Considering how it might end up destroyed during the test...

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 29, 2013, 02:16:53 pm »

No testing.

And I vote for guardian cogs.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 29, 2013, 02:19:48 pm »

2 (Steel Will)

We know it has at least one ability. Gamington probably isn't the adviser to handle this. We want to "see what it does" test it. Not "smash it" test it. We're a control overlord, not a destruction overlord. Things cn be useful even with no combat ability. Maybe it multiplies objects put inside it or something.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 29, 2013, 02:23:41 pm »

A metallic pig toy? Now this thing either has some hidden abilities or paper money is seriously unappreciated in hell.  Perhaps we should buy gold with our loads of cash and sacrifice it insead. Or buy a brothel worth of wenches and a truckload of wrenches and get Cerulean a replacement mommy.

As for the turn, my inner dorf is saying that we should start a mining program and begin the guardian cog project, except with additional steampunk gatling guns - our normal mooks are little more than walking scrapyards. Also, corrupt the scientist, perhaps with excessive bribes.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 29, 2013, 02:26:31 pm »

We can just break the scientist, no need for bribes. He will be staying with us, with a lot of luxury items already.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 213