Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258158 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #315 on: August 29, 2013, 03:16:44 am »

It's already glorious.  That's why you have so many pages to read.  We love this thread and your work!  We're very happy, even when we're not.   8)

I have a really bad feeling about this set of missions.

Lets go with 1, because it had low risks before, and hopefully low risks still.  Lets send Lord G with the full complement of cogs (like we have any other choices).
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 29, 2013, 03:28:16 am »

1. Parallel missions, remember?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #317 on: August 29, 2013, 04:30:33 am »

Team Choice

"Well, all right then your Overlordness..."
"I want to go too," Cerulean says then, slowly entering the room. "Please? I can be the nicest side-kick ever...but I want to go too," she looks at you even as Chemista rolls her eyes.
Lord Gamington waits your words before saying anything, and Psysquid remains in a corner, quiet.

Do you make Cerulean Gamington's side-kick for this mission (1)?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 29, 2013, 04:32:03 am »

Sure. Get the succubi thing out of her system. The experience will do her good.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 29, 2013, 04:54:00 am »

More XP for the sidekick!
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 29, 2013, 05:32:17 am »

"As long as you can deal with Lord Gamington's antics, I don't see a reason to keep you here. You have permission."

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #321 on: August 29, 2013, 05:48:54 am »

From the lab equipment, did we got any wrench's? We might be able to find A teenage wench on the bus, bring her back and summon :P
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2013, 05:55:25 am »

Voting for one, with Gamington and Cerulean.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #323 on: August 29, 2013, 07:27:20 am »

Cerulean's eyes light up as you agree, and she then slinks to move next to Lord Gamington.
"Let us Dance, Dance to the rhythm then!" he claps his hands. "Power to the COGS!"
And with that he and the rest of the Cog-Minions depart.
"Cog-Cog-Cog!"

Enjoy the Carnage

"So, what's the plan?" Cerulean asks hesitantly to Gamington, who maneuvers the Zeppelin all the way to the Super-Steam Market. Big and wide pipes of steam erupt from the massive altar of consumerism known to everyone as THE SUPERMARKET. It is, after all, SUPER.
"Plan?" Gamington cogs his head to the side. You got that? Not 'Cocks' but 'Cogs'.
He waits for a moment. Then sighs. "No Succubus to bring the dirty joke further..." shaking his head, he returns to his business of guiding the zeppelin.
"COG MINIONS!" he roars, shaking Cerulean out of her perplexity. She wasn't understanding the joke at all.
"Cog-Cog-Compute!"
"We shall know no Error! Computing by Zero shall be our pledge!"
"COG! COG! Error Thirty-Two bzzt! Cog!"
Then he looks at Cerulean, who hesitantly tries... "Hur...rah?" timidly raising her right goo-fist up.
"HURRAH! BEGIN ORBITAL DEPLOYMENT!"
"Orbital...deployment?" Cerulean hungs her head low. Next time, she'd remain at home.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gamington then parks the zeppelin and rolls towards the Super-steam market. His dark minions and Cerulean follow him, as he carefully makes his way past the sliding doors, grabs a supermarket steam charriot, and then begins to use it along the rails of the innerworking market to pick at whatever stuff he needs from the aisles as the carriage goes on.
Whistling.
Cerulean looks around wide-eyed. "Is this a trainyard?"
"No, it's a Super-Steam-Market! You sit on the charriot, grab what you need, and follow the rails! No time wasting! No stupid crying kids heard over the whistling of steam! Everything is cheap! Everything is available!"
"Ah..." she moves her hand out like a whip and grabs a package of sweets. She then slightly blushes when Gamington stares at her. "I like these..." she whispers. "I can pay it!"
Gamington shakes his head. "Keep it! We're here for...aha! Engine rail, here we come!"
That said, he grabs a few more boxes of the same mark of Sweets that Cerulean seems to like. Just for testing purposes, of course.
"Are you all ready to dance with me, Cog-Minions!?" he roars as soon as he leaves the charriot. The cog minions nod.
"GO FORTH!"
And with that, they start running around sowing chaos and grabbing what they need.
"You four!" he points at a family. "START DANCING OR I WILL POKE YOU WITH MY CANE TO DEATH!"
The terrorized family starts dancing...well, 'trembling with style' is more apt a method.
"I AM LORD GAMINGTON! DANCER EXTRAORDINAIRE!" he then turns and winks to Cerulean. "You must always make them scared out of their mind, so they won't..."
"STOP RIGHT THERE!"
A man wearing...a red cape, and a pair of boxers...appears suddenly in the middle of the corridor. He has a bright red B made of his chest-air, and he laughs out loud.
"I AM BOXER-MAN! Guardian of the Lingerie Shelf! My manliness knows no bound!"
"There's a kid in here!" Gamington snarls pointing to Cerulean. "Go elsewhere!"
"She's a monster, we all know monsters don't count," the man scoffs off, waving the argument away and standing in his battle position.
"Now, bring it on!" he roars charging forth.
"I'll Give you 'monsters don't count'!" Gamington retorts.

The Cog Minions scratch the Underwear Box-wearing scandal, before Cerulean charges ahead slapping him angrily with her Goo-like whip-limb. Finally, Lord Gamington stabs him a bit.
It's not enough, but it's good to draw first blood.

"Now you made me mad! BOXER POWERS, ACTIVATE!" his cape starts to flutter behind him, as twin red gloves appear over his hands. "I am BOXER-MAN! ONE SHOT K.O!"

Gamington dances gracefully, making a pirouette while holding everyone else around him and thus dodging the blow completely.
"We are the Cogs! We dance with mechanical Grace! COMPUTATION ATTACK!"

The Cog-Minions spin wildly forward, their cog-like arms and bodies showing off rust-filled bits to scratch at Boxer-Men.
"LET THE POWER OF TETANUS SHOW YOU THE WAY TO SUFFERING!" Gamington cackles madly, before thrusting his lance forth and nicking away a mustache from the enemy Boxer.
Cerulean scribbles down behind him.

"I shall never be defeated!" Boxer-Man is wounded, but he still stands...gurgling blood out of his mouth, he exhales. "Very Well then! Let this be my brightest hour! BURNING GLOVES OF SELF-DESTRUCTION!"

The attack pushes through the Dance-Dance defense, but all that it does is take down two Cog-Minions who were too slow to properly follow the Rhythm.
Then the Stupid Hero gurgles and falls down on his knees.
Gamington knocks him out cold and snorts.
"Stupid Hero, why you so stupid?"
He looks at the remaining minions. "Let's wrap it up, minions!"
"Cog. Cog."
Cerulean slowly slides forward until Gamington is out of sight looking elsewhere...
And then she suffocates the Boxer-Man, making sure to dissolve his entire head...just to be on the safe side.
"The only good hero is the dead one," she then spits on the body, before surfing forward to catch up with Gamington.
"Everything all right?" he asks, looking at her arrive slightly late.
"Yeah...something I ate made me feel sick..." she replies looking sideways.
"Oh! Right! Dance the pain away then!" he then swings his metallic hips to the side, before handing over a sweet. "Here, let's do something evil and spoil our stomach before dinner."
"Oh..." Cerulean takes the candy, before smiling warmly. "Thanks Uncle Gamington."
"Dance-Dance, to the Rhythm!" he bellows then to a scared family. The mother holds the children -a little girl- close to her, shielding her from the Cog-Minions ravaging through the shelves.
Cerulean nears them quietly, still holding on to the sweet Gamington gave her.
"Here," she offers it towards the little girl. She tries to smile. "We'll be on our way soon...nothing to be scared of..."
"Stay away!" the mother slaps the candy out of Cerulean's hand, but as she does so her wrist remains attached. Cerulean just smiles.
"You shouldn't have done that."

Afterwards, there are only Goo-filled clothes on the floor and a wide-eyed kid that Cerulean gently pats on her head. "There you go. Now wait here and don't make a sound, kay? Good. Good Kid."
Then she turns and leaves. The candy remains on the floor. Covered in goo...and dried bits of blood.

Weather the Storm

"Hello John, how are things down there at the SUPER-STEAM-MARKET?" the newscaster asks with his usual bright smile.
"It's a massacre Jacob!" John replies screaming. "Boxer-Man was killed! A person is missing! It appears Lord Gamington -that is the name of the monster- has attacked the mall with his Cog-Minions, and a Goo-Girl! Those monsters then made away with..."
"WHY NOT!?" Cerulean's yell reach your ears as you stand up from your throne, and make your way towards the Cargo Bay. You should maybe invest in echo-less walls...or sound-proof piping.
"What you did goes against the ethic of the Dance-Dance! We have Standards!"
"Our Standards involve mutating people!"
"They don't involve cold-blooded murder! It. Does. Not. Compute!"
"The man was a hero! He'd stand back up and kill us eventually! Better to see him dead than back!"
"Still, we have Standards! STANDARDS!"

You finally reach the hangar. Indeed, Gamington is actually not dancing, but pointing his cane at Cerulean who instead is angrily bubbling. When you arrive, they both turn to you.
"DAD!" Cerulean says suddenly. "I'm not wrong, right?"
"Don't call the Overlord in such a familiar way, girl!" Gamington retorts. "He is the Supreme Evilness of Overlordness! He is King Overlord, no, Emperor Overlord...he is Super-Evil-Mega-Lord Overlord!"
"Dad..." she makes wide-doe like eyes. "I didn't do anything wrong, right?"

Think of a Solution.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 29, 2013, 07:34:41 am »

Tell her she should have brought him back so he could have suffered, but she did alright for her first try.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 29, 2013, 07:54:42 am »

"For your first mission, you did alright. You handled it efficiently and effectively. However, you must make sure not to be Too Evil, as unnecessary deaths make us a more obvious target for the heroes, which is not wanted. Every hero is different, and there are a few types that only kill what they view as Complete Monsters. Try not to dissolve random bystanders next time, even if they insult you. Random killing is only acceptable during self-defence or vengeance."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 29, 2013, 07:55:08 am »

"For your first mission, you did alright. You handled it efficiently and effectively. However, you must make sure not to be Too Evil, as unnecessary deaths make us a more obvious target for the heroes, which is not wanted. Every hero is different, and there are a few types that only kill what they view as Complete Monsters. Try not to dissolve random bystanders next time, even if they insult you. Random killing is only acceptable during self-defence or vengeance."
+1

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 29, 2013, 08:55:47 am »

D'awww. She called us dad! I'm totally biased right now so I say we give her a gift!

Daddy's lil monster...
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 29, 2013, 09:58:06 am »

+1
Plus another 1!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 29, 2013, 10:00:55 am »

Cereulem next time please don't kill random civilians and as far as hero's...capture them or leave them we need mutations not murders in our hands. Superheroes that love blood
will be after us and i don't want an all out world with you.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 213