Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258170 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #330 on: August 29, 2013, 10:24:00 am »

We don't kill heroes unless we can't convert them or killing them somehow accomplishes the mission or improves results. I we did, you would never have become a part of our "family". The person you killed could have been converted and killing him was neither necessary for the mission nor did it improve results.

We don't remember our past because we have no past... We don't just make machines, we are a machine! The most advanced cyborg of all time mwahahaha.

I don't actually want to mess with the gm's backstory, just making wild guesses.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:25:48 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 29, 2013, 10:36:16 am »

Hug Cerulean and give her affection.

Explain to her that she was angry and she killed in anger...and that's a path that leads to loss of self control. We understand why she did it. But emotions should enhance one's life, not control you. Sometimes killing is necessary. But it's unwise, unhealthy, and ultimately self destructive to allow your emotions to lead you around like a dog on a leash. Revenge might feel good, and maybe it was something that she needed to do, for herself. But ultimately there is no profit in revenge.

Do not twist any knives into her heart in order to manipulate her a raging rampage of anger and vengeance.

Also, be sure she understands that because we love her, that will make her a target of people who want to hurt the Overlord, and so she will need to keep an eye out on herself and make sure that nobody kidnaps her. Let her figure out on her own later on that we stealth-implied that we love her.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 29, 2013, 10:41:49 am »

Make sure she knows only to kill heroes that are a threat to her life. Boxer Man clearly treated her as sub-human, so he's fair game, but if a hero is frozen in fear or begging for mercy, we should show them mercy. We should never be on lower moral ground, in regards to human life, than our enemies.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2013, 10:50:11 am »

Commentary: there's a possibility that I think we need to be aware of.

Chemista
You should start remembering she was an Evil Overlordess herself...and by 'Evil' you know she was practically a mind-raper.

"Yes, but you could have found some other way. Right?"
"I trusted no one," she replied. "I only used Mindium-Controlled subjects, and that reason is personal, Overlord. I don't ask you about your past, do I?"
She does have a point.

Especially because you don't remember it to begin with.

You smile and close the video. Then you turn your gaze to the broken shard of silver gently held by mechanical hands on the corner of your desk.
That is your own baggage.
The only thing you had on your person when Chemista found you, lost and amnesiac, in the middle of the sea drifting...and dressed like some sort of Clown with the billowing robes and the Cog-like mask.

I like Chemista. I want her to be on our side. I really hope that she is and that the official story is accurate. But the possibility exists that the entire premise of this forum game is that Chemista has been pulling our strings from day one.

I advise that we take no overt action....but be aware of the possibility...and observe closely. Lets not scrutinize so much that we make it happen. But if it turns out to be true...let's not be caught off-guard by it. Maybe it will turn out that her secret reason for giving up being an Overlord was that she found herself emotionally attached to her minions and couldn't keep watching them die. Maybe. Her reaction to being given Cerulean was certainly joyful.

I'd like us to all be one big happy (evil) family. But let's make sure there's no surprise checkmate from Chemista at endgame.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2013, 10:57:14 am »

"Did I make you proud?" Cerulean asks, her head perking up. Lord Gamington watches the scene quietly, except for the ticking of his inner cogs.
"Yes, but that is beyond the point," you retort, rolling your eyes. "Remember my words: don't kill if you can avoid it. We don't want the heroes knocking at our doorstep."
"Why not? I'll deal with them!" Cerulean brings up her right goo-like arm. "I'm strong!"
"You're still too young," you ruffle her hair. At least, all you manage is to 'garble' her upper side of the face since she's a goo-girl, but she gets the message.
"And you killed in anger, which is bad. You must never let your emotions control you, you must control your emotions."
"But heroes killed mother," Cerulean whispers. "And they want to kill you too."
"I am the Overlord," you reply smoothly. "Nothing in this world can kill me. Trust me on this, it's an Evil Overlord's word we're talking about." You then narrow your eyes and get down to her eye-level. "Listen, a lot of people will want to hurt you because of me, because of what I am or what we are. Heroes, Policemen, Security Guards, Military, Special Forces, Good Side-Kicks, and so on...you mustn't let them rile you up. You must be the...better person, understood? If they wish to kill you, if they treat you horribly, then fight and defeat them, but... We are Evil...we aren't Cruel. You must learn the difference."
She nods meekly, before surfing off to give the news to Chemista, probably.
"Your Overlordness," Gamington says then, "I understand you wish to be soft on her, but we have Standards for a reason. I'd rather not have her as my side-kick again. What she did was needlessly cruel, and I do not wish to risk having her at my side again. I may be Evil, but I am not a monster." his eyes shine for a bit as he says that, "That is reserved to the Heroes."
Then he smiles and claps his hands. "Anyway! Let us go BREAK-DANCING! Dance! Dance, Dance!" swaying his hips, Gamington dances out of the hangar bay.

Resources acquired: Random Supermarket Junk. Steam Engine.

You are now in Downkeep
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 29, 2013, 11:01:46 am »

Acknowledge Gamington's request. We will attempt to accommodate it.

Use the engine to build a second zeppelin.

Attempt to re-summon our succubi. I understand that we have an excellent (evil) health care policy. Ressurections/resummons when possible seems a good way to implement it.

Also...attempt to locate the child that Cerulean turned into an orphan. It will need to be executed. That's a "grew up to be a hero" setup if I ever saw one.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2013, 11:08:17 am »

No building seccond zeppelin yet. We have a submarine, remember? And we may be able to use those catfishes and squidconda in sea missions.

Quote from: GM
Summon a Succubus' works as long as you know you need the blood of a woman for it. to summon a Hydraulic Succubus, you need a Wrench coated in the blood of a Wench.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #337 on: August 29, 2013, 11:17:50 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You give the order to start building a second Zeppelin and a second submarine. They will be done by next turn.

You walk towards the pile of random supermarket junk, and then look at the pentagonal ritualistic Summon-A-Dark. Also known as SAD.
It can summon Dark-Minions of various types and forms, depending on the items sacrificed upon the altar in the middle of the pentagram.

Sacrificing Stuff and you!

You have no idea where to start looking for the possibly extremely traumatized child. Until you realize he will probably be in the Asylum.
That might require a mission to get to him, if he isn't in the hospital. Even then, if he is in the Hospital, that too might require a mission...ah, decisions, decisions.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 29, 2013, 11:21:20 am »

Let's try and make some Squidcogs!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 29, 2013, 11:24:39 am »

How about squidconda cogs? And goo cogs.
maybe we should just line up a load of cogs and inject them with any mutagen we can get our hands on.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 29, 2013, 11:25:52 am »

Blood of a women? do we need like all of a human females blood or just parts of it?

Way i see it we could squeeze her when we need sucubi for the base and then let her rest.

Traumitised children live in the cold unforgiving streets where they have to fight to survive and then get thrown in juvie for surviving.

EDIT: what tom said down their but can we possibly capture a female cop, military personel, anyother "strong females" from society for this experiment? I want our sucubi to take more of a punch see?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:29:16 am by 3man75 »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 29, 2013, 11:26:52 am »

How about squidconda cogs? And goo cogs.
maybe we should just line up a load of cogs and inject them with any mutagen we can get our hands on.
Problems:
1) Cogs are mechanical, they don't have DNA to mannipulate.
2) We need living stuff to mix with them in order to make that work otherwise.
3) We already have enough regarding squids.

Also, we could just kidnap a wench to summon more succubi, right?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #342 on: August 29, 2013, 12:11:56 pm »

You bring your minions back to ten, just to be on the safe side.
Then, you decide to wait the next day and see if there are any kidnapping missions available.
The final question remains thus as follows...

Do you try to summon something? And if so...what do you 'Sacrifice' that you have?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 29, 2013, 12:14:21 pm »

No, don't try to sacrifice anything, yet. DO we even have something to sacrifice?

Suggestion: tame squidsnake/squidconda. Maybe we can use it in a new underwater mission.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #344 on: August 29, 2013, 12:15:32 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 213