Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City  (Read 29084 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City
« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2013, 04:41:58 am »

Sam just shrugs.

" THey killed our family, we will kill them but my death is not part of the plan.

I'm a patient man. Anything we can do to help you in exchange for your hospitslity?
"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 01:10:36 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2013, 10:49:58 pm »

"We not charging, we are going to find a place to call home, get weapons, allies and plans. Then we charge to their death."

"Well, you won't be planning anything around these parts. We're on the Clerics' good side, and we intend to keep it that way. Can't have you guys plotting something while under our roofs," she says with a neutral tone.

"Well, let's not be too hasty, Witt. These guys just lost everything to the Clerics. We can at least give 'em some good ol' fashioned Ghost Town hospitality for a bit, 'till they recover." The woman doesn't respond to that.

Sam just shrugs.

" THey killed our family, we will kill them but my death is not part of the plan.

I'm a patient man. Anything we can do to help you in exchange for your hospitslity?
"

"Depends. What can you do? We could use a man or two in the towers. Or if any of you can cook at all, that'd be useful. If you stick around for a while, we might bring you along for a little raid. That'll teach you a bit about the wasteland." That sounds a little like an invitation to stay, but her tone makes it ambiguous.

I'm not charging to my death foolishly. Actually, I plan on blowing their place up with some big explosives. Have you got any gundpowder or silver fulminate around?

She ignores your request.

"We don't got anything like that. You'd have to go to a factory, or the city or something," Brakes puts in, attracting a mean glare from Witt.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2013, 05:23:44 am »

"I can't cook, but I'm a psychologist. Can't imagined that ghouls have good mental health with your bodies decaying. I'm also good in close combat."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2013, 11:09:17 pm »

"I'm pretty good with guns, I guess... And I have some skills that might be useful as far as cooking goes."
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2013, 11:39:17 pm »

"I can't cook, but I'm a psychologist. Can't imagined that ghouls have good mental health with your bodies decaying. I'm also good in close combat."

"A shrink? I thought saw the end of your kind when the bombs fell. I don't think anybody around here wants their minds picked, 'specially by a stranger. You could ask around, though."

Well, if I can't blow them up, I might as well stay here. Do tell me, how well defended is your "Ghost Town"? I can help you set up some traps and defenses.

"I don't want you thinkin' you're gonna stay here for too long. We already got one smoothskin squatter, we don't want any more."

"Hold on a sec. What can you make us, exactly?" Brakes puts in eagerly.

"I'm pretty good with guns, I guess... And I have some skills that might be useful as far as cooking goes."

"We need guns more than we need cooks. If you could stand guard, or at least be a spotter in the towers, that's help out."

"Here, why don't we continue this little talk inside. I almost got eaten by a yao today. Being scared to death really takes it out of you. Meet me over there, in the commons," With that, the ghoul heads to the bigger building near the centre of the settlement, motioning the group to follow along. However, Witt stands in your path.

"Don't get any funny ideas. I'm letting you stay here out of pity, don't make me regret my decision to let you roam the town freely. If you give me reason to suspect you of stealing something, breaking something, doing anything that might piss me off, I'll have your weapons confiscated and send you out on your own. And that's if I'm feeling generous," she threatens, ever neutral. She turns and heads down the street, allowing the group to do what they will.

"I don't think I can stand being around these freaks. We should just leave," Janice whispers.

"I'm close to agreeing. What if these... ghouls aren't right in the head? What if they kill us in our sleep and take our equipment?" Daniels says in a hushed tone. Hobbes stays silent, ghostly pale.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2013, 02:43:49 am »

"I don't think I can stand being around these freaks. We should just leave," Janice whispers.

"I'm close to agreeing. What if these... ghouls aren't right in the head? What if they kill us in our sleep and take our equipment?" Daniels says in a hushed tone. Hobbes stays silent, ghostly pale.
"Janice, I'm sure we look like freaks to them as well so shh, please. And Daniels...I'll let Sam take that question."

Wanderer the town for problems
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2013, 07:22:39 am »

Sam looks at Daniels in dissapointment for a moment.

"Obviously we sleep together and 2 people stand guard at a time. Calm down Daniels."

It's only as he speaks that it becomes obvious Sam is straining not to blink and wincing every time he fails.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2013, 05:52:25 pm »

"Janice, I've got to be honest here, you can go ahead and leave to do whatever you want to, but I'm not even going to consider goin' along with you. This place is, in my mind our best option for surviving out here and later on down the road, taking out the bastards that attacked the vault.
All I'm saying is, they've given us a chance, and I know I'm not going to go and squander it."

Francis turns his head slightly towards Daniels.

"I get the need for cautiousness, but that's no reason to leave the place. And as Sam said, we can keep guard during the nights."
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2013, 09:57:00 pm »

"Janice, I'm sure we look like freaks to them as well so shh, please. And Daniels...I'll let Sam take that question."

Wanderer the town for problems

I'm not sure what problems you're looking for, but there are sure to be some around here.

You wander around a bit, past the commons, until you come upon a group of ghouls standing around an old generator attached to the side of a building. They're talking among themselves quietly. That is, until the generator makes a loud pop sound and sends one of the ghoul into a flurry of curses. Maybe you could help out?

Sam looks at Daniels in dissapointment for a moment.

"Obviously we sleep together and 2 people stand guard at a time. Calm down Daniels."

It's only as he speaks that it becomes obvious Sam is straining not to blink and wincing every time he fails.

"I'm calm... I'm fine, just being cautious here," Daniels says, agitated.

"Janice, I've got to be honest here, you can go ahead and leave to do whatever you want to, but I'm not even going to consider goin' along with you. This place is, in my mind our best option for surviving out here and later on down the road, taking out the bastards that attacked the vault.
All I'm saying is, they've given us a chance, and I know I'm not going to go and squander it."

Francis turns his head slightly towards Daniels.

"I get the need for cautiousness, but that's no reason to leave the place. And as Sam said, we can keep guard during the nights."

Janice doesn't respond, she just gives you a sour look.

"Okay, we'll keep watch. That sounds good."

Follow the Ghouls.

The group, minus Clair, heads into the large building that Brakes hurried off to. As you walk down the street you pass ghouls that give you passing glances of guarded suspicion. None of them stop you, or even interact with you. They just go about their lives.

The buildings are much the same as on the outskirts, boarded up and partially repaired. Some of them even have their old signs. Pizza Lad, Electronics Ba-dum, Barton Dry Press, all artifacts of a lost age. Soon, you reach your destination, a building with a worn out sign depicting someone rollerskating. You enter to find a large rollerskating rink covered in tables and shelves. Several ghouls are already here, talking and eating. Brakes waves you over to a table near the centre of the room.

"Don't mind Witt. She's the isolationist type, ya see. I'll see what I can do about keeping you guys around for a bit... Hey, I bet you got a buch of questions for me. You know, about the wasteland and such. Lay 'em on me."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2013, 10:48:15 pm »

" Where can we find bigger guns and people who can help us deal with those Clerics? "
Caine's law.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2013, 12:11:07 am »

" Where can we find bigger guns and people who can help us deal with those Clerics? "

"Bigger guns? Well, there's plenty of those in the AC, but you'll have to take 'em from their owners. And, uh, I think I have just the thing..." Brakes makes a big deal out of getting up out of his seat, and proceeds to climb up on top of the table.

"Hey everyone! How many of you have friends that were killed by the Clerics?" he calls to the general group. Most of the ghouls in the rink absentmindedly raise their hands while carrying on with their conversations. "Thanks! And, uh, if you're here Gaze, come on over!" The ghould then jumps down from his spot and back into his seat. "So, the bottom line is, everyone hates the Clerics, but no one has the manpower to take them out... Well, that isn't completely true. I guess the Brotherhood could kill them. But that'd be playing with fire. Or one of the bigger mercenary groups. Though they'd want something good in return.

"You see, the Clerics are all about killing everyone they deem 'sinful'. They think the bombs falling was some divine apocalypse, and everyone left behind is a sinner. Well, ghouls don't count, for some reason. But most other folk are fair game. They especially hate vault people, for avoiding the apocalypse. Yessa or Yushu or something, their leader, he has sixteen generals. He calls them 'apostles', but most other folk just call them 'Prusy Warlords'...

"But I'm rambling. You'll have to find people who hate the Clerics enough to go after them. You won't have to look hard. Convincing them to join you is a whole other bag of bananas."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2013, 12:45:39 am »

" Whats this AC? How about you? Wanna help us deal with them before they decide you'd all make good target practice? Or do you know of anybody else here who hates them enough to come with me? "
Caine's law.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2013, 01:12:07 am »

A chair scrapes against the rink's surface a few tables away as a thin, unkempt-looking man gets to his feet with a sigh.
Still holding a battered tin plate bearing something resembling food in one hand, he slouches over towards the group's table.
"Yeah, Brakes, what is--" he grumbles, then trails off as he takes a second glance at the vault dwellers. He might not look like much, but he does share one thing with the newcomers-- that is, skin. He raises an eyebrow at Brakes, his curiosity evidently piqued.

"Okay, I'll bite. What's the deal?"

>Inspect the group Brakes is sitting with.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2013, 01:44:49 am »

" The clerics destroyed our vault, we're whats left. We found your friend and he brought us back here. We want to make allies, get better weapons then destroy the clerics. Know anyone who'd like to help? "
Caine's law.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2013, 01:45:44 am »

" Whats this AC? How about you? Wanna help us deal with them before they decide you'd all make good target practice? Or do you know of anybody else here who hates them enough to come with me? "

"The AC is Arsenal City. What they called Detroit back before the bombs. That's because it was the 'Arsenal of Democracy'. They built weapons, tanks, war stuff here. East of here, but very dangerous. Bunch of cultists and factions fight over territory 'round there.

"And I don't much like the idea of fighting them, myself. Too risky. 'Specially since they treat us better than most o' the wastelanders. Pretty cushy deal, I think. As for potential friends, I'd like to introduce you to this guy right here."
he says, pointing to the human man that just walked up to the group.

"Okay, I'll bite. What's the deal?"

>Inspect the group Brakes is sitting with.

You see a couple of weary souls wearing vault jumpsuits. A young woman, two cops, some kid, a woman with some muscle going on, a shady looking fellow, an even shadier looking fellow, and a woman with a laser pistol.

"You know how you're bumming around here? These guys are here to take you away. they got a thing going on with the Clerics. Killed their whole vault. They want revenge. Sounds like they could use a hardened, experiences, loyal, professional, great, fabulous, fantastic merc like yourself." He begins to play with a bottle cap.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25