Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City  (Read 29078 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City
« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2013, 03:35:00 pm »

" Standard rules of survival.

Shelter and clean water first.
Food and protection second.

We have protection and nothing else so we need to find a water source then follow it until we have a way of carrying water with it.
"
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 08, 2013, 03:37:02 pm »

"Well, there seems to be civilization. I have a few stimpaks on me, we could use that to trade for shelter and food. There might be mutants near water sources and forests, and we shouldn't be wasting bullets... Who knows how much ammo we can spend before we run out of it entirely?"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 08, 2013, 03:37:40 pm »

I have to agree with our security man here, but by the same reasoning we should try to find civilization, I would think that most useable water sources would have at least small settlements around them
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 08, 2013, 03:40:17 pm »

"Good point, Rachelle. With that, I think one of us should look out for a vantage point and note all the potential settlements and water sources in the area. You know, I think I could rig our pipboys to use the surplus speakers as microphones, then if I reprogrammed some of the radio functions and rekajiggered the tubes, then we'd have a radio system so we wouldn't lose each other."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 03:43:36 pm by Fniff »

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2013, 04:32:50 pm »

"Good point, Rachelle. With that, I think one of us should look out for a vantage point and note all the potential settlements and water sources in the area. You know, I think I could rig our pipboys to use the surplus speakers as microphones, then if I reprogrammed some of the radio functions and rekajiggered the tubes, then we'd have a radio system so we wouldn't lose each other."

"I think... I can do that. I'll climb up onto this outcropping... Maybe I'll get a good look at what's over the forest..." Hobbes says as he takes the initiative to climb up the rock wall housing the vault cave. While he climbs, Janice chimes in.

"So, what do you think the message meant? Protect the girl? Who is it?" she looks over to Clair and Rachelle, then to the rest of the group. "You're only a shrink, and you're an engineer... And I'm a nobody. Which one of us needs protecting?"

Daniels was at the door, looking up to Hobbes. "Careful, kid! Don't climb too fast!" he calls.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 08, 2013, 04:48:14 pm »

"You're not nobody, Janice. I think that message could have been from Dr Moursey... he's always looked out for you, and I think he may have known something was coming over the hill, though I don't think it was like he anticipated..."
While Hobbes climbs and everyone converses, fiddle with my pipboy to see if it's possible to make it into a radio without tools. Note: You can actually make speakers into microphones with a bit of fiddling. Making a transmitter might take a bit of fiddling, but it's not unlikely that a pipboy might have one.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 08, 2013, 05:01:13 pm »

"So, what do you think the message meant? Protect the girl? Who is it?" she looks over to Clair and Rachelle, then to the rest of the group. "You're only a shrink, and you're an engineer... And I'm a nobody. Which one of us needs protecting?"
"Just a shrink? I won the arm-wresting contest four years straight. As for who, who knows."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 08, 2013, 05:02:45 pm »

" Maybe we should wait and see rather then making assumptions? After all assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 08, 2013, 05:10:32 pm »

"I don't think we can wait and see... I don't think anyone but us survived. That includes the mystery message sender."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 08, 2013, 05:12:07 pm »

"Question, what makes you think the message even came from somebody in the vault? As we now know people outside it are alive and our our overseer spoke with the other so communication from outside the bunker is possible."
Caine's law.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 08, 2013, 05:14:04 pm »

"All we know is that they can set up a radio. We don't even know if they can work with a computer. And I don't exactly know why the overseer would want us to protect a girl he wouldn't even know."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2013, 05:15:19 pm »

"Why the overseer? It could be somebody 100 miles away who got lucky and found us. My point is we ain't gonna find out now so our only option is to wait for her to show up, or not."
Caine's law.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2013, 05:19:23 pm »

"So wait, why would a person a hundred miles away want to protect any of us, let alone a single person?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 08, 2013, 05:21:27 pm »

" Why would those things want to murder all our friends? Who knows. Maybe it's a girl nearby to us and he just got lucky and we got his message. No way for us to find out. "
Caine's law.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2013, 05:26:26 pm »

"Alright..."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25