Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City  (Read 29048 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2013, 02:23:37 am »

" Thanks, any other towns or camps around that have been having problems with the Clerics that are on the way to the AC? Also are any of the factions in the AC welcoming to outsiders? "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2013, 06:42:36 pm »

"Okay, I'll bite. What's the deal?"

>Inspect the group Brakes is sitting with.

You see a couple of weary souls wearing vault jumpsuits. A young woman, two cops, some kid, a woman with some muscle going on, a shady looking fellow, an even shadier looking fellow, and a woman with a laser pistol.

" The clerics destroyed our vault, we're whats left. We found your friend and he brought us back here. We want to make allies, get better weapons then destroy the clerics. Know anyone who'd like to help? "
The man just looks at
"You know how you're bumming around here? These guys are here to take you away. they got a thing going on with the Clerics. Killed their whole vault. They want revenge. Sounds like they could use a hardened, experiences, loyal, professional, great, fabulous, fantastic merc like yourself." He begins to play with a bottle cap.

Gaze snorts, his expression somewhere between amusement, puzzlement and annoyance as he listens first to the stranger, then to Brakes. He speaks to the latter.
"So, what- you're figurin' I'd jump at the chance to run out and get myself killed? I guess you guys want me out of your hair-- well, scalps, but," he waves his free hand at the odd-looking group at the table, "A bunch of, no offence, vault kiddies? Against the Clerics? Bunch of heavily armed psychos who managed to fuck up my guys, not to mention however many others? I'll let ya know when I'm feeling suicidal. 'Til then I might stick with the free food an' guard duty."

So saying, he looks from Brakes to the cop who spoke for the group, back to Brakes, and then pointedly goes back to his meal.
He remains standing by the table, though, still listening to the discussion. Despite his words, he doesn't look entirely unexcited by the idea of taking down the Clerics- but desire for vengeance seems to have taken a backseat to self-preservation in this case.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2013, 07:27:22 pm »

" Well thats why we need bigger guns and allies first. Sooner or later somebody has got to deal with them and nobody else is in any hurry to try and organize a resistance against them so it falls to us. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2013, 03:47:54 am »

Talk to the annoyed ghouls
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2013, 01:22:07 am »

Gaze snorts, his expression somewhere between amusement, puzzlement and annoyance as he listens first to the stranger, then to Brakes. He speaks to the latter.
"So, what- you're figurin' I'd jump at the chance to run out and get myself killed? I guess you guys want me out of your hair-- well, scalps, but," he waves his free hand at the odd-looking group at the table, "A bunch of, no offence, vault kiddies? Against the Clerics? Bunch of heavily armed psychos who managed to fuck up my guys, not to mention however many others? I'll let ya know when I'm feeling suicidal. 'Til then I might stick with the free food an' guard duty."

So saying, he looks from Brakes to the cop who spoke for the group, back to Brakes, and then pointedly goes back to his meal.
He remains standing by the table, though, still listening to the discussion. Despite his words, he doesn't look entirely unexcited by the idea of taking down the Clerics- but desire for vengeance seems to have taken a backseat to self-preservation in this case.

Brakes gives you an annoyed look. Well, more of a 'Are you fucking kidding me?' look. "Maybe I was being to subtle. I want you out of here, man. I like you, I really do. But Witt is close to kicking you out herself, the unpleasant way. I'm just trying to give you some kinda parting gift. These guys might be newbies, but what they lack in skill, they make up for in heart. I think. Or it might be bloodlust. They also got vault smarts, that shouldn't be underestimated. And, uh, one, two, three... eight is more than one."

" Well thats why we need bigger guns and allies first. Sooner or later somebody has got to deal with them and nobody else is in any hurry to try and organize a resistance against them so it falls to us. "

"Well... There are some factions that want to deal with the Clerics, but they got problems to solve and enemies to kill. Some have internal conflict. Infighting. But maybe a few courageous young vaultdwellers will get them to see what's important."

"Yeah? Who are they?"

"Well, there's the Broken Brothers. They're the remnants of a town that was torn down by the Clerics. They work out of a cave system now, plotting to kill Yashoo, Yesha, or whatever. Haven't heard from them in a while, though.

"There's also the Palm Eaters. Wierd name, wierder people. Cult-like following of reformed bandits and killer mercs. They have the numbers on their side, but boy are they disorganized. Crazy infighting going on with them.

"And there's these two technocults. The Basics and the Righters. They use to be the Unified Targmen. Not so unified anymore. They got a lot of nice tech, some tanks and weapons. But they're too busy killing each other to go after the Clerics.

"If you're able to get one or all of them to focus on the big picture, you'll have no problem killing off the Clerics. Maybe. Probably. Well, you'll have quite a fight, I'll put it that way."

Talk to the annoyed ghouls

"Huh? What do you want, smoothskin? Can't you see we're trying to fix this piece of shit generator?" the angry one responds.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2013, 01:28:46 am »

" Can you input there locations into my pip boy? I think I need to have a few words with them and maybe crack a few heads together. "
Caine's law.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 20, 2013, 01:43:21 am »

" Can you input there locations into my pip boy? I think I need to have a few words with them and maybe crack a few heads together. "

"No problem."

New Locations Added

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 20, 2013, 01:58:17 am »

"Thanks, do you guys have spare supplies or weapons we can work for before we go?
Caine's law.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 20, 2013, 03:22:08 pm »

"Thanks, do you guys have spare supplies or weapons we can work for before we go?

"Depends. Why don't each of you tell me what you can do again and I'll tell you if we can use you proper-like. My memory is a bit shitty.

"And be thorough. We're looking for guards, cooks, tinkerers, whores, babysitters, panhandlers, and more whores."
He leans back in his chair and waits for a response.

"I'm-- used to be security, so I'm good for guard duty," Daniels puts in.

"... You call that thorough? 'I'm a guard.' That's your whole life in a nutshell?"

Daniels turns a bit red, but refrains from offending your host. "Okay... I can fix a gun, and repair armour. I'm also decent with electronics."

"Better. And you?" he looks over to Janice. "How old are you?"

"Eighteen," Janice lies. She didn't want to be seen as a kid, especially by this freak.

"Whore, then," Brakes says without missing a beat. Unlike Daniels, Janice wasn't afraid of offending the group's host.

"Fuck you! I have a gun, I can guard just as well as the rest!"

"Fine, fine, jeez. What a temper... What about you, kid?"

"Oh, um... I'm Hobbes, and I'm sixteen, and I'm five foot ten, and I'm--"

"Whoa there, buddy. Calm down. I don't need your life story, just tell me what you're good at."

"Oh, okay. Sorry. Well, I can use a gun, kind of. And, uh... I can cook. And climb. And I know how to use computers."

"Great, I'll tell you when we need a terminal hacked on top of a mountain with a side of noodles... How about the rest of you?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2013, 03:45:24 pm »

"Well I'm good with guns, sneaking around and probably a pretty good hunter as well on top of being good with people."
Caine's law.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 21, 2013, 07:54:14 am »

Gaze's scowl deepens at Brakes' words, but he relents.
He finishes off his food and sets the plate down on a table, muttering something unkind about Witt as he does so. Wiping his face and folding his arms, he just watches and listens dispassionately as Brakes goes through, discussing the skills of each vault-dweller.

'Fucking Witt,' he thought, 'After all I've done for these dumbass zombies she wants to kick me out. Then again, I'd just about had enough of the place as it is. At least with these assholes coming along I won't be thrown out there alone to get picked off by whoever happens to recognize me... Maybe this whole deal isn't so bad, after all.
'Girls with skin will make a nice change, too. Can't forget that.' He gave a soft snort of amusement.

"Hey," he spoke up as Brakes poked fun at the kid of the group- Hobbes, "I'm sure your cooking can't be worse than the stuff around here. How's your fried roach?"

>Joke with this Hobbes kid whilst Brakes 'interviews' the group.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 21, 2013, 03:33:08 pm »

"Tch... Well. I can shoot, I know a bit of how to mix chemicals and such, oh, and I've quite a bit of skill getting in places unseen."

Francis smiles slightly. This could work out nicely.
And he may even have a chance to figure out who left him that note back in the vault. In fact, that was the main reason he wasn't trying to get out of any of those duties. God knows that if he'd been expected to do much in the vault, he'd be arguing for hours to get out of that.

((Sorry for not posting in so long))
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 22, 2013, 09:57:39 pm »

"Well I'm good with guns, sneaking around and probably a pretty good hunter as well on top of being good with people."

"We might need you, then. For guard duty, that is."

"Tch... Well. I can shoot, I know a bit of how to mix chemicals and such, oh, and I've quite a bit of skill getting in places unseen."

Francis smiles slightly. This could work out nicely.
And he may even have a chance to figure out who left him that note back in the vault. In fact, that was the main reason he wasn't trying to get out of any of those duties. God knows that if he'd been expected to do much in the vault, he'd be arguing for hours to get out of that.

((Sorry for not posting in so long))

"Another sneak? We don't need any of that, I think. Another gun on the border is good, though."

Gaze's scowl deepens at Brakes' words, but he relents.
He finishes off his food and sets the plate down on a table, muttering something unkind about Witt as he does so. Wiping his face and folding his arms, he just watches and listens dispassionately as Brakes goes through, discussing the skills of each vault-dweller.

"Hey," he spoke up as Brakes poked fun at the kid of the group- Hobbes, "I'm sure your cooking can't be worse than the stuff around here. How's your fried roach?"

>Joke with this Hobbes kid whilst Brakes 'interviews' the group.

"F-fried roach? Like... Radroach? You eat them?" he sputters is disbelief.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 22, 2013, 10:05:30 pm »

" Works for me I guess, but unless you have something useful to offer then we won't be here long. What are you guarding against anyway? "
Caine's law.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 22, 2013, 10:22:49 pm »

"You do remember our first introduction to some of the more violent folks out here, right, Sam? Can't imagine these er, fine folks would want to end up the same way as the others in the vault..."

Francis stifles a sigh as he contemplates that situation again.
He turns towards Brakes.

"Er, anyways... I'll be glad to do some guard duty. Sounds easy enough, I guess."
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25