Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Tales of Magic OOC Thread: Sign-ups, Discussion,etc.  (Read 16880 times)

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Magic OOC Thread: Sign-ups, Discussion,etc.
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2013, 01:59:11 pm »

Portal magic is a part of void magic and the other one is like a version of conjuration? Question regarding deimurgy, if you decide to drain lifeforce, you don't have to kill the person in the process right?

@caellath, don't worry. I will leave it till Friday.
Durrr..

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2013, 02:16:10 pm »

Portal magic is a part of void magic and the other one is like a version of conjuration? Question regarding deimurgy, if you decide to drain lifeforce, you don't have to kill the person in the process right?

Not necesarily kill, but weaken. If that person was already diying for whatever reason, you may accelerate it. And you may not decide to drain lifeforce, you do it, you cant control it. If you get injured, you will automatically drain lifeforce of people, wether you want or not. That doesnt make you invincible, just harder to kill.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 02:18:03 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2013, 04:10:50 pm »

Not necesarily kill, but weaken. If that person was already diying for whatever reason, you may accelerate it. And you may not decide to drain lifeforce, you do it, you cant control it. If you get injured, you will automatically drain lifeforce of people, wether you want or not. That doesnt make you invincible, just harder to kill.

I dunno, automatic life force drains sounds quite devastating. What range would you have in mind? Touch? 1m? 3?
Durrr..

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 04:30:36 pm »

I dunno, automatic life force drains sounds quite devastating. What range would you have in mind? Touch? 1m? 3?
I though you would prefer to decide that yourself.

I would say not at touch though.
And it only drains when hurt, wether it be by a sword or by animating creatures.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 02:06:58 am »

Dwarmin that is a pretty epic character concept :P

I hope so!

I like to think magic is always amazing, but it isn't always good.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 02:19:33 am »

... I have a question.

I'm doing theorizing on characters, and ye mentioned talking to you about additional magics...

:3 How does Nuclear/Atomic magic sound?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 02:26:39 am »

... I have a question.

I'm doing theorizing on characters, and ye mentioned talking to you about additional magics...

This truly is Bay12.
Also, who is Errol any why is he reducing our chances to enter?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 05:27:33 am »

He helped out a lot with the creation of the game, as I understand.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 05:31:11 am »

He helped out a lot with the creation of the game, as I understand.
I just figured it was something like that and ignored its annoyance.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2013, 05:40:41 am »

I dunno, is on the first page.

also a heads up to the dwellers of ##bay12rtd irc-chat(Especially Errol) for helping me with designing some things.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2013, 05:49:52 am »

Dats no fair D: Put him in the lottery twice or something, but outright giving him the first spot is kinda lame, considering that he didnt even do a (Public) character.
Also, since there is waitlist, i guess that means our chars can die, right?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2013, 05:52:09 am »

@Sarzael: Well, I can only assume that Errol has personally laid the bricks of this mighty bridge we are now gathering to cross. One assumes he deserves a ride across in thanks for his efforts...

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2013, 06:13:07 am »

@Sarzael: Well, I can only assume that Errol has personally laid the bricks of this mighty bridge we are now gathering to cross. One assumes he deserves a ride across in thanks for his efforts...
Well then... I RECALL TO MAKE THIS GAME A 7 PLAYERS GAME!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2013, 06:31:02 am »

ptw and maybe play.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2013, 07:57:16 am »

... I have a question.

Gravitation magic has a part of it. I did think about it being a single magic but i found it to be too powerful.

Regarding Errol, he happens to be a lot on the ##bay12rtd chat and when I'm in need of help i go there. So it somehow turned out like this, it's not like everyone has access to that chat. Also the system is very generous. Instead of a first come first get, you actually get a chance of joining. More than once did i want to join an RTD, but to find it full because i happened to be asleep.

@Sarzeal. What do you exactly mean with a public character? His character sheet is on page 2 i believe. Also i unfortunately cannot allow Deimurgy magic.

@Dwarmin, it's already a 5+1 game. 7 would be just too much at times
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:00:43 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9