Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Tales of Magic OOC Thread: Sign-ups, Discussion,etc.  (Read 16891 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: Tales of Magic OOC Thread: Sign-ups, Discussion,etc.
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2013, 02:48:58 pm »

How much time is a level? Or is it depending on progress?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2013, 02:57:48 pm »

Levels aren't really academical degrees iirc. Just, well, a mix of natural talent and academical learning that, in total, denotes how good you are with magic.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2013, 02:58:16 pm »

Levels aren't really academical degrees iirc. Just, well, a mix of natural talent and academical learning that, in total, denotes how good you are with magic.
And, do we start with level 1 or what?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2013, 03:04:03 pm »

Please look at the misc. lore tab. and you start at level 2, like i have written in the character creation.
Durrr..

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2013, 03:06:47 pm »

Please look at the misc. lore tab. and you start at level 2, like i have written in the character creation.
Oh, sorry. Didnt see that, i took the character creation sheet from the posts.
Either ways, i fixed my character sheet.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2013, 03:07:59 pm »

@Caellath, Nulls have more options than you think they have. Judging from his bio, he will be going order with a side of weapon.

Yeah, I know. I meant that most of times I tend to avoid the classic spellcasters so I was trying to break my streak, though the entire "Order" thing seems an interesting concept (Law student) which rekindled my interest on Nulls.
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:46:11 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2013, 11:49:03 am »

Today people is chosen right?

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2013, 12:39:59 pm »

Today people is chosen right?

nah, i'm giving time till sunday. Since i changed the policy of getting chosen and some people might not have noticed it or are still polishing their sheet.
Durrr..

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2013, 04:10:29 pm »

I gtg soon so i wont have time to work on this idea until tomorrow, and this may already be part of some other magic type (Probably life) but what about some kind of Nature magic which has to do with controlling plants and possibly animals?
And possibly one that has to do with time manipulation (This one would have to be carefully balanced though).

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2013, 05:39:35 pm »

Gonna actually write the bio soon.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2013, 04:06:21 am »

Well, now, TODAY is the day.
Either ways, what are the RPing rules? Like, what you can do and what you cant in roleplaying? Metagaming is a no i guess, but romance for example?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2013, 04:25:42 am »

@Sarzael: Well, RP dose not have many rules. It's mostly freeform, and yet...here's the ones I tend to follow. It's long winded but not very informative!

Stuff
1. Don't take liberties with others peoples chars. Pretty self explanatory anti-metagaming. "I hit him and he flies back!' vs 'I aim a punch at his head and swing!'. On the other hand, describing how someone might feel something differently could be allowed-like 'Tiruin can feel hostility boiling from Dwarmin." etc, etc

2. Don't do anything that makes anyone super uncomfortable without making sure they're okay with it-usually in PM, but not needed very often. I'm no stranger to romantic subplots, myself, but make sure you don't skeeve anyone out. Likewise, don't be a jerk to everyone. Even if your character is a jerk. Some people are okay with romance stuff, others can handle aggression and dish it back. Try to get a feel for how everyone wants to play.

3. Improvise alot but stay within the bounds of the games reality. Unless your psychic, you won't know another persons thought text or their background unless they tell it to you. Try to keep the game as real as it will allow, so as not to break immersion. Likewise, RP isnt a concrete thing that can't ever be violated-if you need to shoehorn in some information you might know so we can move forward in the game or perhaps not die horribly, don't be shy...

4. Be descriptive. Describe your chars thoughts and feelings-as with #3, we can't read your mind but we know the emotion on your 'face'. It helps everyone understand what sort of char you're playing. And helps flesh out the world. Which is a big help to a GM. If you're particularly bold, and feel you understand the world enough, you can inject stories into your RP-which, will hopefully be incorporated by the GM in some way. We're helping him build the world around us, ideally enough.

If you RP long enough, all this will start to come fairly naturally.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2013, 05:52:28 am »

@Sarzael: Well, RP dose not have many rules. It's mostly freeform, and yet...here's the ones I tend to follow. It's long winded but not very informative!

Stuff
1. Don't take liberties with others peoples chars. Pretty self explanatory anti-metagaming. "I hit him and he flies back!' vs 'I aim a punch at his head and swing!'. On the other hand, describing how someone might feel something differently could be allowed-like 'Tiruin can feel hostility boiling from Dwarmin." etc, etc

2. Don't do anything that makes anyone super uncomfortable without making sure they're okay with it-usually in PM, but not needed very often. I'm no stranger to romantic subplots, myself, but make sure you don't skeeve anyone out. Likewise, don't be a jerk to everyone. Even if your character is a jerk. Some people are okay with romance stuff, others can handle aggression and dish it back. Try to get a feel for how everyone wants to play.

3. Improvise alot but stay within the bounds of the games reality. Unless your psychic, you won't know another persons thought text or their background unless they tell it to you. Try to keep the game as real as it will allow, so as not to break immersion. Likewise, RP isnt a concrete thing that can't ever be violated-if you need to shoehorn in some information you might know so we can move forward in the game or perhaps not die horribly, don't be shy...

4. Be descriptive. Describe your chars thoughts and feelings-as with #3, we can't read your mind but we know the emotion on your 'face'. It helps everyone understand what sort of char you're playing. And helps flesh out the world. Which is a big help to a GM. If you're particularly bold, and feel you understand the world enough, you can inject stories into your RP-which, will hopefully be incorporated by the GM in some way. We're helping him build the world around us, ideally enough.

If you RP long enough, all this will start to come fairly naturally.

Dwarmins sums it up pretty perfectly, but don't worry too much about the story. I will add some, but you have to discover some as well.
Durrr..

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2013, 07:10:14 am »

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:21:24 am by Sarzael »

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2013, 12:00:41 pm »

Will there be a limit for the level? I mean, if any person could go straight from level 1 to level 10, there wouldnt just be one touched.
Edit: I though this would be starting today?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:59:25 pm by Sarzael »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9