- 0 (0%)
zone 3
- 0 (0%)
zone 4
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39

Author Topic: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.  (Read 51123 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Interesting idea Bob but how do we find the aquifer if most of the land is dry and cracked. Theres no clues of where on starts or ends." said Dan the jeweler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:18:48 pm by danmanthedog »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Look for land that might have different season times...a bit of the map that stays greener for longer, or land with pools that don't evaporate at the same time as others. These will likely be different biomes, so the aquifer might be under that land.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Snow Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Let us dig stray'd down lads, oi! In our wvey to Armok's zea wve'll surely find eithar ze cavern or zat blazted aquifer!" Suggested the old miner Fenrir Onshenrith.
"Wait why are there bone golems in my dinning room?"

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile

It looked in some of the screenshots like we have soil, so I doubt we need to irrigate stone to farm.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

??!

Wait, so you can set cropland up without having to muddy indoor stone first?  Teach me, oh guru, in the ways of surface farming!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just got off work so i will try to update before second job. :)

CameraNerd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

??!

Wait, so you can set cropland up without having to muddy indoor stone first?  Teach me, oh guru, in the ways of surface farming!

Just designate and area for mining on a dirt layer and you are good to go.   ;D

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

??!

Just designate and area for mining on a dirt layer and you are good to go.   ;D

Yeah, this.  If you have soil (ANY soil layer will do: Loam, Loamy Sand, Peat, Sandy Clay Loam, Sandy Loam, Silt, Silty Clay Loam, Silt Loam, Black, Red, Yellow, White or Tan Sand, Clay, Clay Loam, Sandy Clay, Silty Clay, Fire Clay, Pelagic Clay, Siliceous Ooze, or Calcareous Ooze), you have underground plants.  Basically, if stuff grows on it after you pierce the caverns, you can farm it from day 1.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

update!!

Well working on my sleeping timeless comes yelling into my room about buckets and how to fix are water problem but also said that his name is timeless bob not boss and to make buckets or else he will exploded. Not knowing if he can exploded on a whim I decided to grant his wish about buckets.

After giving the order for more buckets I heard Blade yelling about how are dwarf brothers and sisters have arrive.

After are dwarf famly arrives I come up to them and take their names and jobs skills, but I find out that most of the dwarfs have worthless job skill. Knowing that we cant have just useless dwarfs lying around I ask each of them their fighting skill.

After Asking all the dwarfs their skills I was able to find two who are perfect for our new military, knowing good well that they will do better in the military then working in the shops.

After dealing with the new military I heard shadow come yelling screaming about how some one is trying to hunt the warthogs. I ask him that we have no hunters in the fortress but he said that an migrant is the hunter. Surprise I count the migrant heads and its true one migrant sneaked past me to go hunting. Shadow still next to me yelling how we need to rescue him before a warthog gets him, Shocked that Shadow would think that way i tell him that a dwarf would not go down fighting a worthless pig.

After calming shadow down, I ran to Timeless who was playing with one of the newly made buckets. I asked him where the hunter was and he said he just came back to drop a cavy pig off in the eating hall. Confused I asked him why the eating hall, he said that we have no butcher shop so the hunter decided to just drop it in there.

With out a second thought i asked him where is he now, he said he was killing one of those hairy pigs.

I was watching the horror of the killing of the hog when right when it was about dead the hunter stopped shooting it and just walked back to the fort. Surprised I ran to him and asked what he was doing and he said that he was thirsty.

I just pray to Armok and great Kogan that he miners have something good to report. I asked Snow about the mining oberation and he said that all we found were pink lavenders! No ores or any useful rocks, with out ores this fortress wont survive a few years.

Knowing that using the old tradition of mining would not cut it I decided to try my own way of mining. I told the men dig dig long paths through the stone hoping we hit something of value.

If you want to be dorfed just choice what dwarf you want to be out of the new people.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:30:53 pm by danmanthedog »

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dorf me as the peasant; call me "Gnorm" if male and "Gnora" if female.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure gnorm I will do that

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well everybody has been dorfed, and here is what you guys are.
Gnorm just to let you know you are married to tevish.

Here i what the fortress looks like in stonesense.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well my turn has come to an end thanks for watching me and get ready for Snow.

Have the year has gone by so far and yet we found no ores yet only pink jades, if it keeps up we wont be able to survive the attacks of the greenskins.

Suddenly I heard the sounds of rain on the surface of the fortress. Knowing all to well that this rain ill only last a bit I told everybody to make a well o we can collect the rain water.

Well I was looking for a good spot for the well Shadow comes running up to saying more o are dwarf family are here. Happy that we will have more hands to help build this fort I told hadow to get a welcome party fo the mass of dwarfs that are coming.

With everything set up for the new dwarfs I ran out to meet them, But to my horror only 2 dwarf came. Surprised I asked them where all the rest of the dwarfs are, they said that no one else wanted to come here.

Upset over the barely any new dwarf hands I try to to distract my self by asking where the bokaze is. High tells me he was hunting a eagle when he ran out of bolts so he decide to sleep next to the wounded eagle.  Knowing all to well that bokaze will always be like that I brushed it off with out much thought.

After talking to high a female dwarf name gnora come yelling down the halls screaming about a caravan from the mountain home. I thought finally some good news we can get weapons and armor from the traders.

Not knowing to believe gnora I ran to where she saw them. When I came across the finally him i saw them, 3 great wagons filled with items that could only come from the mountain home. Inside the wagon A dwarf in a ilk green robe comes to me asking if this is fliermanor. I said yes it was and our trade deport is down the hill to the north. Before turning to return to the fort I heard a yell to the front of the wagon, I turn and saw Bokaze and jamcat running off with pieces of cloth screaming that its for the hospital.

We traded the caravan gems and stonecrafts for weapon and armor, and with the finale trading they left saying they will be back in a year.

After the caravan left I noticed that Shadow was able to tell the worth of items better then mot of us here, I asked him how he could tell the price of items so well. He said he was a broker back in the dwarf mountain home. Surprised at this I asked if he is still good at it which he replied of coarse. Knowing that the fort needed a broke i asked him if he could be the broke, he answered with a stern but happy yes.

Well laying awake I thought about the ending of the year, we only have one more year left before i must retire and let the a new overseer continue after me. Thinking through all the dwarfs seeing who could replace me one dwarf always returned to me, Snow why didn't I see it earlier he has great manger skills and I heard that hes a legendy miner now. He would be perfect to replace me.

It is my last day before retiring, Well looking for snow I heard a horrible scream from the entice of the fort. Running a fast as I could I arrived to the entice just in time to see CameraNerd Crushing a warthogs head in, But the warthog was different it didn't have any bones or meat it as just a pelt of fur. Confused I asked Camera whats happing he said that the dead body parts of animals are coming back to life. Knowing all to well that why this i happening I tell him that a necromancer has found are fort and is trying to destroy it.

After spreading the word about the necromancer I finally found Snow. I told him that it is my time to step down and that it is his time to run the fort. Not knowing what to say he just accepted with out much fuss. those ending my rein as overseer of fliermanon.

Okey  Snow You need to find ores fast before a siege comes.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:42:06 am by danmanthedog »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anybody know how to send files through the forum post?

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

upload to DFFD and post the link

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39