- 0 (0%)
zone 3
- 0 (0%)
zone 4
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39

Author Topic: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.  (Read 51098 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Dwarf Fortress Succesion Game (Starting now)
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 12:49:59 pm »

The game should be starting up soon once we get all the beginning stuff done, people can still join.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 02:30:50 pm »

I missed the poll; where are we embarking? If there is still any room for feedback, I would have chosen zone 2.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 02:48:58 pm »

While I don't know how to remove polls, you can just change the text in the title and choices, then check the "reset voting" (something like that) box, and voila! New poll!

For placeholder polls, I like to stick something silly in there, like I have in my Luckiest Tourist EVER game right now.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 02:55:58 pm »

thanks guys and the poll for where we embark is coming now and the picture of where we embark is on page two of respones.
Edit- i cant make the poll time limit change so its locked so just tell me what zone to embark at please.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:05:04 pm by danmanthedog »

Snow Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 03:53:34 pm »

Which one has more neighbors? 3? That one.
"Wait why are there bone golems in my dinning room?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 04:46:02 pm »

I'd like a go. Dunno if sending an email is a moot point or not? Why email if I've already said? Anyway. If I have a vote at this point I'd say region 2
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 05:48:57 pm »

Well since the poll making is annoying Im gonna do a coin flip to decide on region 2 and region 3. Heads region 2, tails region 3.

The flip!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well it seems that we shall live in region 3 and now i can get this game ago.
Ps. Th4DwArfY1 your in for a turn
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:58:41 pm by danmanthedog »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Old style succion game, Fliermanor. (come and watch and take part of!)
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 08:18:17 pm »

Whelp beginning of the game people, have fun and good luck to all.

After a two month journey the old and rotten cart the settlers has been using to find riches for their kingdom has finally broken down.

Whelp that's just great the old busted thing cant much farther men, so that means our new home is here. Hmm the ground is moist meaning there's an aquafier under us, hope highmax and snow can find use some rock for us.

Hmm seems like everybody is here and they seem okay, but that could change all in a second.

Unbelievable that we found stone in this wet dump, but highmax informs me that the stone is only claystone a wet and almost useless type of stone to use and live in, even if was slit its better then living above ground like a elf. I told snow and high to dig out a simple but workable home for us.

Well thinking about farming plans with Blade, Shadowhammer come out of nowhere running and yelling about a fat and dirty wild animal sighted down the hill of us. I follow Shadow to the spot of the animal with Blade who is used to hunt. I looked over the ridge and saw PIG! but it was different looking, it was hairy and had huge teeth in its mouth. Blade tells me it is a warthog or wild pig, I ask him if we can eat it. He said yes but they are know to attack dwarfs.

I tell Shadow not to worry about the warthog and to destroy the rotten cart so no one knows we are here. He says that he will do but tells me not to forget about the pigs. As he was leaving I thought to my self why he was afraid of the warthogs they were just pigs but tougher, I should keep my eye on him.

I told Wolf to build a mason shop and told him to make a door with the claystone show we can have protection against the Wild creatures and a chair and table for us because we may be dwarfs live in the stone and dirt but that does not mean we cant eat on fancy table. I also finished planning the farms area so i told blade and time to stop lazying around and get to it so we can have a harvest of strawberries and plump helms.

I also tell Shadow to build a carpenter show and to make enough beds and barrels to last us a bit. He said he will get on it right away, but I see a doubtfulness in his eyes.

With the danger of the wilds all around us, I decide to pen our animals outside are fortress for their safety and to put our war dog on a chain in case of thieves. With Snow and Highmax working hard cleaning out a home for us, and with Snow almost done with the storage room I have everybody else move the food inside.

Well I was sleeping on a nice soft pebble i heard a huge commotion coming from with the fortress near the bed chambers. It seems Highmax found pink jade, this must be a sign of the hidden treasure with in Fliermanor. With this find everybody's spirit seems to have lifter higher then we first embarked. With this news let us hope fliermanor has a bright future

What the starting area looks like. Update on Friday.

CameraNerd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I don't think I can be in this succession, but it looks promising.  Could I get a nicknamed for one of the dwarfs as a consolation?  Any will do. 

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update coming later and dwarf characteristics coming soon.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarf characteristics.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

next update.

Well i was planning the next mining area Blade comes to me with great news, it seems that it has started raining which im glad for since this savanna area is increasingly hot and low rain amount. With the rain the ponds will be refill for are well soon.

Blade also saw a group of furry monkey like animals down the ridge, wondering what they are I excused myself from blade and rest of the group. Following Blades directions I can about a group of 10 monkey creatures. Not knowing if they are dangerous I left they creatures alone in till we have weapons.

I called both Highmax and snow over to me. I told them that we need more room for are workshops and gave them plans for expansion of the fortress. I also told them if they find some other then claystone  they report back to me asap.

With in 10 minutes of mining out the work shop area Highmax ran back to me saying they struck phyllite, Knowing that we can find silver in phyllite I tell them to dig out the phyllite.

Well taking a break and exploring the nearby land i noticed some thing increasingly troubling, It seems that even with the rain fall the nearby grass and pond are drying up. If this continues we could have wild fires and loss all of are well water. I must return to the fortress and think of something to help against the drying. 

I was heading back to the fortress when i noticed a huge amount of dead pests just above the entrance of the fort, knowing all to well what can cause this mess I told timeless to kill the cat before the dead pest problem gets out of control.

Before I want back into the fort to think about the drying of the ponds I noticed a large grey crature roaming to the north, I ask Blade if he knew any animals of the description. He said it was a single horn hippo, wondering what a hippo was doing in this dry area he said they are the polar opposite of hippos.

Its getting close to summer and I still have not thought of a way to stop the water drying up, but then Shadow comes to me and tells that all the ponds near us have dried up. Not knowing what to do now I tell him not to worry about and to return to work. Let us hope we can find and aquafier.

With the water promble still heavy I try to forget it by telling ma and snow to dig out mining tunnels for ore, gems and stone for us.

With the workshop areas done I tell shadow to build a bowyers shop so we can start hunting and a kitchen to make meals.

It seems it has entered summer time now, and with it more heat and migrant. Let us hope that the rest of the year it good.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Wow, I would say throw me in the army when most of the mining is done, but look at all those negatives ._. I think i'll be happy with digging away...

Also, caverns are also a source of fresh water, so If all else fails, you could pump it up to the surface and make a cistern. And also, whats the expedition leader's profession? Is he a craftsdwarf? I haven't used Ironhand in awhile, so the color looks different.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah im a craft dwarf and gem cutting but i think im bugged because i don't any thing.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Timeless Bob the farmer says:
"There's an aquifer here, friends. So all we need to do is dig a ladder shaft down to meet it, then expand it with the well-shaft proper.

As the resident farmer, I feel it is my duty to mention that we need to start growing food right away! I suggest the old bucket brigade 'false pond' method. If we start building some buckets when we get the chance, those of us that would otherwise sit around doing nothing <nods significantly toward the gemcutter>, will instead be able to dredge muddy water up from the bottom of the well and toss it into a series of channels designated as 'ponds'.  They should fill up rather nicely here in the cool underground.  Well, once they've been filled up, we stop filling em, then expand the channels until all the water has thinned out to a depth of about 1/7 or so.  The water will mix with the dirt created by widening the channels and viola!: Farmland!  I can 'plot' that mud in no time and get our seeds 'n spawn in the ground soon enough after, to keep everyone fed and more importantly, keep us boozed up too!  What happens when the migrants eat us out of house n hole, I ask you?  A well stocked larder is a thing o beauty, as me ma used to say."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:26:47 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39