Yes.
- 2 (100%)
Yes.
- 0 (0%)
Also Yes.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 78

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 4/5] [Normal]  (Read 73745 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 1] [Normal] [Wait listing]
« Reply #270 on: September 22, 2013, 12:32:44 pm »

"That only happens in stories, kid. Real life doesn't has a sense of slapstick humour."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 1] [Normal] [Wait listing]
« Reply #271 on: September 22, 2013, 12:54:40 pm »

"Nothing can stop us now. I am invincible. I think we lost them. Nothing exciting ever happens here. At least it isn't raining. It will never catch on. It's quiet... too quiet. This Is No Time to Panic! Smite Me, O Mighty Smiter! I'm going to retire after this. No man can defeat me! Should I stop temping fate yet?"
"Also, patch myself up with what? I used my kit healing the worm over there."

Move to V20
nothing else.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:09:19 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 22, 2013, 01:37:46 pm »

((Oh, idea. For the sake of clarity and simplicity, I think you should add a rule to Riot, CEDA, and Common Infected. Mob/Horde/Pack/?: If multiple units of this type are in a single square, they are treated as a single unit. Combine the health and damage of all individual units; when health is reduced by a number equal to that of a single unit of this type, reduce damage by a number equal to a single unit of this type.

Or something like that. Also, CEDA Zombies still don't have No Brainer, at least officially. On a similar note, I'd add No Brainer to some of the special infected, mostly the fragile ones like the Spitter or Jockey. Charger and Boomer seem like they have thicker skulls.

I am really enjoying this, however. Probably more than the real game, simply because I'm terrible at FPSes.))

"Hah! I bet it'll be raining once we get outside. I hope so, at least. It'd help with the smell."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 22, 2013, 01:42:29 pm »

((Oh, idea. For the sake of clarity and simplicity, I think you should add a rule to Riot, CEDA, and Common Infected. Mob/Horde/Pack/?: If multiple units of this type are in a single square, they are treated as a single unit. Combine the health and damage of all individual units; when health is reduced by a number equal to that of a single unit of this type, reduce damage by a number equal to a single unit of this type.

Or something like that. Also, CEDA Zombies still don't have No Brainer, at least officially. On a similar note, I'd add No Brainer to some of the special infected, mostly the fragile ones like the Spitter or Jockey. Charger and Boomer seem like they have thicker skulls.

I am really enjoying this, however. Probably more than the real game, simply because I'm terrible at FPSes.))

The Horde ability seems like it'd be included in some sort of "DM's guide" honestly. I guess I could just put that down as an actual thing at a later date.

The specials having "No Brainer" probably won't happen. It sorta defeats the purpose of them to me if someone would just spam Pistol/SMG double shots until a crit killed them. Although I might add a variance that stumbles them. I don' tknow yet.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself though!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:34:33 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 22, 2013, 02:35:38 pm »

((True. I hadn't thought of that. This might work better for what I was thinking of; maybe have some weapons do triple damage on a crit instead of double. Or, maybe better idea, have the two rifles deal double damage on 18-19, and triple on 20. For me, it was mostly about those rifles; they feel underpowered, at least a bit. Although, with the specials and pistols/SMGs, I think they'd probably die from the normal hits before they died from a crit.))

((I would suggest having a bayonet attachment thing. Or at least duct tape and a knife. Oh, and a shield. Riot shields would protect well from claws and bullets alike. Probably be a primary 'weapon' used in melee, since you can't really swing it over your back(can you?) or use a rifle(Can you?!?). Though, SMGs might work with it, though they'd be inaccurate. A primary/secondary melee weapon to show, like, a claymore or a sledge hammer might be good though. And one to show a fast but small weapon, like a knife or ice pick. And maybe one to be a spear or long pole with a knife strapped one, for a short ranged but still ranged weapon. And finally, I think having bows would be cool. Make it so you can get the ammo back by going near where the things you shot were. Probably do a bit less damage than other weapons, on the other hand, it might have the crit thing rifles have. Similar range to everything though; in close quarters like this, it doesn't matter about a bow versus a pistol. Possibly less accurate, but with an aiming thing. And then you could have a more powerful, shorter ranged, usable in melee version to be throwing knives or axes or something.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 22, 2013, 03:54:55 pm »

((True. I hadn't thought of that. This might work better for what I was thinking of; maybe have some weapons do triple damage on a crit instead of double. Or, maybe better idea, have the two rifles deal double damage on 18-19, and triple on 20. For me, it was mostly about those rifles; they feel underpowered, at least a bit.

A better far away weapon you couldn't possibly find. And it turns out that the rifles can be the most damaging weapon of the bunch. Especially considering that they have unlimited max range and can hit everything within a line. So... yeah. But I do like that idea you proposed and I'll consider that.

Although, with the specials and pistols/SMGs, I think they'd probably die from the normal hits before they died from a crit.))

True but... I just don't know if it'd fit the feel. Specials are supposed to absorb bullets like crazy and force team-work. With a lucky crit or two... They become sort've weak. That's just my feelings though.

Quote from: Bayonets?
((I would suggest having a bayonet attachment thing. Or at least duct tape and a knife.

What would it do exactly? Add a damaging shove? That's basically what the melee weapons do. Or are you suggesting something else?

Quote from: Riot Shields
Oh, and a shield. Riot shields would protect well from claws and bullets alike. Probably be a primary 'weapon' used in melee, since you can't really swing it over your back(can you?) or use a rifle(Can you?!?). Though, SMGs might work with it, though they'd be inaccurate.

Um... No? I don't want to give out something that would make the infected less of a menace. The Bullet Proof Vest already fulfills the "Mitigate friendly fire" role and I would think that the infected would just go to another side of you to attack. An alright idea for a gun fight though.

Quote from: Primary Melee
A primary/secondary melee weapon to show, like, a claymore or a sledge hammer might be good though. And one to show a fast but small weapon, like a knife or ice pick. And maybe one to be a spear or long pole with a knife strapped one, for a short ranged but still ranged weapon.

Have we talked about this one before? I don't think so. Maybe it was something similar. Here's the problem with that. Melee weapons are supposed to fill a very small niche. They're powerful but they have no range. Those "types" might show up as variants though they'd have the same stats as a Katana or Axe.

Quote from: Bows
And finally, I think having bows would be cool. Make it so you can get the ammo back by going near where the things you shot were. Probably do a bit less damage than other weapons, on the other hand, it might have the crit thing rifles have. Similar range to everything though; in close quarters like this, it doesn't matter about a bow versus a pistol. Possibly less accurate, but with an aiming thing. And then you could have a more powerful, shorter ranged, usable in melee version to be throwing knives or axes or something.))

I really like this idea for the most part actually. Bows appeal to me for a decent amount. I'm thinking perhaps something along the lines of:

Spoiler: Bow Prototype (click to show/hide)

That look alright to anyone?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 22, 2013, 04:05:00 pm »

That's getting more and more complicated for stuff that won't really be used. Having a bayonet would render melee weapons useless; riot shields are already partially filled by kevlar. Adding more melee weapons just is, well, kind of pointless. Primary melee weapons would only do more damage against specials, and all ranged you'd have is at most two pistols, meaning you wouldn't actually help all that much. Shot range firepower is already provided with shotguns and the melee weapons all ready in the game.

Bows wouldn't serve much purpose: they're bolt-action rifles but quarter of the strength and you can pick up ammo. And no one's going to sit back while you snipe off zombies one at a time. it just wouldn't be fun. Pretty useless when it comes to hordes as well, as arrows don't typically go though people, unlike sniper rifle rounds. I don't really think they add anything: anything they do other things can do better. It'd be better to stick to an Kalashikov and fire on single shot. Changes are you'll kill a lot more: for each double power bow shot you can fire four AK rounds. Arrows also go a lot less far as a bullet, though I suppose at the ranges the game is that doesn't really matter.

((As a shotgun owner, I know shotguns have a much tighter spread than games portray (such as the impossible spread of the DOOM 3 shotgun) but I can appreciate for gameplay reasons why it is so.))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 22, 2013, 04:11:11 pm »

Actions:
Move to S20
Overwatch with dual pistols.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 22, 2013, 05:05:29 pm »

To keep it simple then; I like the bow. I just do. Crouch, Draw 3 times, shoot and kill. Just because something is unlikely to be used by some people doesn't mean it shouldn't be used. I was mostly thinking of a reach vs. one target but can attack multiple times for one action point for melee weapons, and the riot shield was just an idea for a gimmicky weapon like the grenade launcher or flamethrower are. Reduces damage from some undead, the effectiveness goes down as you face more and more, gives a damaging shove, and maybe prevents undead from getting past you. For forcing bottlenecks and such.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 22, 2013, 06:04:06 pm »

Regardless the thing is that right now the bow is just a fun thing to consider adding. I probably won't add it for a long while if at all.

The riot shield and special melee weapons will not happen though cause they wouldn't add anything. Bayonets are out for the opposite reason of adding too much and therefore making melee weapons useless.

I don't know if the grenade launcher and flamethrower would be considered Gimmicky.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 22, 2013, 07:50:18 pm »

Follow group, remaining a square behind. Overwatch.

''I-I'm down to... s-six shots...'' Ali looked nervous, and took up the rear.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 22, 2013, 10:10:08 pm »

Survivor Turn

Spoiler: Survivor Turn (click to show/hide)

Infected Turn
Spoiler: Infected Turn (click to show/hide)

A few seconds of silence followed Damon and Jim’s discussion as the Survivors all silently considered what to do next.

“Well that truck won’t wait forever kids. We better get going. Follow me.”

“Well beats staying here with the dead guys.” Damon shrugged.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t be caught dead doing it.” Mark quipped.

“Uh… That wasn’t very good.” Clair stated as she gripped her shotgun tightly.

“Yeah… I know. Just kinda… Said it without thinking.” Mark admitted.

“Uh guys… I think I only have six shots left. Like total…”

“Me too!” Clair stated excitedly.

“We’re all low kiddo. We might have to resort to swinging our guns if this keeps up.”

“Well at least this hallway’s clear right?” Mark stated trying to keep the group psyched up.
“Is that a picture of a house?” Damon asked examining the wall directly beside Ugly Jim.

“Uh yeah. Has some sorta cross in it.”

“Hey! That’s the sign for a safe-room!” Ali gasped in joy.

“Really? How do you know?”

“Were none of you paying attention when we were heading into the safe room earlier? There was a big painting like this on the floor.”

“Well whatever. Let’s just follow this sign!” Damon shouted as he fantasized about finally being safe again.

Quote from: Map Key
Dashed Green Line = Open Door
Dashed Orange Line = Open Door
Double Orange Line = Closed Door
Purple Dotted Line = Air Duct [No survivors may enter]
Brown Space = Desks. May be climbed upon at the cost of an extra movement square.
Black Dotted X = Unknown contents

Spoiler: Marks/Ranger Cado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ali/Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Damon/Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

It occurs to me that even with 5 people you’re pretty low on ammo. So hopefully the balance feels fair right now. I sent a PM to Kashyyk earlier to confirm he was still interested. He said he was so I’ll run down how the “Transition Phase” works.

Basically when you enter the safe-room I’ll inform you of a few randomly selected stats and who did the best [Jeffrey will be included in this though he’ll be at the bottom of each chart] and then the difficulty will be set to “Advanced”

Then the game proceeds as normal. Remember no ammo is expended while in the safe-room.

Also, for this one only I went with crossing out the squares you can’t see. I’ll do “?”s again next time because I figured out a way to do them quickly and not take about ten minutes Post production.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:18:43 pm by Nerjin »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 22, 2013, 11:05:14 pm »

Finally got around to actually writing down the Crazed Survivor "Infected". Hopefully all that fits. Anyways... yep.

Spoiler: Psychopath (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:16:21 am by Nerjin »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 23, 2013, 03:43:52 am »

Head to R25
Nothing else
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2013, 07:38:32 am »

Update
-Psychopaths can no longer randomly spawn with weapons that possess the "Rare Ammo" ability.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 78