Yes.
- 2 (100%)
Yes.
- 0 (0%)
Also Yes.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 78

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 4/5] [Normal]  (Read 73726 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 1] [Normal] [Wait listing]
« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2013, 06:26:11 am »

maybe just fill the square with solid black? It would also make sense that the character would reload in overwatch if they ran out of ammunition.

Also, Marks, you go for the horde currently pouring down the doorway to the north, i can deal with the hunter and spitter with my shotgun. Shooting the riot would be helpful.

"Marks, I'll rescue Clair, you focus on the common guys!"

Move to V19
Kill hunter
kill spitter
Reloading if necessary

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 1] [Normal] [Wait listing]
« Reply #241 on: September 16, 2013, 08:15:51 am »

New Actions:
Move to AA20
Open fire on all infected coming from the north doorway. (SMG fiire)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 16, 2013, 08:51:07 am »

''CLAIR!!!'' Ali shouted, but seeing a more immediate threat, she was forced to rely on her teammates.

Overwatch North end. Reload when needed.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 18, 2013, 06:27:42 pm »

Sending a prod to Rolepgeek/Damon
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 18, 2013, 06:50:39 pm »

yay. A prod that wasn't to me! :P

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2013, 06:54:00 pm »

I know right?

Also:

Any more suggestions for gameplay stuff? Weapons, new infected, etc.?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2013, 07:56:22 pm »

Gah! I keep missing this somehow in my unread topics sweep.
Damon's face is litup from below, red from muzzleflash as he just keeps the trigger held down until ithe magazine clicks. Once again, the magazine falls out of the gun and a new is slapped in and the process of emptying it is begun again. "Who wants some more!?" he calls out as he continues to fill the hall with bullets.

Crouch
Shoot the zombies in the north hallway. As one group dies, move on to the next(Stray Bullets should help if I ever miss). Double-fire, as usual.
Reload.
Rinse and repeat Again, shoot the zombies in the north hallway.
Overwatch with last action.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2013, 08:18:35 pm »

Double post, but I don't really care.

I might consider splitting melee weapons into two three six several categories.

Sharp vs. Blunt vs. Pointy
Large vs. Small vs. Long
Unwieldy vs. Balanced vs. Light

A melee weapon has one of each of these three characteristics, each with advantages and disadvantages.

Pointy weapons can get crits more easily, but might get stuck; Blunt weapons do the most base damage and shove zombies back, but need more space to work and don't instakill Boomers and such; and Sharp weapons can hit multiple targets in one go and are affected by size less, but don't get crits as often and do less base damage.
Large weapons work best against enemies one tile away and do the most damage, but are ineffective real close and aren't very fast; Small weapons work best against enemies one tile away or in the same tile and are quite fast, but can't hit enemies two tiles away and lack much damage capability; Long weapons work best against enemies two tiles away and can hit hit enemies three tiles away, but are slow and can't hit enemies one tile away(though you can still shove them).
Unwieldy weapons do the most damage but leave their user a bit more vulnerable to attacks; Balanced weapons can be used to defend yourself and are decently fast, but have low Damage-per-Point ability; Light Weapons are very fast, but with low base damage and might break...

I have mechanics ideas in specific for each one, but I'm still thinking over those.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2013, 08:27:39 pm »

Quite frankly I don't think you need to bother - melee weapons aren't used enough to make the effort worthwhile.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2013, 08:33:30 pm »

I'll admit the idea is interesting but as Giglamesh points out we haven't seen melee used enough to validate the effort. If melee is used a lot then maybe.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 18, 2013, 08:34:36 pm »

Well, I suggest it mostly to make melee worthwhile. Particularly if we can do reaction strikes.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 18, 2013, 09:34:20 pm »

Survivor Turn

Spoiler: Survivor Turn (click to show/hide)

Infected Turn
Spoiler: Infected Turn (click to show/hide)

”Jim! JIM! HELP!” Clair cried out as she failed to ward off all three of the infected attacking her at once.

Sparing barely a second glance at the Northern Corridor Jim cried out “I’m coming Clair!” leaping down off the desk Jim attempted to use his gathered speed to propel his bulky frame over the pile of Spitter acid but he fumbled at the last second and instead barreled through a small section. Even this glancing splash burned away a good portion of flesh though left his suit oddly intact.

Jim didn’t notice this minor annoyance as he was too focused on barreling into the Hunter. With a weighty kick Jim knocked the Hunter from Clair “Stay away from her you son of a bitch!” the Hunter and Spitter seemed to vaguely register Jim as a threat just as their heads exploded from two separate shotgun blasts, the second of which clipped Clair. The Riot infected merely stumbled backwards due to the force of the blow but launched himself back at Clair with a mindless zeal.

The remaining three succeeded in their tasks slightly better. While Mark and Damon wasted many bullets on missed shots the two of them, along with Ali, managed to clear out the majority of the Northern hallway with only a few small scratched on Damon’s legs to show for the infected’s attempts at murder.

Quote from: Map Key
Dashed Green Line = Open Door
Dashed Orange Line = Open Door
Double Orange Line = Closed Door
Purple Dotted Line = Air Duct [No survivors may enter]
Brown Space = Desks. May be climbed upon at the cost of an extra movement square.

Spoiler: Marks/Ranger Cado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ali/Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Damon/Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Are you kidding me? Damon missed every shot and got nothing above 5? REAAAAALLY? Why? Oh god… Bad dice today mate. Oh well…

Also Jim might wanna be more careful with those shotguns in the future when firing at the direction of your allies.

Also: You can already do reaction strikes with melee... It just doesn't have any ranged uses.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 18, 2013, 09:59:22 pm »

I crouched. Shouldn't I have gotten a bonus to hit?

Also,

Crouch
Overwatch with Pistol

"I'm out of ammo!"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 18, 2013, 10:03:52 pm »

Sorry about that mate...

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 19, 2013, 03:39:50 am »

Clair touches the wounds "Thank you, Jim."

run to X19
reload
head to Y16
wack whatever C is with Katana till dead.(taking up cover fire with it to hit it again when it move back to hit me)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 03:41:33 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 78