Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2775 2776 [2777] 2778 2779 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3116714 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #41640 on: February 12, 2014, 03:20:21 am »

<Except in such cases, one may defer or otherwise mitigate their decision to others. Essentially diluting the supposed liability.

I see why not, though as stated I still do prefer to avoid associating myself publicly with the supernatural.>

Cyrielle considers it for a moment. Who has seen her? Who would know that her presence in the two locations within those timeframes were suspicious?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #41641 on: February 12, 2014, 03:21:06 am »

Nobody but Richard and the nurses who checked her out.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #41642 on: February 12, 2014, 03:21:46 am »

<Except in such cases, one may defer or otherwise mitigate their decision to others. Essentially diluting the supposed liability.

I see why not, though as stated I still do prefer to avoid associating myself publicly with the supernatural.>

Cyrielle considers it for a moment. Who has seen her? Who would know that her presence in the two locations within those timeframes were suspicious?

<So make the gate well away from our meeting place and don't turn into Gatekeeper while you're with me unless the benefits of such would outweigh any possible downsides to such?>
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41643 on: February 12, 2014, 03:25:47 am »

<Or alternatively, use the teleport function of the bracelets to meet me in private. You never can be too careful after all, someone suddenly appearing and disappearing elsewhere may cause issues...>

"Actually, I'll stay here, book tickets and take the next plane out."
[To: Richard] <I'll just say that I collapsed somewhere and a magic user teleported me here. I shall take a more conventional way back home.>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #41644 on: February 12, 2014, 03:28:34 am »

<I'm sorry, I haven't been fully taught the functions of the bracelets... '^_^>
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41645 on: February 12, 2014, 03:30:40 am »

<They also used to be able to access a server William created, but that unit was destroyed earlier.>

[To: Abraxas] <You have my, admittedly meaningless, thanks for organizing that.>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #41646 on: February 12, 2014, 03:32:02 am »

<Aaaw,that's too bad.>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41647 on: February 12, 2014, 03:35:53 am »

<The other functions include simulating entry into someone else's mind, sharing of thoughts, access of sensory feeds, blocking of others (rather useful when people forget that people can access said sensory feeds during an inopportune moment), private connections and generation of false magic signatures.>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #41648 on: February 12, 2014, 03:42:27 am »

<How very interesting...>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41649 on: February 12, 2014, 03:53:35 am »

<Finally, some more unintended effects include the capability to find the relative locations of other bracelets and the automatic translation of thoughts.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #41650 on: February 12, 2014, 04:47:34 am »

ICARUS loads her particle cannon with silver ions, and fires a shot at the beast! 30 MP used!

Hainuwele pricks the beast with her silver needle, in order to cloud it's vision, if not blind it, depending on how resistant it is. 30 MP used for the disbalance.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41651 on: February 12, 2014, 05:04:04 am »

The real Grandiose is considering popping up behind Cyrielle and attempting to scare her. It could be good laughs. If she has a sense of humor...

The fake Grandiose continues with his default plan of turning the beast into a painting only if it attempts to gore him.
Sen also continues to attempt to debuff the beast's speed with her Black Mass.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41652 on: February 12, 2014, 09:19:34 am »

Selina gives Shys'm Caes a quick kiss on the cheek before walking off to draw, keeping her ears and mind open for if the two needed anything.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41653 on: February 12, 2014, 09:57:46 am »

(To Will) <They don't want to play yet, you want to do something just us?>
<When I get back, sure.>

<Furthermore, regret and self doubt tend to linger in such matters as do the consequences. It is often most preferable to not be in a position to influence the matter at all.>
<"With powers come responsibilities." I believe your world has a similar saying. The point is, you are in a position to influence matters as long as you have the power to influence matters. If you don't have regret and self-doubt over these matters you could have changed but didn't, you're just ignoring what you could have done.>

<They also used to be able to access a server William created, but that unit was destroyed earlier.>
<Along with the blueprints I based them off of.>
"Taps" plays in the bracelets.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41654 on: February 12, 2014, 10:12:07 am »

N'thara attempts to RUNTHEFUCKINSIDEREALLYFAST.

[ROLL: 11] N'thara attempts to run away, but trips and falls flat on her face. Hopefully nobody saw that...

The lesser shadows flank the beast on either side and hack at it with physical attacks!

[TOO MANY F-ING ROLLS] The shadows all gang up on the beast, but its tough hide proves invulnerable to their attacks. At least they're distracting the beast, so you'll all should have an easy time hitting this thing.

Tobias attempts to have the beast's own shadow to whack it (MAG attack)

[AUTO] Hit! 12 damage! The beast's own shadow rears up to strike it, tearing a large gouge in its hide. Yet, before your eyes, the wound begins to close up on its own, until you can barely see it's there.

Keith if he should be attacked sidesteps and stabs the thing as it goes by.

[AUTO] Hit! 17 damage! Keith doesn't get attacked, but he stabs the thing with his spear anyways. The beast howls and thrashes, but only a drop of blood leaks out before its wound seals itself.

Will attempts to catch the bow and arrows before attempting to shoot the beast.

[AUTO] Hit! 6 damage! Will catches the bow, and then USEC_OFFICER remembers that Will has super-intuition, allowing hit to target the beast's vitals flawlessly. However the beast's hide is still strong, and the arrow barely sinks into its flesh.

Bethany transforms into Corebus and stabs it in the face.

[AUTO] Hit! 9 damage! Despite having a massive sword almost as tall as he is, Corebus's barely manages to cut the beast with his blade. Even as he finishes the stroke, the gnash begins to close itself up, until only the blood on the sword is the only reminder of the wound.

Bismuth slashes.

[AUTO] Hit! 9 damage! Bismuth is in the same boat as Corebus, barely doing any damage despite her best efforts.

Marie finds a nice position and shoots.

[AUTO] Hit! 8 damage! The bullets from Marie's BAR almost seem to bounce off like hail, given all the damage they're doing to the thing.

Kyle realizes there's a giant monster to fight. He spends about a minute deciding on which weapon to use before taking out his katana and spinning it in his hand. And then he charges the monster.

[AUTO] Hit! 6 damage! Kyle's katana... barely hurts the thing. Yay...

Mallory unbuttons the sleeve of his shirt on his right arm and pulls it up to his elbow. He sighed as he cracked his neck, "Guess this is gonna happen today." He closed his eyes and focused on memories of his past. He blocked all thoughts of recent events in his mind and focused mostly on memories of his father abusing him and beating his mother. He ground his teeth together as he now felt a pain along his right arm. Around his arm was gathering a number of dark red droplets that moved frantically, cutting his exposed flesh in various places until he opened his eyes in which it all coalesced in his hand forming a thin and jagged piece of glass about the size of a claymore.

-25 HP, because everyone in this game has way too much HP. As Mallory forms his giant claymore, his blood runs down his arm, forming a small pool on the ground. This represents the most damage that he'll take during this battle.

Sen also continues to attempt to debuff the beast's speed with her Black Mass.

[34 vs. 26] Hit! Sen's words of power hit the beast squarely, surrounding it with mystic runes that hamper its movement.

Hainuwele pricks the beast with her silver needle, in order to cloud it's vision, if not blind it, depending on how resistant it is. 30 MP used for the disbalance.

[AUTO] Hit! As the needle sinks into the beast's body, a massive burst of smoke billows out, taking Hainuwele by surprise. She jumps back before she can take a breath of it, having already done her damage. The beast lets out a loud yowl, as the wound festers and becomes inflamed.

ICARUS loads her particle cannon with silver ions, and fires a shot at the beast! 30 MP used!

[AUTO] Hit! 36 36 36 36! ICARUS, seeing the wound that the silver needle caused, loads her particle cannon with silver ions and fires a shot at the beast. The shot blasts through the creature, causing it to writhe on the ground, howling in pain. ICARUS immediately moves forward, pumping several more shots into the beast's head to put it out of its misery.

Sir Platz stares at the beast, "Huh. That was easy."

((Also, I AM SO SORRY USEC FOR HAVING YOU DO 16 ROLLS FOR SUMMONS! ;-;))

((It's okay. This is why god invented fudging, after all.))

((Didn't USEC say something about the bracelets not working in that place?))

((Yes, yes I did. It was mostly to keep people from teleporting back and forth between here and the real world.))

((Also, if I'm unlucky, there could be one more encounter after this. Other than that there should be lots of talking, because... Goddamn it. Combat is terrible.))
Pages: 1 ... 2775 2776 [2777] 2778 2779 ... 4748