Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2751 2752 [2753] 2754 2755 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3118312 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #41280 on: February 11, 2014, 03:09:54 am »

<Well, it's rather difficult to manage a positive tone when my life is at risk and my mind is being perturbed. Anyway, I personally don't see why my suggestion seems so melancholic, it seems like a potentially enjoyable experience. Searching for Abraxas' residence that is, not the dying.>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #41281 on: February 11, 2014, 03:12:42 am »

<Well, it's rather difficult to manage a positive tone when my life is at risk and my mind is being perturbed. Anyway, I personally don't see why my suggestion seems so melancholic, it seems like a potentially enjoyable experience. Searching for Abraxas' residence that is, not the dying.>

<Okay. *mind-snuggles*>
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41282 on: February 11, 2014, 03:18:32 am »

<*reciprocation* My apologies if I am not very warm so to speak, but I shall be undergoing surgery soon which needless to say, is dampening my mood, furthermore, to me at least, public association with the supernatural is more of a troublesome liability than anything else hence I am not very close to your mother or her friends. Consider me to be more of an occasional associate.>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #41283 on: February 11, 2014, 03:20:50 am »

<*reciprocation* My apologies if I am not very warm so to speak, but I shall be undergoing surgery soon which needless to say, is dampening my mood, furthermore, to me at least, public association with the supernatural is more of a troublesome liability than anything else hence I am not very close to your mother or her friends. Consider me to be more of an occasional associate.>

<Why?>
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41284 on: February 11, 2014, 03:23:08 am »

<Well, for starters, there's a group going around abducting magic users, there is already some prejudice against them as well even though they were the primary factor that contributed to humanity's victory in he recent war. Also, there happens to be a general ban, on all magic use in my current location.>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #41285 on: February 11, 2014, 03:24:44 am »

<Well, for starters, there's a group going around abducting magic users, there is already some prejudice against them as well even though they were the primary factor that contributed to humanity's victory in he recent war. Also, there happens to be a general ban, on all magic use in my current location.>

<... Humans are weird, I think... Most of the people I know are magic!>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41286 on: February 11, 2014, 03:29:13 am »

<Actually, only approximately 1% of the population has supernatural capabilities. Also, your mother is far more public about her involvement in magic, so it's hardly a surprise that most of her friends have supernatural capabilities.>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #41287 on: February 11, 2014, 03:31:08 am »

<Actually, only approximately 1% of the population has supernatural capabilities. Also, your mother is far more public about her involvement in magic, so it's hardly a surprise that most of her friends have supernatural capabilities.>

<*giggles* I think the fact that most of my friends are from the Void might have something to do with it. I just don't get why people have so many problems :(>
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:33:37 am by ragnarok97071 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41288 on: February 11, 2014, 03:49:05 am »

<The supernatural, until recently, was considered by the general public to be an escapist domain of occultist babble and fictional texts. Our world is based on numerical power, democracy via voting, conflict via armies or silos of ballistic missiles. The difference with magic and its limited proliferation is, it threatens the balance. It gives power, often unique, to individuals. That causes significant issues, especially because none of our infrastructure was ever created with consideration to such matters.

Furthermore, humanity has always had a fear of the unknown. They couldn't even tolerate others with different genetic traits until relatively recently and there are still issues associated with that. Now you implicate eldritch entities beyond current human understanding, far more obscure then most matters in this age of information technology. This may be considered a retrogression back into some of humanity's earliest centuries, once again fearful of the dark and what lies beyond the horizon, only now it's the supernatural world. Such a calamitous issue is bound to cause unease. Well, for some at least.

Also, the recent magical firefights that have recently occurred at cosplay conventions aren't the most reassuring events either.>

((Apparently those conventions have abnormally large amounts of void entities and magic users which cause rather violent altercations if some of them are hostile.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41289 on: February 11, 2014, 04:00:22 am »

<On top of all that convoluted mass of capricious turmoil, you in addition have some of the largest religions in the world challenged by the fact that someone is claiming to be the divine creator they spoke of. Which is causing significant issues when their traditionally benevolent and anthropomorphically male who is against homosexuals turns out to be a female mass murderer who is indeed homosexual and capable of backing herself with evidence by providing the specific contents of their prayers. The fact that she is remotely human is a troublesome matter in itself for the faiths as if my knowledge is correct, which I cannot guarantee it is, then she may in fact be violating the first section of the Moreh Nevuchim.>
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:02:02 am by Empiricist »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41290 on: February 11, 2014, 04:07:01 am »

<Now think, what if Shys'm Caes were to say 'Jesus isn't my son'? That would be catastrophic to Christianity. Or what if she instead stated 'I prefer something heartfelt without any ritual'? When religions tend to be so rooted in ritual and tradition alike? Yes, not everyone will believe her, but some will and the fact that she can provide evidence to her divinity makes the situation far from negligible.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #41291 on: February 11, 2014, 06:03:38 am »

ICARUS is performing maintenance, to repair the minor dents the dog men made, recharges her battery and analyses combat data from the encounter.

Hainuwele has taken her price, one of the dog-mans eye balls, and roasts it over the fire for a delicious meal.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41292 on: February 11, 2014, 08:27:02 am »

Sen is sitting beside Hainuwele, roasting the arm of one of the dog men. Sen doesn't care.

Grandiose is sitting down at a random place in the castle acting like a statue.

Another grandiose is watching everyone from The Gallery. This one may be the real grandiose. Probably.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #41293 on: February 11, 2014, 08:28:56 am »

"Arms are only good if you wanna fioght only your hunger, the eyes are the best parts."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41294 on: February 11, 2014, 08:32:09 am »

((Sorry for day late reply, had an issue with the rents yesterday.))

"I do, actually."

They presumably walk there and are greeted by nothing.

"..fiddlesticks."

<Hey, um, where is everyone?>
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 2751 2752 [2753] 2754 2755 ... 4748