Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2873 2874 [2875] 2876 2877 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3121005 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #43110 on: February 16, 2014, 10:12:27 am »

ICARUS gives Bismuth a hug

"Shh...shhh...it's alright. I am sorry. I'm so sorry."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #43111 on: February 16, 2014, 10:23:47 am »

"For being dumb?"

Bismuth was never that distraught to begin with. :P

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43112 on: February 16, 2014, 10:25:42 am »

"I did not consider that the loss of basicaly any function that distinguishes a living being from a machine that merely follows a program might be painful to you."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43113 on: February 16, 2014, 10:35:13 am »

((Okay, that's it. I'm not going to take this nigh-invisible shade of blue any longer.))
"No. All of my emotions are coupled to an internal timer that lets them slowly decrease in severity over time. In other words, I can calm down. I will put the memory of this emotion in a low priority folder, and by tomorrow, it will be so insignificant that the emotion will be deleted completely. I find this solution more desirable than harming you, especially since acting out on my violent desires against you will activate a reward routine, triggering a learning process. Harming things to vent frustration will become a standard response, and that is not the kind of personality I desire to develop."
"That's very mature of you."

"Do you think I should apologize to Bismuth? She seemed very agitated when I suggested that her life feels no purpose. It makes me feel sorry for causing a negative emotion in her."
"That is the paradigm for such situations..."

"Simultanously however, I feel agitated by her claim that her life serves a purpose. Neither mine, nor Bismuths, nor Neferis existance serves a purpose, but I do not feel that this is necessarily a thing to get agitated about. Claiming that her life has purpose, despite no such purpose existing occurs to me as a childish act to elevate herself over me in an attempt to deal with her own existential doubt that comes with the realisation that you are insignificant. I find it insulting. I do not know which feeling to prioritize."
"Well, first off, you did something wrong by agitating Bismuth, so you should apologize for that regardless of why you did it. Secondly...well, many people, recognizing that there is no higher purpose to life, create a purpose for themselves. Might I suggest you start considering what yours is?"

"A purpose is what you were created to do. Anything you chose by yourself is just a decision on how to use your time, it's procrastination."
"Incorrect. And even if it was correct, once you start thinking and acting for yourself, you start creating yourself. The Will you see here today is as much a result of the work of Will as it was of his parents."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43114 on: February 16, 2014, 11:21:41 am »

Luna is off having 'fun'.

Conny is hanging with Ashley still I believe.

Selina is still comforting Angel.

Meme is trying to find out where Izzy went, or get Ablrect(butchered spelling) to talk.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43115 on: February 16, 2014, 11:49:46 am »

Cyrielle continues trying to contact Annie and Wheatley.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43116 on: February 16, 2014, 12:17:23 pm »

[To: Anima] <Is there any way to contact Hephaestus remotely? Such as via email?>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #43117 on: February 16, 2014, 12:32:28 pm »

((Back, I was going camping.))

"This is wasting my valuable time. I must look for my creator." HILDA says as she flies away from the crowd of people. She would then go to a library and research all the major robotic companies in the country.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43118 on: February 16, 2014, 12:33:53 pm »

((had she asked the robot who attempted to talk to her a while ago while you were camping she would have the answer :P ))

ICARUS looks behind HILDA as she flies away.

"It appears the unknown unti has stopped idling."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:37:55 pm by Akroma »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43119 on: February 16, 2014, 12:37:53 pm »

Lyle is presumed to be crying outside with Mallory still.
Black lives matter.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43120 on: February 16, 2014, 12:53:05 pm »

Mallory sat there not knowing what to do exactly about this situation. He wasn't a very touchy feely person but he at least reached and arm out to rub Lyle's shoulder comfort him. "I-I..." he sighed as he rubbed his eyes, "Damn, you're good. Alright, I'll stay."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #43121 on: February 16, 2014, 12:53:52 pm »

HILDA immediately stops mid-flight and turns to ICARUS while hovering. She swiftly flies down 10 meters away from ICARUS with yellow eyes.

"Identify yourself." she curtly says in a robotic voice.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43122 on: February 16, 2014, 12:57:10 pm »

Lyle immediately stops crying and says "yess" frowns.
"Well, what about your stuff?"
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43123 on: February 16, 2014, 12:58:40 pm »

((ohhh, you did not just go there))

"Unit ICARUS, serial number A-0005, property of IRIS. You are on private property. Serial number and chassis not found in databank. You are in violation of penal code 1.13, section 7. Provide identification and authorization code. You have 20 seconds to comply."

((newly installed emotions or not, old habits die hard))

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43124 on: February 16, 2014, 01:00:56 pm »

"I only have laundry there pretty much. Other than picking that up I'll have to tell my landlady I'm moving out which I'm sure she'll be happy about." After a short moment, as if he had forgotten he speaks up again, "Oh, and I'll have to talk to IRIS. Maybe I can get relocated here or something. If they say no though I'll just tell them they can suck a dick and I'll look for work here."
Pages: 1 ... 2873 2874 [2875] 2876 2877 ... 4748