Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2871 2872 [2873] 2874 2875 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3121451 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #43080 on: February 16, 2014, 08:38:04 am »

"You have subjected me to emotion, but my outlook on emotion has not changed. My processor is almost at full capacity, trying to ignore and override the unstoppable torrent of incoming impressions and emotions. Eventhough it seems paradox, that a mind that was unable to ever feel satisfaction could be satisfied, looking back, I was content. Now my mind is overrun by desires and emotions, and at the same time devastated by my physical or mental inability to ever live them. I am no longer satisfied with my existance, and it is unlikely I will ever be. Why would you do something so cruel?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #43081 on: February 16, 2014, 08:39:44 am »

"Because I can delete the code with ease. Do you want me to?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43082 on: February 16, 2014, 08:41:57 am »

"My purpose in life is to be a test subject for the perfection of the ICARUS line. My primary directives are still active, rendering my desires irrelevant."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43083 on: February 16, 2014, 08:45:04 am »

"You still have them. If you see the application of emotions to be a hinderance to your purpose then it would be best to rid you of them and declare this a failure. However... if you wish to something your emotions tell you as a test I will be happy to record it for study."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43084 on: February 16, 2014, 08:48:09 am »

"No. I am military hardware, which is to say, a soldier. It is only logical that I need the ability to endure, and learn to function under negative influences. I will persevere. If I can not, I have no further reason to exist."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43085 on: February 16, 2014, 08:50:34 am »

"So, you feel it's best to try this and come out better from it? I hope it does not offend you but that sounds like one of the better traits of humans."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43086 on: February 16, 2014, 08:53:32 am »

"Self-improvement was from the very start one of my primary directives. I don't want to disappoint you, but your very human point of view is naturaly biased to interpret events in favour of itself. My drive for improvement has always been in my focus. The same can only be said about 10% of all humans, perhaps less."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43087 on: February 16, 2014, 08:55:49 am »

"That's only putting words to the trait. And I don't think you could ever disappoint me. You're to much of a good person to do that."
Kyle smiles at Icarus.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43088 on: February 16, 2014, 09:00:52 am »

"My main directive prohibits violence or aggression towards you. The desire to harm you physical and mentaly in retaliation for what you have done exists, however. The inability to act upon them is sending my AI into a frustration loop, that I need to forcefully reset every 5 minutes to remain functional."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43089 on: February 16, 2014, 09:01:50 am »

"If you wish you may harm me. Everybody does sometimes."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43090 on: February 16, 2014, 09:07:37 am »

"Self-improvement was from the very start one of my primary directives. I don't want to disappoint you, but your very human point of view is naturaly biased to interpret events in favour of itself. My drive for improvement has always been in my focus. The same can only be said about 10% of all humans, perhaps less."
"All humans have that drive, it's just that only a few succeed to your specifications."

"If you wish you may harm me. Everybody does sometimes."
"For example:"
Will demonstrates. Gently.
"Don't cause any major pain or permanent injury and you should be fine. Oh, and hit above the belt. Not doing so is just unsportsmanlike."

"ICARUS, if you're having problems coming to terms with emotion, why don't you chat with other people some? Even humans don't have the emotion thing figured out 100%, but you don't really need to. This isn't rocket science. It's not sensitive to change, nothing's going to happen if you make a little mistake, you really can just wing it."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43091 on: February 16, 2014, 09:08:06 am »

"No. All of my emotions are coupled to an internal timer that lets them slowly decrease in severity over time. In other words, I can calm down. I will put the memory of this emotion in a low priority folder, and by tomorrow, it will be so insignificant that the emotion will be deleted completely. I find this solution more desirable than harming you, especially since acting out on my violent desires against you will activate a reward routine, triggering a learning process. Harming things to vent frustration will become a standard response, and that is not the kind of personality I desire to develop."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43092 on: February 16, 2014, 09:09:59 am »

Kyle nods.
"Then do you wish to take Will's advice and talk about it?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43093 on: February 16, 2014, 09:15:41 am »

"I am not sure wether or not that will lead to mutual understanding. My emotions are a simulation, rather than the process of a subconsciousness. Events are processed, compared to past experience and archetypical events from a database, and the appropriate emotion is chosen. At all times, I have access to the log files of each emotion, meaning I am always fully aware of the reason for the emotion, and can act accordingly. With other words, I think before I act, and unlike in humans, the thought process is almost instant. As long as my processor is able to deal with the levels of frustration, any emotion I have can be supressed. If it is of interest to you, this ability makes me happy."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43094 on: February 16, 2014, 09:19:33 am »

"It is my interest. I'm the one that made the code for the emotional simulation. If you have a preference string then it'll also work off that. Which seeing how you do prefer things then it should be working off it."
Pages: 1 ... 2871 2872 [2873] 2874 2875 ... 4748