Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2872 2873 [2874] 2875 2876 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3121360 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #43095 on: February 16, 2014, 09:25:17 am »

"Do you think I should apologize to Bismuth? She seemed very agitated when I suggested that her life feels no purpose. It makes me feel sorry for causing a negative emotion in her. Simultanously however, I feel agitated by her claim that her life serves a purpose. Neither mine, nor Bismuths, nor Neferis existance serves a purpose, but I do not feel that this is necessarily a thing to get agitated about. Claiming that her life has purpose, despite no such purpose existing occurs to me as a childish act to elevate herself over me in an attempt to deal with her own existential doubt that comes with the realisation that you are insignificant. I find it insulting. I do not know which feeling to prioritize."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #43096 on: February 16, 2014, 09:27:54 am »

"First you have to ask is there actually any purpose to anything at all. We could very well not exist but on the same scale we also have purpose since we decided we did. Even if we're insignificant we can still have purpose if we want."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43097 on: February 16, 2014, 09:32:05 am »

"Incorrect. One can not give oneself a purpose."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43098 on: February 16, 2014, 09:33:19 am »

"Prove it. What fundamental law of the universe says one can not create their own purpose?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43099 on: February 16, 2014, 09:35:00 am »

"A purpose is what you were created to do. Anything you chose by yourself is just a decision on how to use your time, it's procrastination."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43100 on: February 16, 2014, 09:40:17 am »

"That's only one definition. The other is what one has as ones objective or intention. And if we only go by the one definition what proves that humans have to reproduce for their goal? If that were the case then why do people become unable to have children so easily? Why are some just plain not fertile?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43101 on: February 16, 2014, 09:43:29 am »

"As I said, there is nothing wrong with having no purpose or procrastinating. One just shouldn't confuse the one with the other. Being infertile is a defect, as the biological systems to reproduce are very fragile. It does not mean you are worth less, it only means you no longer serve a purpose."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43102 on: February 16, 2014, 09:45:03 am »

"You said earlier that you, Bismuth, and Neferis were insignificant for not being able to serve the purpose of reproduction. Which is it?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43103 on: February 16, 2014, 09:51:37 am »

"My view on the issue may be incomplete, as I, like Neferis, was unable to reproduce from the very beginning of my existance. Reproduction was never my purpose. Meanwhile, Bismuths existance is coupled by the loss of a purpose it once held. I forgot to consider this. It must be traumatic to be equipped with the mind of a human, that has the inherit subconscious desire to reproduce, some psychologists claim is designed for nothing else than reproduction, and finding you are no longer able to. This must be a great burden on Bismuth."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43104 on: February 16, 2014, 09:53:49 am »

"She's probably had enough time to work through it and decide to give herself purpose."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43105 on: February 16, 2014, 09:56:13 am »

"Her mind remains human. Humans are unable to interact with their subconsciousness and instincs, they are very deeprooted. Never being able to bear children, despite your entire mind being designed only for that purpose is a trauma that I doubt can ever be entirely coped with."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43106 on: February 16, 2014, 09:58:55 am »

"Maybe. I never really was one for psychology... Which makes it kind of odd that I can make a decent recreation of emotions. Anything else you want to talk about?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43107 on: February 16, 2014, 10:01:44 am »

"No. I will seek out Bismuth to comfort her."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43108 on: February 16, 2014, 10:02:50 am »

Kyle nods in approval.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile