Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1012246 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #15045 on: June 02, 2014, 08:22:58 pm »

Is this shapeshifter apparently named BS a shapeshifter?
If so, it applies.
Black lives matter.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15046 on: June 02, 2014, 08:26:01 pm »

I read and understood all of that... But now my head hurts...
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15047 on: June 02, 2014, 08:34:58 pm »

Bartimaeus probably isn't gonna register, even if IRIS makes him.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15048 on: June 02, 2014, 08:36:02 pm »

...So... Selina has no points as all her spells are summons/creations.

And you got muted again? ...We need a way for you to tell us when this happens.
...Why do you think I vanished from the forums for a week, then mentioned in a few places that I got muted once I got back?

And summons/etc fall under the Ally advantage. Selina's power, however, would probably work better as a (heavily modified) version of the Snatcher power (page 86). Probably with the Permanent (+300%) and Cosmic [Costs FP, 12, -60%] (+20%) Enhancements to let the things stick around forever and be able to summon living things, plus Costs FP (10) (-50%) to apply the extreme fatigue she undergoes, Limited Use (max 4 times/day) (-20%), Magical (-10%) because it is, Preparation Required (1 hour) (-50%) to account for drawing the picture, Stunning (-10%) and Takes Recharge (1 hour) (-30%) primarily to reduce cost, and Trigger (Drawing Materials) (-10%) for obvious reasons. This means the cost is (100+300+20-10-50-20-50-10-30-10)%=240% of its initial cost of 80 points. So, a total of 192, or almost twice the suggested starting limit. Problematic. We'd need to give her 92 points of disadvantages, which is almost twice the suggested disadvantage cap.
We could make her need eight hours to draw a picture and only able to actually summon them twice a day, but those would only drop the cost 20%, or to 176, still 50% more than we can get from disadvantages. I could also add Untrainable, which would keep Selina's chance of success at 50% and bring the cost down to 180% or 144, just enough that we can give her some disadvantages to balance it out.
Without radically changing how her power works (e.g, letting her only bring one thing at once out of paper, making it tied to a specific pen, etc), I can't get better than that.

I read and understood all of that... But now my head hurts...
Sorry. The gist of it is simple: Out-of-combat, Sen can switch spellbooks. Each spellbook has a bunch of spells that mostly do what they say. Also, a bunch of spellbooks couldn't be made, for one reason or another, but you can get more spellbooks and add them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15049 on: June 02, 2014, 08:40:46 pm »

And thus, Barty becomes the Rita Skeeter of the ROTMGverse.
Black lives matter.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15050 on: June 02, 2014, 08:42:54 pm »

And thus, Barty becomes the Rita Skeeter of the ROTMGverse.
I know what you mean, but he needs to become a reporter now. Also, careful with the Harry Potter spoilers, it's possible that one or even both of the people on the Internet unfamiliar with HP could come across this.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15051 on: June 02, 2014, 08:43:47 pm »

Sonic kills Voldemort!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15052 on: June 02, 2014, 08:44:56 pm »

I'll tone it down from now on, but I'll also leave this:

Be on the lookout for Marty McFly and Darth Vader.
Black lives matter.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15053 on: June 02, 2014, 08:46:45 pm »

Bartimaeus probably was a reporter before.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15054 on: June 02, 2014, 08:48:30 pm »

Dumboldore kills everyone!

Also... How much of a down on the point thingy would being a pacifist and generally getting scared  frozen affect it?

And I knew about the first time you were temp-banned. Didn't know it happened again.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15055 on: June 02, 2014, 08:52:33 pm »

Bartimaeus was also a British spy in WWII, one of Solomon's shapeshifters, a mother twice, and even more stuff.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #15056 on: June 02, 2014, 09:04:20 pm »

You're not trying to make these characters off of 100 CP, are you? Cause anyone who's throwing around particles at .5C is WAY above that.

Also remember, there are MANY different magic systems to use in GURPS. The Default magic as skills is good for wizards that spend lots of time studying in order to learn each specific spell as a single skill. If you want more flexible magic, there RPM, my favourite. For people with less focus on skill and more inborn talent, there's Magic as Powers, as done in sorcery, Chinese Elemental Powers, or even Divine Favor and Psionic Powers for ones less branded as Magic.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15057 on: June 02, 2014, 09:05:41 pm »

We aren't actually using GURPS, are we?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15058 on: June 02, 2014, 09:07:08 pm »

Also... How much of a down on the point thingy would being a pacifist and generally getting scared  frozen affect it?
That would be Pacifism (Total Nonviolence) for -30 points (which also implies that you'll actively try to stop others from fighting as well) and Combat Paralysis for -15. It would be just enough for the last version of the powers, and leave you with one free point to spend on, I dunno, Autotrance or something.

You're not trying to make these characters off of 100 CP, are you? Cause anyone who's throwing around particles at .5C is WAY above that.

Also remember, there are MANY different magic systems to use in GURPS. The Default magic as skills is good for wizards that spend lots of time studying in order to learn each specific spell as a single skill. If you want more flexible magic, there RPM, my favourite. For people with less focus on skill and more inborn talent, there's Magic as Powers, as done in sorcery, Chinese Elemental Powers, or even Divine Favor and Psionic Powers for ones less branded as Magic.
The 100 Character Points is just for Advantages and Disadvantages. And it's only an initial suggestion.

We aren't actually using GURPS, are we?
Not the system, no.
Sig

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15059 on: June 02, 2014, 09:07:56 pm »

Okay, cause then I'd have to redo all my character sheets, and that'd be a huge pain in the ass. Plus I don't even know how to use GURPS.
Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 1030