Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: What's the worst game you've ever played?  (Read 5638 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: What's the worst game you've ever played?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 03:08:57 pm »

More options is an advantage.  ;)

I'm not saying its not a tiny advantage, but it still made me uncomfortable enough to feel bad about playing it.

Plus it's not a game where multiplayer is unbalanced by some shitty leveling system and straight upgrades.

Yeah, those are bad too.
The biggest advantage you get from paying (once) is a much larger inventory. But really, how effective you can be in killing mainly depends on your skill. There's Pyros and Pyros, there's Heavies and Heavies.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 03:10:50 pm »

Never underestimate the ability to trade. I wish I could anyways...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 03:14:34 pm »

Oh, right, that too :c
You can actually trade, all the items dropped for you are just untradeable. I gave a friend a scottish resistance and he worked his way up to a full kit for his Spy, and even some hats.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 03:16:01 pm »

I never really wanted to waste my day playing the trading game when I could play an actual game.  Besides, when I quit I had most of the weapons.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 03:23:16 pm »

Sadly enough, I'd have to consider System Shock or System Shock 2 (not sure which) as my worst gaming experience--

I don't manifest motion sickness like most people-- I don't have a problem for 90% of the way, then I have massive headaches that persist for days. Bouncing around in the wireframe computer mode for half an hour kind of laid me out for two days. Pity too, since I was rather enjoying it until then.

Descent (and its successors) do it to a lesser extent, and so does Borderlands 2.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 03:35:42 pm »

Jagex' Ace of Spades.
The sheer amount of dumbness in this game compared to the FREE original is unacceptably bad.

Either that, or Might and Magic: Heroes VI.
Because Ubisoft and reboots.
Yep same here . I went to there website after it was bought and was like wtf? Where did that great (but filled with a couple of hackers here and there.) Go?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:37:29 pm by choppy »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 03:45:16 pm »

I played Game*Com Resident Evil 2 back in the day. I actually thought it was pretty good until when I recently saw the unreleased Gameboy Color prototype of Resident Evil. And that was the one they axed "because the hardware wasn't powerful enough". >:(

There's also GBA Doom. Just listen to how they mangled At Doom's Gate, probably the best song in all of gaming.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 03:53:33 pm »

Jagex' Ace of Spades.
The sheer amount of dumbness in this game compared to the FREE original is unacceptably bad.
God damn, this still fucking pisses me off. The original Ace of Spades was god-tier, until the developer started listening to the people on his forums who wanted to literally make the game like CoD, and wanted to make the game easier. He did this, and went on and on about how he would NEVER sell out and the game would always be free.

Another vote for Ace of Spades. Bought a 4-pack with some friends, and Steam gave us 8 copies due to an error on their part (and let us keep them). Everyone involved was pissed that they paid money for the game. Had to beg people to take the extra gift copies off my hands.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 04:21:07 pm »

Let me give you a quick rundown of things that Jagex ruined.

Ultra low specs so that ancient toasters could run the game - check
A grand total price of zero dollars and 0 cents - check
Slow-ish, tactical gameplay - check
A fine aesthetic - check
Simplicity - check

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 04:56:36 pm »

hey. guys you know that the original is still around. its called build and shoot. names a bit meh, but hey its still free.

Edit: link buildandshoot.com it looks like the community took this over.And they are having a championship going on.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:09:55 pm by choppy »

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 05:00:53 pm »

Stronghold 2 was pretty bad.

Also Space Trader Merchant Marine (or some name like that) sounded a lot better then it actually was.

ConsUme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 05:03:59 pm »

Goddamit SourceForge

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 05:09:08 pm »

On a personal level (as in the game that dissapointed and annoyed me the most in recent memory), I'm going to have to say Bioshock Infinite. Awful gunplay, worthless powers, pretentious storyline, dumb setting, horribly written anime characters I couldn't empathize with in a million years. It's just all so much worse than Bioshock 1.

As far as absolutely bad bad goes, I guess Isle of the Dead would take the cake. Though I don't think I ever got beyond the demo area in it.

There's also GBA Doom. Just listen to how they mangled At Doom's Gate, probably the best song in all of gaming.
Jesus. And there's people defending it in the comments.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 05:33:51 pm »

Forbes Corporate Warrior.  This is essentially a business themed Wolfenstein 3D clone.  Awful.

Operation:Body Count is another Wolfenstein 3D clone.  It's highly monotonous and gray, and despite taking place in the U.N. buildings there are American flags all over the place.

Captain Novolin, an SNES educational game/platformer about diabetes.

The SNES version of Pit-Fighter is a nigh unplayable arcade port.

Magic: The Gathering Battlemage, a truly bizarre combination of M:tG and a real time strategy game.

James "Buster" Douglas Knockout Boxing is a button masher with no strategy or skill involved whatsoever.

Beethoven's 2nd, an awful licensed game platformer for the SNES.

That's all I could name off the top of my head.  Will think of others!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 05:39:51 pm »

Forbes Corporate Warrior.  This is essentially a business themed Wolfenstein 3D clone.  Awful.
That actually sounds hilarious.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4